KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What was the point of Neo's Clothes Changing? (Spoilers)

What was the point of Neo's Clothes Changing? (Spoilers)
Started by: The Unknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Unknown
Anomaly

What was the point of Neo's Clothes Changing? (Spoilers)

In the beginning of Revolutions, Neo's clothing is similar if not the same as they were in the first movie, yet it is never mentioned and his clothing is switched back to his Reloaded clothing in the Super Brawl.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:44 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

maybe an error, Wachowski brothers were to busy counting their money to notice.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:47 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

lol, i guess is just what he had in mind when entering the matrix, when he was in limbo, he wasn't consious

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:11 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

I think it was shorter in Revo. to allow Keanu more movement?? They did a few flashbax anyway in Revo. from M1! Perhaps it was on purpose!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:12 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARKVIRUS

It was the merv's old outfit from reloaded. Now someone who keep's telling me they understand the movie tell me when exactly did the clothes-swapping olive-eating orgy happen? and why?.

In all reality that really bothered me such a simple question and no-one even bothered to touch on it...ahhh perhaps the merv's outfit hide's a person from detection while they are in the matrix, seeing as he can write matrix code but , then again why am i thinking this i saw the end of a trilogy for god's sake i should have no questions....very few at the least! mad .

Anyone who has even fathomed the thought of me not understanding revolutions do NOT agree with me, you have insulted me enough.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:37 AM
DARKVIRUS is currently offline Click here to Send DARKVIRUS a Private Message Find more posts by DARKVIRUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Neo was not uploaded to Mobil Avenue through the Construct. Secondly he came to a place controlled by the Merovingian. So go figure (No, not you, DV, you won’t).
I don’t know what clothes-swapping olive-eating orgy you’re referring to. It wasn’t in the version of the Matrix Revolutions that I saw yesterday.
You obviously do NOT understand it, DV, it’s not mainstream. You have to think to get it.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:42 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

WOW!! no expression

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:46 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARKVIRUS

Ah omega speaks...and her peanut gallery responds...hehehe..amusing.

Oh omega you are indeed a funny women....so let's see you could'nt put an "I figure" in the begenning or "thats what i think at least" at the end no, you are obviously convinced that was why he was wearing the merv's clothing..heh.

Well gee since you said it and it came out of your brilliant mind you are absolutely right huh?. No he was not uploaded through the construct not even the merv knows how it happend (at that point no-one had a clue).

Tell me this though you're saying the merv put his old outfit on neo because was under his control...hehehe does'nt make sense to me and if you're going to talk in fiction do not present it as fact.

The question was simply about the outfit and your answer is not fact nor is it a good explanation for him wearing the merv's old outfit. Listen up here for a sec and maybe you are the one who should think a little bit longer. When neo is in the car...outside of mobil ave. link cannot pick him up he can see something but not neo....he is out of limbo and cannot be detected could it perhaps be the clothing.

Think about this even deeper, if it was becuase he was not uploaded through the construct would it merit the question from morpheus "can you not see him?". Morpheus seems to be pretty quick at figuring things out so tell me would he not have known that was the reason neo could not be seen.

Your turn......

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:01 AM
DARKVIRUS is currently offline Click here to Send DARKVIRUS a Private Message Find more posts by DARKVIRUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Probably isn't a wise decision to patronize a mod DV...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:16 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Besides, is it that hard to believe it was simply an error on the filmmakers part, probably just over looked it during the editing department, it happens.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:20 AM
Kes
Philie

Its easier to believe its a "look I put you here cos you ****ed with me!" from Mero.
But what does it matter really?!huh

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:44 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

People just can't accept the fact that maybe the Wachowski brothers...*gasp* made a mistake!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:45 AM
Kes
Philie

They either overlooked it or there was no way around. Editors can only work with what they have.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:48 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, either way, I'm sure it doesn't need to be discussed.

I'd be interested to see what people would say if there was a scene of Neo taking a crap in the matrix.... laughing out loud it would be hilarious to hear what they thought the 'symbolism' was for that scene.

Some scenes just shouldn't be over analized.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:50 AM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
People just can't accept the fact that maybe the Wachowski brothers...*gasp* made a mistake!!

Who me? They made several mistakes but this is clothing. I mean they went to Meros clothes and gave it to Neo? He's only has 1 outfit (several of the same) how difficult is that.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:50 AM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, either way, I'm sure it doesn't need to be discussed.

I'd be interested to see what people would say if there was a scene of Neo taking a crap in the matrix.... laughing out loud it would be hilarious to hear what they thought the 'symbolism' was for that scene.

Some scenes just shouldn't be over analized.

big grin

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:51 AM
BackFire

maybe the Bro's were stoned out of their mind in that scene, or they thought it would be funny to throw that in there just to see people over analyze it and discuss it, trying to look for it's biblical meaning.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:53 AM
Kes
Philie

lol Now that I can accept big grin

Last edited by Kes on Nov 7th, 2003 at 11:00 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:56 AM
BackFire

Good Girl *gives Kes a nice strong slap to the ass*

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 10:57 AM
Kes
Philie

Wow. *garbs Bfs ass* I aint letting go!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 11:01 AM