KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Wait a minute here...*revos spoilers*

Wait a minute here...*revos spoilers*
Started by: nephalim27

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nephalim27

Wait a minute here...*revos spoilers*

OK, i've been hearing a lot of this "when Smith assimilated Neo the machines unplugged him/corrected the program(Smith), and that's how Smith died." There is a huge plothole in that. Smith had taken over hundreds of humans hardwired to their system, so they could have fixed it in the exact same way using one of them.

Some other (not-so) quick things -
I think the whole explanation of Neo's vision and powers of machines in the real world is quite hollow. He was connected to the source, so he could see and control sentinels? Huh? Since when can machines modify a human mind, incidentally, to give it metaphysical (ESP-like) powers? Since when were human minds capable of such things ("ESP") in the first place?
Why in gods name did the machines keep their word to the now incapacitated/dead/whatever he might be Neo? Why would they reveal the truth of the matrix ("the ones who want to be freed" - Archie) and then actually free them ("they will be freed" - Archie.) Perhaps they found a new power source?

------------------------

I have tons more to say but that's enough for now. Just a non-plot related comment -
Did anyone think the new Oracle was really lacking, and this movie was missing alot without her? Did anyone find it ironic (as sad as it might be) that she died of diabetic complications, and in the movies she's all "I LOVE cookies", "I LOVE candy"?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:09 PM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Re: Wait a minute here...*revos spoilers*

quote:
Originally posted by nephalim27
OK, i've been hearing a lot of this "when Smith assimilated Neo the machines unplugged him/corrected the program(Smith), and that's how Smith died." There is a huge plothole in that. Smith had taken over hundreds of humans hardwired to their system, so they could have fixed it in the exact same way using one of them.

No, when they got rid of Smith AND Neo, the equation was balanced...

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:28 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea just killing smith wouldnt do it.. btw watch the movie closer they didnt unplug neo until after smith was dead

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:30 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

If they didn't unplug Neo until after Smith was dead, then how exactly did Smith, and Neo, die?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:32 PM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

Because Neo had touched the source, Smith touched the source too by taking over Neo, the machines found his source code and delete him. Or something like that smile

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:44 PM
priestjim is currently offline Click here to Send priestjim a Private Message Find more posts by priestjim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Smith was defeated because Neo allowed him to infect him. That created a connection between Neo and the billions of other Smiths. The machines then sent a pulse or antivirus into Neo, thus affecting the Smith that had taken over Neo. Because of the connection to every other Smith, the antivirus spread throughout them, freeing everyone that Smith had taken over.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:48 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Actually, ESP can exist...but anyway!
His powers were not just to stop the sentinels, I think it was more so he could see the machine world!...I mean....he was also capable of seeing thru Bane!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:40 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Re: Wait a minute here...*revos spoilers*

quote:
Originally posted by nephalim27

Some other (not-so) quick things -
I think the whole explanation of Neo's vision and powers of machines in the real world is quite hollow. He was connected to the source, so he could see and control sentinels? Huh? Since when can machines modify a human mind, incidentally, to give it metaphysical (ESP-like) powers? Since when were human minds capable of such things ("ESP") in the first place?

Actually, it is a basic premise of the film that the human mind can me modified- downloaded skills, Smith inhabiting Bane etc.

Likewise Neo- whose consciousness has been altered by the rpocess, even though he is still fundamentally human.

It's not necessarily ESP. He can just access the Matrix without a hardline- not fundamentally different from using a mobile phone rather than a landline.

And when was it done? Whilst plugged into the Matrix! That is where the potential for the code is, that is where he mind was altered.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:47 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote