KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » For those who did not like revo

For those who did not like revo
Started by: -=Urot=-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Miffed Why Oh Why Didn't They Get It??

Let me tell you guys what just happned to me on AOL.

I was in a Matrix chat room where most of the people in there were saying the M3 sucked Major Balls.

When I asked them why it sucked they didn't have a real good responce to my question.

As some of them gave their reasons for why it sucked, I was giving the correct anwsers to their points.

I was LMAO cuz they were giving points about M3 that was anwsered in M2, or even M1.

Once they saw that I would not give them an inch, they began to say I sucked! laughing out loud LOL!! Also when I told them to come here for a real discussion about the trilogy they said that this Forum was not imformative! O_o

NOT INFORMATIVE??

All we have done for months was tear apart the 1st & 2nd movies. IMO I feel that the members of this forum know more about the movies than the average matrix fan.

I tell ya, Its really sad that so many people saw the Trilogy and still didn't get it.

Sheesh it seems like most of the dopes were just looking for Big explosions and huge fight scenes. Man the total concept of the trilogy went right over their tiny heads. no

I guess I shouldn't expect alot from a bunch of people that enjoyed taking the blue pill?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Last edited by -=Urot=- on Nov 6th, 2003 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 04:40 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

Re: Why Oh Why Didn't They Get It??

quote:
Originally posted by -=Urot=-
Let me tell you guys what just happned to me on AOL.

I was in a Matrix chat room where most of the people in there were saying the M3 sucked Major Balls.

When I asked them why it sucked they didn't have a real good responce to my question.

As some of them gave their reasons for why it sucked, I was giving the correct anwsers to their points.

I was LMAO cuz they were giving points about M3 that was anwsered in M2, or even M1.

Once they saw that I would not give them an inch, they began to say I sucked! laughing out loud LOL!! Also when I told them to come here for a real discussion about the trilogy they said that this Forum was not imformative! O_o

NOT INFORMATIVE??

All we have done for months was tear apart the 1st & 2nd movies. IMO I feel that the members of this forum know more about the movies than the average matrix fan.

I tell ya, Its really sad that so many people saw the Trilogy and still didn't get it.

Sheesh it seems like most of the dopes were just looking for Big explosions and huge fight scenes. Man the total concept of the trilogy went right over their tiny heads. no

I guess I shouldn't expect alot from a bunch of people that enjoyed taking the blue pill?

Do you even listen to yourself?
They say they didn't like the movie. And you give them shit?
You are a smack head.

Just because you liked it doesn't mean other will or do. Many "get it" but don't like it. The reviews are HORRIBLE for the movie, and most of the movie reviewers understand the movie. It is just their opinion that it is bad. Of those that like the movie, very, very few think it is great. Almost all say it is a big let down from the prior movies.

Get off your high horse and put its dick up your ass, Mother Superior.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 04:51 AM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

his point was they didnt understand it.. thats the reason a lot of people dont like it, because they simply didnt comprehend it all the way..

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 04:57 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Tshirt for one I was not giving them shit. And two you had to be there.

I'm not on a high horse. I was just stating that they hated the movie for all the wrong reasons.

Their opinion is just that an opinion. But facts are facts.

They were abusing other members who really wanted to have a good discustion about the latest movie. They wouldnt let they get a good word in edge wise.

So I asked them why it sucked.

So as they started to give there anwsers about the movie I hit them with some of the facts that went on in M1 and M2, because they were way off base.

Tshirt I just love how you came in here and accused me of being on a high horse, when you didnt even know the true details about the chat room conversation ( My last post was just an over vire of the whole conversation).

I don't go around blowing peoples doors off just because they have an opinion that may be different than my own. I do however try to put a stop to mean spirited people from harrassing other on line. And what better way of doing that is with alittle dose of truth.

IMO Tishirt you were off base in your last post.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by -=Urot=- on Nov 6th, 2003 at 05:06 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:03 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Urot

I don't get how someone cannot get it (although I don't know many who spend their time picking apart details like those of us in this forum -- Jesus I'm glad I found this place!! LoL big grin )

I can only assum that most people do what this guy who was interviewed by the local papers said:
quote:
"Yeah, I suppose I'll go, but you know I'm really more looking forward to 'The Loard of the Rings: Return of the King'" -- says Chris Jones of Wood River. "The 'Matrix' movies are basically action films with a sci-fi twist. I turn my brain off and put it in the seat next to me.'"

Just an action film with a SCI-FI twist?!?

WTF is he smoking??!! But then, most people I have ever talked to have this point of view!! I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was a conclusion, and a good on at that! But some prick put me in a bad mood after it was over 'cause he started in about how horrible it was. Like you, I asked him why it was so bad, and the best answer he could give me was "It just was! There was no story line and it ran to fast!" When I pointed out that the storyline was built directly into the first two movies (whereas most trilogies seem to be stand-alone movies with the same characters and 75% of the same plot and script) he just blew me off.

I have come to accept the fact that it will only get bad reviews from people who are not devoted to the methods, details, and metaphorical references built into the movies, and, that since this movie was designed to be the final chapter, it's not going to help. Most people are used to a movie having a definate beginning and a definate end, these three do not, and, even as the set goes, Matrix was the character building, plot layout, and design basis. Reloaded was the body of the work, the suspense building, and the insight. While Revolations was the climax and the conclusion. If you're only going to watch one, watch the first one...otherwise you need to see all three.

Poor Korri....I don't know whether to be happy for her or sad for her... sad She got her wish - Trin is dead....but she lost her lover.... *sigh* stick out tongue

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:12 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vizman

Okay UROT. I'll bite. Answer a few questions for me. And please keep them as simple as you can. You sound VERY intelligent, so try to make it understandable for us tiny heads.

1) From what source does NEO have his tremendous powers in the real world? Decipher the Oracle's ramblings, if you will.

2) If the Architect does not lie (like humans) - why did he give the impression that the ORACLE was not the mother of the matrix. And don't give me this 'she was beneath him' bull. He's 100% logic, supposedly without emotion. Any emotion betrays his true logical nature. I'm sure you have a reasonable explanation

3) Do you honestly think the final fight scene was better than the burly brawl - or some of the chase scenes in the original? Lots of flying into each other and fist fights in mid air. How 'bout seeing it from THEIR perspective. Now that would've rocked.

4) So Persephone was just for sex appeal. Another dumbed-down character. But this trilogy ended-up being full of shallowness. Maybe the online game will make up for things. Too bad the movie didn't

good luck

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:14 AM
vizman is currently offline Click here to Send vizman a Private Message Find more posts by vizman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Metamorphisis I agree with you post 100% .

The WB's left the storyline open ended because the story will pick back up next sunner in the online game.

I think Korri is going to have a cow when she finds out that neo is dead, Well his body anyway. His essence is still in the matrix. As the oracle stated they will see him again one day. wink

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:20 AM
nickysan

REVOLUTIONS WAS THE WORST MOVIE EVER! it left so many unanswered questions and had a sad exuse for an ending! im sorry but i wanted to see neo "rewrite the matrix as he saw fit" to quote morph, not go out all jesus like and wither away like a little pussy. sorry i just wanted it to be the best movie ever and it wasn't so now im more mad than the devil on a bad day! mad mad mad mad mad

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:23 AM
nickysan is currently offline Click here to Send nickysan a Private Message Find more posts by nickysan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

quote:
Originally posted by vizman
Okay UROT. I'll bite. Answer a few questions for me. And please keep them as simple as you can. You sound VERY intelligent, so try to make it understandable for us tiny heads.

1) From what source does NEO have his tremendous powers in the real world? Decipher the Oracle's ramblings, if you will.

Neo didn't get his power from any source in the real world. He got his power from the matrix. For an overview of how this works please view my theory (as I think it's the most plausable and self standing explination for how Neo can see after he was blinded, stop the sentinals at the end of M2, and do the things he can do in M3). Just PM me if you have any questions about it. You can find it here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;threadid=17453

quote:
2) If the Architect does not lie (like humans) - why did he give the impression that the ORACLE was not the mother of the matrix. And don't give me this 'she was beneath him' bull. He's 100% logic, supposedly without emotion. Any emotion betrays his true logical nature. I'm sure you have a reasonable explanation

He didn't give the impression that the Oracle wasn't the Mother. That was your interpretation of his sarcasm. Think about it a minute though. The Oracle is a program that, much like the Architect, can read the code of all those inside. So, in effect, she can read Neo's thoughts and reactions and inturpret them at a rate much faster than most of us could imagin. She just appears to predict the future, but everything is always only discussed in methods of probability, with sugguestions of what choice to make.

quote:
3) Do you honestly think the final fight scene was better than the burly brawl - or some of the chase scenes in the original? Lots of flying into each other and fist fights in mid air. How 'bout seeing it from THEIR perspective. Now that would've rocked.

That is pure opinion. I think the fight scene you are refering to is only a metaphore for how powerful Smith had actually become just to try to balance out the anomaly, and, it is VERY remenicent of the first movie's fight scene with Smith in the train station.

quote:
4) So Persephone was just for sex appeal. Another dumbed-down character. But this trilogy ended-up being full of shallowness. Maybe the online game will make up for things. Too bad the movie didn't

Again, this is pure opinion. Not a factual statement. Indeed there is a lot more to the Mero and Persophone than what we see in these movies, and it was disappointing that there wasn't more about them. However, to include them in the movie much longer would have led to needing more movies than just the three. And that's just a start. We know nothing of their past or their future, only of their roll in the events that played out with Neo and the crew. That does not make them "dumbed-down" by any means, but it does leave room for gathering this information elsewhere, perhaps there will be a movie or two involving the Merovingian as the main character? Now THAT I think would be interesting!!

good luck
[/QUOTE]

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 05:59 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Ok here I go vizman. smile

quote:

She stated that the power of the one transends both worlds. The code he carried gave him the abilty to connect with the machines in and out of the matrix. that is why he stated he could feel them, and also why he could see Smith under banes flesh. Since the human body in m,ade up of eletrical signles it would be very ez to beome a self contained system, like neo was. The oracle knew that she that is why she was giving him food to eat. that food was a level of control. If you noticed the oracle stated that the arc's job was to make balance, her job was to make things unblanced. She is the ying to the arc's yang. the sameting was said of neo and Smith.

quote:

I just gave you part of the anwser in the last question. The two prgrams(The Arc and Oracle) are equales( There are world religions that state Jesus and statan are equles. Brothers infact.). In away the dynamic of satan and jeus could be used.

Lest just say God is the Machine leader. He controles the real worls and the Matrix. The Architech would be considered Jesus. He has control of the martix , but is not the only program in athority. This is where the Oracle comes in. She is just as Powerful as the Arc, with one exception. She will bend the rules when need be. The Arc always follows the rules.

So if you looked at it this way The Arc would be Jesus and The oracle would be Satan. Both bound by rules, but given the power to control the day to day function of the matrix. Now i know your say WTF? But think about it. The Arc is still a part of the system I.e doing the Machines leaders will (a.k.a God for this example), while The oracle Is not. She is an exiles program witch means she's not a part of the system, Kinda like Satan. If you remember satam is an exile too.

Now I said all of that to get to this point. The Arc is bound by rules as i stated before. His rules are abit different from the oracles. He must obide by the argreement that was made between the Machine leader and Neo. The humans would go free and the war would be over if he won the fight with Smith i.e taking care of The machine leader's problem.

Unlike humans The Arc cant lie and go back on a promise. That why She (the Opracle) asked him is the agreement still on, to unplug the humand that wanted to live in the real world. He stated yes, because he knew the oracle didnt trust him.

I find it kinda funny that the WB"s painted The oracle as controling in this film. She contoled Smith, Neo and Seraph in this film. She controled Neo and seraph with the cookies and candy, And Smith with her ablitiy to see his future. Neo knew the food was a level of control, thats why he didnt take it from here, cuz he didnt trust her anymore. So what did she do? She gave the cookies to seprah (IMO to keep him on her side). Remember Mero called him Judas, reveiling that he was once on his side.

I really hope they give more details about that in online game.

quote:

IMO no the final fight scenes were not better that the Bury brawl, or some of the chase scenes. But hey thats only my opinion.

quote:

No she was not there just for sex appeal. IMO Her character was there as a form of deception to keep the audiance guessing about the Arc's statements. If you remember from M2 she stated that the Mero was not always like he is today. IMo again i think they both were good progrand that did there jobs well, but when faced with the chioce of deletion or exile, they choose exile.

Over all the course of time they both became bitter and corrupt. The Mero began to cheat on her with other female programs, so she started to used her gifts in a negative way. In essence, she beacme an emotional vanpire inorder to fill the void in here life. Again this is just my opintion about Persephone. I guess they will give more details about her and the Mero in the New game thats coming out soon.

Last edited by -=Urot=- on Nov 6th, 2003 at 06:11 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:01 AM
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

quote:
Originally posted by nickysan
REVOLUTIONS WAS THE WORST MOVIE EVER! it left so many unanswered questions and had a sad exuse for an ending! im sorry but i wanted to see neo "rewrite the matrix as he saw fit" to quote morph, not go out all jesus like and wither away like a little pussy. sorry i just wanted it to be the best movie ever and it wasn't so now im more mad than the devil on a bad day! mad mad mad mad mad

How was it a sad exuse for an ending exactly? The movie was written as a complete conclusion, not a fantasy world ending where people live happily ever after. The movie never gave the assumptions for a happily ever after.

Neo could "rewrite the matrix as he saw fit" -- just not as what you expected. That's because Morpheus's story about the prophecy was a century old legend, after that much time facts get warped. Neo's character understood that self-sacrifice was the only way to save things. Sometimes there is more to life than blow it up and party. I think the ending put the movie into a very real context.

Neo's "Jesus" connection has been very relevant since the first movie anyways! I could use just his name to come up with a strong analogy, but it's been discussed hundreds of times before, do a search. If you still can't find it, I suppose I'll have to find it for you, just PM me if you need it handed over.

I fear that if you didn't like this movie, you never really understood what the trilogy was about to begin with. sad

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:06 AM
ITALIAN926

They left it open for an online game? What kind of bullshit is this? What percentage of people play video games? I bet if you did your research youll find that 80% are teenagers. So these days, playing a video game is a prerequite in order to understand and to recieve an ending? Not to mention the Animatrix. Next time the Wachowski's do a movie, it should limited to people 21 and under.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:08 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Italian

They concluded it well enough that the three movies can stand in their own right. I'm sorry but you've been a downer about ALL THREE movies as long as I've known you! If you're so pessimistic about it, why choose to see it? If all you are going to do is ***** and complain, why have anything to do with it? It is your choice to play the game or not, you just must infer your own ending to it if you are still lost after these three movies. No offense, it just bothers me when people go out of their way to ***** when there is no point to it and it just pisses people off who DID enjoy it!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:13 AM
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by ITALIAN926
They left it open for an online game? What kind of bullshit is this? What percentage of people play video games? I bet if you did your research youll find that 80% are teenagers.

Thats really untrue. If you look at the atari, colocovision and Nes generations. There are more adults playing Games these days. I'm 32 and I have a sh*t load of online games. Not to mention a boat load of consoles too.

I really have to disagree with you on that one dude. sad

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:15 AM
ITALIAN926

Im simply stating how I feel , Im entitled to my opinions. Why should this be a forum soley for the Matrix fanatic to PRAISE the hell outve a junk movie?

And I havnt been a downer, the whole time. I loved M1, my favorite movie all time. Im a mildly smart guy, I asked a lot of questions about M2 and you people helped out a lot. I dont believe movies should be that confusing, they went overboard. I gave M2 a "chance" hoping M3 would knock my socks off... so now, the results are in and aside from M1, everything else SUCKED.

A note to Mr and Ms Wachowski : .... KEEP THE FRIGGEN MOVIE IN THE MOVIE THEATRE next time.

Last edited by ITALIAN926 on Nov 6th, 2003 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:20 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

quote:
Thats really untrue. If you look at the atari, colocovision and Nes generations. There are more adults playing Games these days. I'm 32 and I have a sh*t load of online games. Not to mention a boat load of consoles too.

I really have to disagree with you on that one dude.

Just because you play video games, doesnt mean the number isnt less than 80%. You do know theres millions upon millions of kids playing video games out there right>?? Lets see some statistics, the overwhelming majority are kids, guaranteed.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:22 AM
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by ITALIAN926
Just because you play video games, doesnt mean the number isnt less than 80%. You do know theres millions upon millions of kids playing video games out there right>?? Lets see some statistics, the overwhelming majority are kids, guaranteed.

Dude what the hell are you talking about? I play half-life's Team fortress classic and counter strike. Most of the members i know online are in their 30s and 40s, some even in their 50s.

Just because the polls shows a large percent are kids, dosent mean the adult numbers are not as high. Most adults dont really participate in the polls, but they do buy the games. wink

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:32 AM
dragoon

Question fro WIZARD

Hey, Wiz, I'm still not clear on one thing - the architect said that zion was detroyed 5 times before, does he mean in actuality destroyed and repopulated or in terms of a simulation mean to loop the anomaly so he could minimize it.

And just WHAT does Smith mean when he calls the Oracle 'mom' na dhow was it explained that her appreance changed?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:39 AM
dragoon is currently offline Click here to Send dragoon a Private Message Find more posts by dragoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Italian

We're not here to praise so much as we are to inturpret. The Wakowski's didn't make this movie to be just another movie. It was supposed to be an artful insight into the philosophies of our time and a very look at the nature of reality itself. I am glad that we helped you with an understanding of M2, however, Revo was written strictly as a conclusion, there was nothing for it to stand by itself with, which is why they released them both so close together.

Personally I think that the literary, philosophical, and metaphorical references made throughout the trilogy to make it one of the greatest movies of our time, and, I am not suprised at those who are "disappointed" in it because history has shown us that many of the movies that we consider to be some of the greatest classics were let-downs in their own right to the public. It was only after time and inturpretation that people began to understand of these movies. Thus, it seems to me, that the greatest movies are those that make you think, which this trilogy definately does!

Here are statistics on video gamers:
quote:
"Challenging the stereotype that video gaming is the domain of teenage boys, an industry group on Tuesday reported that more women over 18 than young boys are playing games and the average age of players has risen to 29"
--Found here: http://www.virtualfools.com/filler/...sinthenews.html

"In 2000, the U.S. Census Bureau counted 281.4 million people in the United States. Of this number:

• 72.3 million, or 26 percent of the U.S. population, were under age 18;
174.1 million, or 62 percent, were age 18 to 64; and
• 35.0 million, or 12 percent, were age 65 and over."
---Found here: http://www.census.gov/prod/2001pubs/c2kbr01-12.pdf

I can site more references, but do I really need to? smile You're mistaken, we are in the age group the Matrix was directed at. We are the video game generation.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:41 AM
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Re: Question fro WIZARD

quote:
Originally posted by dragoon
Hey, Wiz, I'm still not clear on one thing - the architect said that zion was detroyed 5 times before, does he mean in actuality destroyed and repopulated or in terms of a simulation mean to loop the anomaly so he could minimize it.

And just WHAT does Smith mean when he calls the Oracle 'mom' na dhow was it explained that her appreance changed?

The Architect ment that Zion was destroyed, physically, 5 times prior to Neo, and then repopulated by 23 individuals to rebuild it and maintain a level of control over the system. Probability and statistics shows that the anomaly WOULD occure again, and so the machine world needed Zion to be able to remove the anomaly from the system. It was just a delicate balance.

When Smith calls the Oracle "Mom" he is refering to her as the mother of the matrix. That has nothing to do with why her appearance changed. Her appearance is changed because she helped Neo, and because she helped Neo, her shell program was terminated (I believe by the Merovingian in ETM, but I've not had a chance to play it yet) so she had to find a new shell to operate from.

Any other ??'s smile

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 06:48 AM