KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Lemme explain somink 2 u n00bs!

Lemme explain somink 2 u n00bs!
Started by: Kosta

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Angry Lemme explain somink 2 u n00bs!

If u KNow Japanimation, and the Matrix. Youll know that the Wachowski bros got their inspiration from Anime. And if u know Anime, youll know that NO FU**ING anime film is COMPLETELY explained in the end. And is almost always finished with an open end. and this doesnt mean there will be a sequel. And if the Matrix is closely related to anime, it will have the same basic traditions and foundations in the storyline. and no body cares if u narrow minded f00ls think that it was crap. The Matrix is a work of Genius, and I'm sure most anime lovers will agree,. Anime always leaves u thinking, and so did the matrix. There is no fully explained endings in good anime, thats what anime is about most of the time. ABSTRACT, is what anime is, and if u apreciate it, then good, if u dont, then u dont, its a thing for fans.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 12:10 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

Amen.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 12:13 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
droopy1592
I got a lemon on my head!

oooooooooooooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyy.

My cohorts are anime fans. I've spent many nights watching it with them and there is nothing I've seen as intricate as the matrix series... I beg to differ. Some does leave you like "WTF" in the end but not like this.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 12:14 PM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dundarz
Buy! Buy! Buy!

I agree that there won't be a movie sequel. Of course there will be a Matrix Online game, so in a way the story will go on.

I also agree with the Anime comment. As a Anime collector for the past 10-15 years or so i know what you saying. Thats not to say everything is perfect and rosey, after all there is s*** anime as well as good anime. I take your point though.

I'll end with a couple of Anime recommendations that Matrix fans will surely enjoy. Firstly the obvious one, Ghost In The Shell, and also the not quite as well known Serial Experiments Lain. Both are extremely well done and are worth buying.

"You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was. How important. This is it for you. This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert. People like you make me sick. Whats wrong with you? Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your 50p's. Ok. Take your pocket money and get out! ..... What a prick."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 12:21 PM
dundarz is currently offline Click here to Send dundarz a Private Message Find more posts by dundarz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Yeah dude, Ghost in the shell rocks! Akira is pretty damn cool too, and I think its quite closely related to the matrix, more then some ppl realise.

The big problem about American movies is that
1. Its either a bloodbath, and everyone dies, strangely the black guys seem to get out alive A LOT less then the white guys, whict i think is kind of ridiculous, (Dont go pointing out films where the black guy lives, cuz I'll stick ur nose in at least a 1000 wherer he doesnt wink)
2. Its an action, wherer NOONE but the bad guys gets killed, they may be injured, but too many hppy endings,
Now what the W bros have done, is defyed conventiond, stretched the rules, and I think they did a bloody brilliant job.

Now Therer are some EXCELLENT us films, I'm not saying that All US films are like that.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:11 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Celsius speaks the truth. Hers a good example of what hes talking about.

The Movie Akira. IMO of the best Anime films around.

That movie didnt anwser all the questions and it was kinda open ended.

But all and all it rocked!!!

I find that most pepole was a happy ending, but that is not always the case with anime and anime stlye films. wink

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:18 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Damn straigh. And thats what maes them different and fun to watch. More real life, if u will. Like Die Hard, excellent funt to watch film. BUT. no WAY is a guy gonna live throught that! Anime, even though most is fantasy, or sci-fi, is more honest in its characters.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:23 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Celcius> While I agree with what you write, you may consider a slightly less harsh tone, to avoid a lot of yelling and screaming around here smile

While I know it’s frustrating to have people say, “I hate it, nothing was explained”, some people MAY truly hate Revolutions because of the VERY soul-chilling Animesque ending (Ghost in a Shell springs to mind immediately).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:25 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Hey, I wanst yelling. You can HEAR me? blink

And I was justa making a point about the fact that some ppl go to see the film simply for the action. WHile this is ok, they then start abusing it, why not try opening their minds (No pun) to some truely far out ideas, and consider......ahhh! I give up. theres no way of prperly making my point. U win this one Omega.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:32 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Celcius> I know what you mean, but some newcomers do understand and enjoy the film, and get VERY annoyed of being type-cast.
It’s not about winning “this One”. It’s just that the language has already deteriorated in some threads, and WHO gets the complaints in e-mails???

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:38 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Oh dont be sutcha a nun! stick out tongue
One bad word stick out tongue.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:41 PM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

And reguarding the other thread. The guy got whet he/she deserved, Tshirt used bad language, I gave him some back, And I'm not going to be all democratical and politically correct, and ingore him, cuz u give bad and u recieve bad. Sick of member bashing. So i lost it a little. Forgive me.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:47 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Actually, there is a "why didn't they get it" thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

So let's keep it in there smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 01:47 PM