KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The "fields"? *very minor revos spoilers*

The "fields"? *very minor revos spoilers*
Started by: nephalim27

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nephalim27

The "fields"? *very minor revos spoilers*

They say in revos that no one has come within however-many (1000?) KM of the machine city. They say in Reloaded, I do believe, that they haven't been to the surface in a very long time if at all. Now, how could Morpheus have "seen the fields with his own eyes" where humans are "grown" and hardwired to the matrix if this is true? (Unless, of course, the "fields" are no where near the machine HQ, and possibly underground if what i'm remembering is correct, which doesn't make sense to me.)

Which leads us on to a 2nd point...how in hell do they "unhook" people from the matrix anyway? Why wouldn't the machines just put a stop to this, I don't imagine it would be very difficult.

Sorry if this is obvious stuff that's been discussed before.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:45 PM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

the fields are outside the machines defenses so its possible morpheous has seen it.. they should of just took a few ships the field and emp'd the hell out of it.. yea theyd kill a lot of people but the machines would loose all their batterys

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:46 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

They are above ground, far from the city, and Morph was just on the surface once a long time ago anyway.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 09:47 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

How damn old is Morpheus?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:32 PM
priestjim is currently offline Click here to Send priestjim a Private Message Find more posts by priestjim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furiae

I agree Nephalim27, If I wanted to get picky I would question WHY the machines didn't just cut all the hardlines to prevent the (exiled) humans from jacking in. Then again, you could argue they needed those lines to let the human(batteries) jack in and those are the lines that are being hacked. weak) but ok...
Then again, looking more into it, isn't in necessary for them to let people JACK back in, otherwise they wouldn't have the repeated destruction of Zion (we are getting exceedingly more efficient at it)

Just thoughts

George Carlin

Seán is ainm dom = My name is Seán

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:50 PM
Furiae is currently offline Click here to Send Furiae a Private Message Find more posts by Furiae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DisrupTer911

Well...there is something odd about the age of people in Zion...if i'm correct in assuming, Morpheus has been around since the beginning cuz he says a line in reference to that. He says something like, blah blah and freed the first of us. I'd say he's well over 100 years old...but that doesn't matter once your in the matrix...cuz "You think thats air your breathing?"

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 10:52 PM
DisrupTer911 is currently offline Click here to Send DisrupTer911 a Private Message Find more posts by DisrupTer911 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Where did you get that from? How can Morpheus be over a hundred years old?

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:42 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

I don't know about Morpheus's age....but I'm sure he must have flown over the crops at some point...Most of the pilots knew exactly which were the coordinates of the location of machine city...so they could have very well gone there.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:45 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

there are two different fields....1) where humans are grown 2) where humans' energy is harvested and converted into power for the machines....in Revolutions we see some of teh fields where they are grown near the Machine HQ and in M1 we see more of these fields but nowhere near teh HQ....all the fields are scattered around the world just like a crop..they can free people just like they did Neo from the power fields

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:49 PM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sure the expression "freed the first of us" is not LITERAL. He means the Zionists, not necessarily himself

Fear not, however! For although I may be gone, my memory lives on through my second profile, "Ahnold", the great governor of califohrnia!

In truth, I was not as tough as "Ahnold", and not as cool as "Gus" {profile no. 3}; but dammit, I can at least be proud that I had the weirdest name of all three...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:52 PM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

And besides, even Neo has seen the fields with his own eyes. Remember in Part 1, he looks around at the other eggs with people inside. Morpheus probably did the same.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 6th, 2003 11:52 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

ohhhhh wait a second...i think Morph is very old actually....when morph said it was then that they freed the first of us...thats when teh previous One chose to free the select group to rebuild Zion...thats how they were freed before

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:07 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

He meant the first people of Zion, he didn't mean that he was one of the 23 freed...

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:10 AM
Verity

The point is,Morpheus could have very well seen the pods! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:10 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

he said "The first of us" he may have meant himself....but then again, if he was some of the first, i think he'd be more than a Captain, so nevermind, i was wrong, i stand corrected by my own words smile

-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:11 AM
Verity

I think Noola is right..he probably meant "the first of us" as the first of his generation...not necessarily HIM...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:14 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

To COMPLETELY sort this out...

1. Whilst it is doubtful the surface is safe, people DO go there- to rescue humans, and for other reasons (like the Osiris). It is apparently perfectly possibler to go there and check things out- like the growing fields

2. Morpheus was indeed talking of the One and the first freed humans, not himself.

This point is pretty much answered- does anyone have anything useful to add?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:21 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Morpheus is in his 30's or 40's.

The fields are spanned out a bunch, so not all of them and next to the city.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote