KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » how was smith deleted?

how was smith deleted?
Started by: MR ANDERSON

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MR ANDERSON
The ONE

how was smith deleted?

well this is what i still need explained.how was smith actually deleted from the matrix.l know neo let him copy onto him.but once copied how did neo delete smith.some say neo reborted the system but l doubt coz smith was a virus and you dont delete a virus by reborting.also l believe neo went to the machine source so that he would strick a peace deal not to get the power to destroy smith as some put it.he could have done it in the normal link in one of the ships but then the machines would have destroyed zion coz neo would have not made the peace deal.and by the way, l dont think neo died to balance the equation coz he never died.l saw him being led away by the machine and could see the lights just as neo did.if he had died we wouldnt see the lights in his view.so how really was smith deleted?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:27 AM
MR ANDERSON is currently offline Click here to Send MR ANDERSON a Private Message Find more posts by MR ANDERSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

i think it has something to do with the oracle, after all, she did take over smith for a while, then there's the fact that smith is neo, but the opossite way, so the equation must have balance somehow (rewrite one onto the other)

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:47 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

quote:
Originally posted by The Unknown
Smith was defeated because Neo allowed him to infect him. That created a connection between Neo and the billions of other Smiths. The machines then sent a pulse or antivirus into Neo, thus affecting the Smith that had taken over Neo. Because of the connection to every other Smith, the antivirus spread throughout them, freeing everyone that Smith had taken over.

I like The Unknown's theory.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:53 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MR ANDERSON
The ONE

well if the equation had to be balanced then neo must die too coz if he leaves then the equation is just as unbalanced as when smith had infacted neo.l love the matrix.hahaha

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:59 AM
MR ANDERSON is currently offline Click here to Send MR ANDERSON a Private Message Find more posts by MR ANDERSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

rex> that's a good theory, that's what i'vebeen looking for, but don't forget that the oracle did take over smith for a while

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:05 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That too, but I still haven't seen the film. I'm just spoiled rotten to the point where I could make people think I did. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:07 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

really, then what in the name of god are you doing here?
you got some guts... i never could've done that

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:09 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

the ONE was completed when Neo allowed Smith to take him over. The balance was acheived, however, this made Neo greater than human, he ascended. He had both sides of the equation, both sides of humanity, light and dark, human and machine, Yin and Yang. I feel the sunrise was Neo's glory as much as it was Sati's creation. the Sun looks just like Neo's glowing body.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:12 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markb287

Well the Oracle did say, everything that has a beginning has an end. Smith said that he wanted everything, and I think Neo was the last of everything. That I guess was his end. I hope Neo lives at the end, but I guess I wouldn't be upset if he didn't live.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:19 AM
markb287 is currently offline Click here to Send markb287 a Private Message Find more posts by markb287 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

The Oracle was always in him....She surfaces when Smith says everything that has a beginning has an end! See the confusion on Smith' face when he says that??The only reason he could see part of the end was thru the Oracle's eyes! That's why Neo figures out he can delete Smith if he allows him to take over his body...Because the previous codes some how prevail!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:32 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

The Oracle didn't take over Smith.
Smith infected the Oracle. But her "kind" of program did not get completely deleted and surpressed (the scene, and the "mom" quote are pure gold!).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:00 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

omega.. fix the thread its a spoiler

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:03 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote