KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » My Opinions of the Matrix Universe - SPOILERS!!!

My Opinions of the Matrix Universe - SPOILERS!!!
Started by: Seth-Gecko

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Seth-Gecko
Shidoshi

My Opinions of the Matrix Universe - SPOILERS!!!

I think the machines wanted peace all along. I think that the 5 ones before Neo, the ones that entered the source allowing a dissemenation of the code they carried reinserting the prime program (what happened at the end of revo) were not supposed to do that. Since he was trapped in limbo, he kept having visions of the machine city and only after that he KNEW what he had to do. Not go there to destroy it, but to strike a peace. I think the machines, in the GRAND SCHEME of all things, purposly created smith (Neo's opposite, in other words, the equation to cancel him out) to see if neo cared enough to save BOTH their worlds. And when he made the deal with the huge talkin machine, I have to believe that since they didnt just slaughter him right then and there that they too were wanting peace all along. Think about it, two enemys hate each other (man n machine). They waste years fighting each other for nothing, but a greater threat comes(smith) and the two must unite probably for the first time EVER.

Once neo figured out what he had to allow smith to do in order to end it all, he did it because he chose to. He gave his life for the future of both worlds and I think the machines were waiting for that, since they very gently carried away his body instead of just tossing it aside. They machines in the end, served their purpose to serve man.

- Bruce Lee

Last edited by Seth-Gecko on Nov 7th, 2003 at 12:31 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 11:49 AM
Seth-Gecko is currently offline Find more posts by Seth-Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yes, they only ever wanted peace. the machines, ever since the time of second renaissance, wanted to co-exist harmoniously with the humans. the machines, if you noticed, followed Neo as he walked towards deus ex machina, and did not attack him, almost as if they were waiting for him...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:04 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seth-Gecko
Shidoshi

precisly, he was the only one that made it that far.

- Bruce Lee

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:10 PM
Seth-Gecko is currently offline Find more posts by Seth-Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh yeah, THAT is why they enslave humanity and continuously stage managed the regular genocide of all free humans...

Sorry, I don't buy that crap for a second. Machines are concerned with their own survival and nothing else. They let Neo walk because the Smith situation was getting out of control; were it not for that they would have killed him- exactly as Neo said.

Forget the damn Second Renaissance, whatever happened BEFORE, the Machines clearly had no grat interest in calling peace during the FILMS; they simply had to accept the situation that existed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

the machines were simply retaliating. We would not accept them for who they were, so they had to create a way to keep us alive, without being able to fight back, until we understood. THAT didnt go so well, so they had to make sure that our efforts would not grow so overwhelming that they could not force us back into submission, while waiting for us to accept humans and machines living together...zenophobia started this whole thing, so the only way it will come to an end is if the zenophobia is overcome in order to survive, and this is what happens.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:18 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Simple retaliation does NOT give the MAchines the right to do what they did.

Sorry, but in the context of the films, the MACHINES are utterly callous and evil. If it were not for the fact they needed humans to live, they would happily see us all dead- as the Architect said, there were levels of surivval they were prepared to accept.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seth-Gecko
Shidoshi

hmmm....good point. But why did the architect tell the oracle "you played a very dangerous game" at the end. She knew what was gonna happen..."for what its worth, you made a believer outta me"

- Bruce Lee

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Architect is just accpeting things as they are- as it stands there is a peace and the Matrix still exists- the Architect did not think that was a good idea as things came close to total annihilation.

That doesn;t mean he is happy with the way things are- his attitude was clearly shown in Reloaded. He'll tolerate the existence of humans whilst they need them- but if the humans become too much trouble, if the Matrix cannot be sustained- then let them all die, and we will find another way.

Whatever possible high ground the Machines may once have had... thbey long ago lost it. They are the bad guys. That is why RENEGADE programmes like the Oracle and Seraph tried to make this peace happen- NOT the Machines. The very fact that Renegades did it shows that the System had no interest in it.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:25 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

ush> if your very existence were threatened, even the existence of your species, dont you think you would go to drastic lengths to keep it alive?

seth> not even the oracle saw past Neos choice, that is why the Archie said she played a very dangerous game.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:26 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If I did what the machines did, Jedi, I would accept that I had forfeited all areas of moral responsibility. The Machinbes simply do not recognise such things, they see survival as a simple logical excericse. They have no compassion for huamnity- not by default, anyway. As I say, only the renegades- and only SOME of them- have such compassion.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 01:32 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

I agree with Ush here.
The machines didn’t want peace ALL along. Enslaving humanity for some 600 years isn’t a very good way of offering peace. If that was what the machines truly wanted, they could’ve offered peace when the Ones reached the Architect and the Source.

They didn’t. But a handful of programs (such as the Oracle) decided that the only way to get to the future would be together. For all we know, she could’ve been more concerned over the Smith-virus than the war and mankind’s fate.
She made a choice to help and guide Neo. But her motivations can be discussed endlessly.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:52 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Hrmm, I am sure we are the ones who did a mass genocide on the machines first. We were the ones treating THEM as slaves instead of another life.

BUT - they tried to give us a PERFECT world when they "enslaved" us. But no, we wouldn't take it would we.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 04:32 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote