KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Ok , just seen it for a second time at IMAX...

Ok , just seen it for a second time at IMAX...
Started by: ITALIAN926

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ITALIAN926

Ok , just seen it for a second time at IMAX...

The movie was actually better this time around, some of my confusion was fixed but still unhappy and perplexed about a few things.

#1. My biggest complaint is the Oracles explanation or lack thereof for Neo having powers in the Real World. She never really answered so basically we MUST accept the fact that he can do these superhuman things. His genetic makeup must be different from everyone else. I wonder how a doctor would anatomically explain his energetic powers... maybe the whole time he was plugged into the powerplant he was saving his volts. smile

#2. The Oracles explanation for needing a new "shell" sucked. As usual she hardly speaks straight forward English and when its all over, Neo and most people are like "oh, ok (wtf did she just say)" Her script shouldve said something like "The Merovingian is after me, and I changed my appearance as a precaution" Simple, but no, she talks and talks about her "choices" horsecrap. It really didnt have to be that complicated of a reason, it was dragging. Had Gloria Foster lived for M3, no explanation wouldve been needed anyway.

#3 Neo escaped from the trainstation with Trinity and when they were riding in the car, Link couldnt see Neo , nothing was explained about that.

#4. When Neo came back into the real world, they never showed or explained plugging his body in again to get him out.

#5. Trinity's death scene was a bit too long.

This time around the movie was a bit more enjoyable thanks to some of you guys... meta, jedi, and especially Omega for clearing up Smiths use of the Oracles visions for the ending... thanx smile

Last edited by ITALIAN926 on Nov 7th, 2003 at 07:22 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 07:02 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Legend 86

You make some very good points Italian926. I agreed with points 3 and 4, but I actually like the explanation that the Oracle gave for her different appearance...after all, the Oracle (in any age) isn't exactly known for her ability to provide concise, detailed explanations (And Morpheus and Trinity were on a tight schedule, too!). The vagaries of her answer fit in perfectly, IMO, and I was happy that they tied the necessity of replacing Gloria Jackson in instead of trying to gloss over or ignore the change. As for point 1...

My brothers and I also noticed the lack of any explanation for Neo's 'real world' abilities. It did remind me of the Architect's statement in Reloaded about the One's responsibility to enter the Machine Mainframe and "disseminate the code that you carry." I suspect that this 'code' (which I assume is more than just an advanced knowledge of binary smile ) is what sets Neo apart from all of the other humans of his particular era. As you say, it's also possible that Neo (as well as all of the other versions of 'the One') are mutations, either deliberate or accidental. I have a strong feeling that we're going to see something mentioned along those lines in an upcoming anime, book, or graphic novel...

I guess I'm one of those people who likes trying to figure out what's going through the creators' minds...especially when there's such a good chance that they're going to eventually let us know whther we guessed correctly or not!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 09:18 AM
Legend 86 is currently offline Click here to Send Legend 86 a Private Message Find more posts by Legend 86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

i have to admit that i was a bit disappointed at first too, after i first saw it, but i liked it anyway. i sort of knew it was going to get better every time you watch it, and turns out to be true cool damn, turns out i missed a lot of things during the super brawl too, because of the excitement big grin jesus christ, it's so god damn great.

one more thing, she didn't change her appearance as a precaution. merv deleted her old shell, so she had to get a new one. ETM explained this nicely, and i think revolutions explained it well enough.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 11:33 AM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

I seen it twice now and I still had no idea Merv had something to do with it. This what I mean when I say it pisses me off that these idiots put critical information in other sources. Everyone is expected to go out and play video games, watch cartoons, etc etc. Thats just not right. To fully understand all the details of a movie, you should only have to see the movie... and THATS actually my biggest gripe. Thanks GOD for this forum. The movie also makes it clear that Im missing a ton of information on Niobe and her adventures, prior to the recharge of her ship, when she and her crew returned. Its just not right to that to the viewers.

Last edited by ITALIAN926 on Nov 7th, 2003 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:38 PM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

italian> its the experience, and if you dont wanna go out and play ETM or see Animatrix, that is your prerogative, however, they were created so that information is given out in them for the fans that DO go out and play the game and watch Animatrix, for those that do go read the comics and take part in ARG...It is the experience of being able to see the Matrix as a game, anime, comic, movie, mmorpg, etc. The wachowski brothers did this on purpose, so the fans are one up on everyone else.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 12:45 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

Another believer who doesnt think the wachowski's made these various sources to line their own pockets. DO you think they realeased these things at their COST? No. They did no favors here, theyre greedy bastards and it hurt the people who ONLY wanted to see the movie. Im sure Powerade wrote them a nice check too.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:29 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Italian> i see you've reconsidered the matrix, good.
i know is frustrating that not everything is answer correctly in the movie, ,but that's something the wachowski wanted to do to make the movie stand out a lil' bit more. ETM, although not the best game ever, it's a great game. it's not just and adaptation from the film, it's an extention of it, explain many things better, and it gives you a back up story for some characters that didn't have many lines in the movie.
the same goes for the animatrix.
if everything that was in the game and the animatrix was in the movie, ,could you imagine how big it will be?, it wouldn't fit in a 2 hours movie.
plus the game and anime was just something to entertain us the fans, while waiting for the revo, the same goes with the comics, and in the midtime, get more money

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:32 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

quote:
if everything that was in the game and the animatrix was in the movie, ,could you imagine how big it will be?, it wouldn't fit in a 2 hours movie.

Dude, all the missing information I speak of could have been fit into the timeframe of the shitty 20 minute club Zion/speech and lovescene in Reloaded. lol.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:39 PM
S_D_J
Bane

yeah but they needed that time for that "shitty" scene, many question where answer during that time, ,and you can't deny that revo was more action than talk (not so much as in reloaded, but still)... and what?, didn't you want to see persephone with that red dress?. I sure did

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:44 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

It wouldve been nice if Neo and Co. walked into Persephone bouncing topless on top of Merv somwhere. big grin It already was rated R right? big grin

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:50 PM
S_D_J
Bane

yeah, it was big grin

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:52 PM
ZZ6

To answer to your first question, Neo was able to separate his body from his mind when he get throught the source (Matrix2 end, elevation).
His mind is able to stay in the matrix whilst his body is deconnected. That's why he is able to see the machine code outside the Matrix (he only see tha machines, he cannot see trinity when she dies), throught his mind in the Matrix. He can still control them also (sentinels).

At the end of Matrix 2 he is in a comma (between live and death), in the Matrix, his mind is trapped in a similar place: the Limbo (MOBIL AVE), and trinity must save his soul from there.

Hope it answer some of your questions. I personnaly have more then before...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:01 PM
ZZ6 is currently offline Click here to Send ZZ6 a Private Message Find more posts by ZZ6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Legend 86

Just a quick comment...the fact that the Merovingian took away the Oracle's previous body is mentioned in Revolutions. After he makes the comment that the Oracle ' must have found another shell', he comments that maybe that will teach her...'if she takes something away from me, I'll take something away from her.'

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:22 PM
Legend 86 is currently offline Click here to Send Legend 86 a Private Message Find more posts by Legend 86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

What did she take away from him? The keymaker?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:37 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZZ6

could be, as he said to Neo "you do what the oracle told you to do"
he knows who is responsible...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:43 PM
ZZ6 is currently offline Click here to Send ZZ6 a Private Message Find more posts by ZZ6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

quote:
Originally posted by ITALIAN926
It wouldve been nice if Neo and Co. walked into Persephone bouncing topless on top of Merv somwhere. big grin It already was rated R right? big grin

Personally, I would have liked if persephone was bouncing on top of trin or niobe instead.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:45 PM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZZ6

Perhaps the oracle asked Merv to not terminate Smith, since she need him and Neo to accomplice her choice.

but it doesn't fit the "taken from me"...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:48 PM
forumcrew

#2 is in enter the matrix #3 was explained

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:48 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Italian>
The ability to effect machines OUTSIDE the matrix was always a part of the power of the One. If you remember the Architects speech, he explains about the anomaly, why it arose and how it works.
He just didn’t tell Neo, that this anomaly code is active, even when Neo isn’t plugged into the Matrix. In simple terms the anomaly gives Neo the ability to “rewrite” the programming of the Matrix as he sees fit, and the ability to access the Source, the machine main-frame wirelessly, even when he’s not inside the actual matrix.
This essentially gives him a mental remote-control, which he started using at the end of Reloaded. In Revolutions the Oracle tells Neo that he wasn’t ready for that revelation yet (the reason why he became unconscious), and that using that ability SHOULD have killed him. His mind touched the Source, but instead of dying Neo stranded in limbo (Mobil Avenue).
When Neo goes blind his connection to the Source becomes crystal clear, as he sees in terms of energy, electricity, electric and magnetic fields.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:58 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

Rewriting the Matrix while plugged in is fine. Telling me that a man with nothing but raggedy clothes can shoot lightning bolts make no sense. If what you say is true, they certainly didnt spell the answer out.. and the oracles answer to Neo DOES NOT answer the question directly, this leads to you connecting words of the Architect. The reason why theres confusing script is the same reason the Oracle didnt have a direct answer.... IT MAKES NO SENSE for a man to have that ability. So we'll just swallow it as truth and ignore common sense. After all, its just a movie.. right ?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 05:09 PM