KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Matrix - Did it need 2 sequels?

Matrix - Did it need 2 sequels?
Started by: dundarz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dundarz
Buy! Buy! Buy!

Matrix - Did it need 2 sequels?

Now, before anyone starts calling me, etc, i want to make one point : i did enjoy both Reloaded and Revloutions. OK.

Before i went to the cinema today to see Revs i watched both the original Matrix and Reloaded on DVD.

The thing that struck me was the first movie is a stand out, even more so now that i've seen Revs. It is just a fabulous movie - simple as that. It could quite easily exist without the sequels. In fact the ending to the Matrix, Neo's phone call, is for me a superior ending to the Revs one and is just as open ended. I guess what i'm asking is could the story have ended there? Did we really need Reloaded and Revolutions?

Tbh nothing has really surprised me in either of the sequels, but when i look back to the Matrix, especially my first viewing, it was like WTF!!! What am i watching?? Who can forget the initial Trinity chase, the moment when she was suspended in air and ran around the wall? The moment when Neo awakes into the real world. That really was a shock to me (i had read no spoilers at all.) Bullet time. Neo seeing the Matrix code when fighting Smith near the end.

I can't help thinking in 10-20 years the Matrix will be remembered as an all-time great sci-fi movie with the sequels its poor cousins.

Just my imo so no need to get heavy. Opinions??

Last edited by dundarz on Nov 6th, 2003 at 12:54 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 12:42 AM
dundarz is currently offline Click here to Send dundarz a Private Message Find more posts by dundarz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

by the title, not suprising no one has replied to this yet laughing

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:16 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

I agree with you, M1 was classic, 2&3 were just special effects displays. 2&3 just didnt grab your mind like m1

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:19 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dundarz
Buy! Buy! Buy!

burlyman - Aye, but i'm not saying that the 2 sequels were bad movies (on the contrary i think Reloaded is very good.) Just that the original Matrix was something special and i really do think it could have stood the test of time as a stand-alone movie. At the end when Neo makes the phone call we see/hear everything we need to and i think it would have been a great (and brave) way to end it.

"You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was. How important. This is it for you. This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert. People like you make me sick. Whats wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your 50p's. Ok. Take your pocket money and get out! ..... What a prick."

Last edited by dundarz on Nov 6th, 2003 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:24 AM
dundarz is currently offline Click here to Send dundarz a Private Message Find more posts by dundarz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Yes, yes, yes!...M1 was classic...but as everything else in life, things need to come full circle! The Bros. wanted us to get the whole picture, and that did not imply just Neo becoming cool and obtaining all these powers..."Everything that has a beginning has an end"! Just one of the wonderful phrases that we must take into account!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:58 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

But I haven't seen M3 so, I agree with dundarz! stick out tongue
(until friday) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:00 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

i think the matrix stands as more of a prequel to the reloaded n revs chapters, because it sets up everything that takes place.
M1 cant stand alone becuase too much is left out.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:06 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Yep, I agree! wink

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:09 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

i agree the matrix 1 was great and they could have made it the only movie, but 2 and 3 were great too. plus its all about the $, so 2 and 3 is just more money for them.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:12 AM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
raynor
It is of no importance!

If they hadn't put sequels the w. bros. would be bombarded with WTF!WTF!WTF! Gimme sequels!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 02:18 AM
raynor is currently offline Click here to Send raynor a Private Message Find more posts by raynor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote