KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » My opinoin of Matrix REV. and what 'being free' REALLY means...

My opinoin of Matrix REV. and what 'being free' REALLY means...
Started by: DualBerettas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DualBerettas

My opinoin of Matrix REV. and what 'being free' REALLY means...

Hi all, new to the board.

Didn't like this one as much as the first 2. Seems to me if the Matrix is still there, the bad guys won. There are enough problems in the world as we live in an anticivilization and would love to see a happy ending.

Battle at Zion, a mix between independence day and star wars

If Neo had all these powers, like dodging, stopping bullets, stopping centinenls in the real world, why not save trinity or stop Bane from blinding him....WTF???

The ending was like all revolutions....first the matrix is sunny/ government is good....then slowly, like boiling a frog, laws are put into place, regulations, taxes, and eventually people are killed until the humans have no choice to fight the machines/ or revolt against oppressive govt.

Neo seemed weak, wasn't in the movie that much, couldn't even stop Bane from blinding him, fought and then died (?)

Seemed like M3 was about choice and freedom then they go to this whole thing about balance...wtf?

The whole 'unplug' thing to me is about unplugging from this anticivilization. Learn how your freedoms are taken away more and more, how you don't have true freedom, and that your freedom of choice is growing smaller. You are NOT FREE no matter what the politicians say, saying we're free and then looking at old glory blowing in the wind does NOT make us free.

To me the philosphy of Matrix is a libertarian message, at least in the earlier part of the trilogy. Check out the Libertarian Party as a place to start. Learn why we aren't free and how the media controls how we think and act.

The Matrix, is like govt. i.e. from Morpheus, 'people are so...hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it' right when they cut to a police officer, the idea representing govt. and those laws imposed by no more than 1000 people on the rest of us (millions of people). Not to mention their hypocrisy and the attitude of us (elite) and them (serfs).

'Most of these people are not ready to be unplugged yet.' Not trying to start a flame here, but this applies to MANY Matrix and even Star Wars viewers. These films are about real freedom and choice and going against an oppressive regime, man/machine or combo thereof. Yet back in real life you applaud or put up with or don't care about the drug busts, the gun control laws, the ever increasing taxes, govt. control of the economy, govt. control of new inventions such as grease-run automobiles, asset forfeiture, govt. control of schools, the so-called Patriot Act, unreasonable searches and seizures, etc. etc. ETC. the govt. that wants to control almost virtually every important aspect of your life.

I suggest those knowing there's someting 'wrong with the world' or want to learn more about REAL freedom go to the Libertarian website

To truly understand freedom and the REAL possibilities that would and will exist within those non-constricting bounds check out Neo-Tech. Real freedom comes from the realization that YOU are in control of YOUR life/destiny. NOT the politicians, NOT your parents, NOT your peers, NOT the biased media, NOT the gov. schools, NOT the liberals, NOT the conservatives, NOT any kind of 'majority', and NOT religion.

NEO-TECH is simply AMAZING! It will show you through integrated honesty HOW being truly free will make all of society better just by realizing and dropping mysticism, irrationality, and external authority.

It IS very Liberating and the possibilities for our Earth and beyond are ENDLESS!!!

Looking forward to hearing replies to this post as well as learning more about the Matrix movies. From what I've read here so far, this is my place to express myself and learn more about it.

Thank you.
DB

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 07:12 AM
DualBerettas is currently offline Click here to Send DualBerettas a Private Message Find more posts by DualBerettas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

Election day has passed stick out tongue

Everyones entitled to their own opinion but if you remove government and laws there will be CHAOS. If you dont like how the country is run, youre always free to go elsewhere. Wouldnt it have been nice if we performed a questionable seach of Mohamed Attahs place of residence previous to Spt 11th and made some arrests? You oppose gun control? We'll see how you feel if a relative of yours ever gets murdered one day. I wont even try to relate this to the Matrix.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 07:26 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DualBerettas

since gun control doesn't affect gov. le, and military as they are exempt and criminals by defintion break the law (if murder and rape laws aren't followed by them, what makes you think they care about some stupid gun control law? so whose left, JUST the law abiding citizens.

DB

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:20 PM
DualBerettas is currently offline Click here to Send DualBerettas a Private Message Find more posts by DualBerettas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

three words

bowling for columbine.

Say what you want about it, Michael Moore brings up a good point.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:21 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

ok dude, i don't agree with everything you wrote about M3, i didn't like the movie that much, but you are just being totally unfair, it's like you don't know anything about the matrix since M1...
the battle was great, original, i love SW but io don't see any resemble. Neo doesn't have all the One's power in the real world, he just have a connection with the machines, that's all.
about the superbrawl, that was a total dragon ball rip off, but it was ok.

about the thing you wrote after that, i respect it, but no what you said about the movie

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:28 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DualBerettas

why do you people believe in gun control, cause that's all you know? why do all the extremely anti gun cities like D.C. Chicago, NYC, Detriot, LA, etc. have the most gun control AND the most violent crime.

Do you believe in self defense? do you believe you have a moral right to exist and can use whatever means necessary to defend that life?

You're looking at this from the Matrix, the world/media/schooling pulled over you're eyes to blind you from the truth.

What does Bowling for Columbine have to do with anything? what point are you talking about?

And, if someone is going to kill you, how are you going to defend yourself, especially today where criminals are starting to attack in numbers?

criminals will ALWAYS have guns and weapons and will commit henious crimes, that's what they do...to deny me that same right to defend myself, just how do i do that? call 911, yeah right they'd show up in time to swat the first fly and have the coroner put a toe tag on me? self defense of your RIGHT TO EXIST is the most basic fundamental right I can think of, how can anyone be against that????

DB

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:52 PM
DualBerettas

i neo can kick as in M1 once he sees himself as the one...why not do that in M3, jump into their bodies and make them pop. or simply go into the matrix and blow up the mainframe, mess up the coding, etc.?

DB

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:53 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by DualBerettas
What does Bowling for Columbine have to do with anything? what point are you talking about?...

It's quite simple America has a death by gun figure some where in the tens of thousands. Most other G4 (is that the right term) or "westernized" countries have low three or two digit numbers. Now why is that?
quote:
And, if someone is going to kill you, how are you going to defend yourself, especially today where criminals are starting to attack in numbers?

I'm not gonna live my life toting guns living with this constant fear of having some [sarcasm]evil black hearted criminal and his dasturdly gang of thugs[/sarcasm] attack me in the middle of the night and kill my family and myself.

The world is being corrupted and ruled by fear and greed, and not just by some guy with an AK and a Koran in the Rijad planning your emminent demise as we speak. I'm talking about right here in our self-righteous assinine conniving govt.

I plan to contribute as little to this corruption as possible.

Last edited by GABRIEL05 on Nov 6th, 2003 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:59 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DualBerettas

England banned all guns look at their crime rate. same with south africa and austraila, home invasions are the NORM now. How can you say what's on my MIND...it has nothing to do with fear, it's about being prepared...i don't carry a tire iron because i'm worried i'll get a flat, it's there b/c if i need it, it's there, if not even better, same with a gun.

Look at the pro gun side for a year doing some good research, then tell me what you think...

the bottom line is, it's my moral right to exist and my freedom to choose how i want to defend that life. not yours our anyone else's.

In one sentence you say our gun deaths are so much higher than other nations, yet then you say you're not worried about someone coming in and killing you and your family. sounds hypocritical to me. IF there ARE high gun deaths...all the more reason to own guns for defense. If there's not as you sarcastically said, the chance of someone coming in and killing your or my family...then fine guns aren't any kind of problem and be just fine with using them for target shooting. You sound like someone who is young and or lived somewhere where violence does occur regularly in your little nucleus of the world. so which is it? and why?
DB

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:14 PM
DualBerettas

have you ever had your life threatened? how did it feel when the police didn't arrive when you snapped your fingers...?

DB

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:16 PM
Sifer

Let's be honest, if humans weren't so ****ing greedy and arrogant then guns wouldn't exist.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:26 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
England banned all guns look at their crime rate. same with south africa and austraila, home invasions are the NORM now. How can you say what's on my MIND...it has nothing to do with fear, it's about being prepared...i don't carry a tire iron because i'm worried i'll get a flat, it's there b/c if i need it, it's there, if not even better, same with a gun.

Look at the pro gun side for a year doing some good research, then tell me what you think...

the bottom line is, it's my moral right to exist and my freedom to choose how i want to defend that life. not yours our anyone else's.

In one sentence you say our gun deaths are so much higher than other nations, yet then you say you're not worried about someone coming in and killing you and your family. sounds hypocritical to me. IF there ARE high gun deaths...all the more reason to own guns for defense. If there's not as you sarcastically said, the chance of someone coming in and killing your or my family...then fine guns aren't any kind of problem and be just fine with using them for target shooting. You sound like someone who is young and or lived somewhere where violence does occur regularly in your little nucleus of the world. so which is it? and why?
DB

Hold on son I said DEATH BY GUNS! Not crime rate. Crime is a result of poverty and bad home training. Also I never said it didn't worry me that someone would kill me and my fams, I said I won't live in fear of it. I refuse to. It's a difficult choice to make and understand but I believe that it's the right choice to make. **** what everyone else says. As for guns, I believe that buying guns gives into this campaign of control by fear and greed being waged upon the American people by our media. Albeit it goes on in the rest of the world all the time, I am talking specifically about here.
My original point is why does USA where we brag about righteousness freedom and independent thought have so many gun deaths. Is it the

Last edited by GABRIEL05 on Nov 6th, 2003 at 11:28 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:26 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

violent video games we play from Japan? Our violent history which can't even hold candle to that of Spain, or England. What is it?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:28 PM
DualBerettas

some people are just not raised in a way that promotes free thought yet still a minimal amount of morals like the fact that forced backed actions which are initiatory are wrong.

Sifer, no that's not true...they would be made for hunting and target shooting, not to mention self defense.

No one has answered my questions above, why is it ok for gov. and law enforcement to have such implements of defense when the citizens must face criminals alone?

violence is everywhere, and unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is NEVER overcome by fleeing from it!

DB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:09 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
England banned all guns look at their crime rate.

Ok, let me see... aside from you meaning all handguns in private environments, not broadly all guns...

Yup, our gun death rate is some 300 times less than that in the US. Our gun crime rate is even smaller in comparison.

Satisifed?

That obvious point made, this is NOT the place for such discussions so unless this thread has any TRULY relevant points about the Matrix to be made, it will be closed

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 7th, 2003 at 02:16 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:12 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

DualBerettas> Why don’t you ask the question: Why is the crime rate SO high, and getting higher? Isn’t that the real question?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:20 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yeah Dude
The Dude

hey now,lets not go into world war 3 here!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 05:27 AM
Yeah Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Yeah Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Yeah Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

No screw that lets do. I'm tired of "offensive" or "un PC" threads being deleted cause some punk mark trick ain't got his head screwed on right ( not you dualbees, I'm talking about peeps in general) and takes everything people post on the message board way to seriously and personally.

*ahem*

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 09:33 AM
DualBerettas

If guns are such a problem as you all say, you should know that criminals can and will kill you, gun or no gun, how bout a baseball bat or tire iron, why can't i have the means to defend myself. What chance does an unarmed woman have against of gangrapists the size of line backers, she doesn't neither does the elderly against young, etc. The gun is the equalizer.

DB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 07:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Firdt of all, as all statistics show, the gun is not the equaliser, it is the tool via which FAR more murders are committed than by any other weapon because it is so much easier to kill with, and that this is directly related to their general availability and the culuture behind them. Despite the considerable number of knives and bats etc. owned by the very violent and organised gangs in the UK, our murder rate is miniscule compared to the US- because they don't have the guns to be killing that many, nor do the public have the guns to be killing each other- and far more membes of the public with guns kill each other during arguments than protect their own.

Secondly, I have already said, this is NOT the place to advance your political views, so please stop, now.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 08:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote