KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Oracle Mother of the Matrix???

Oracle Mother of the Matrix???
Started by: SG_Fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SG_Fox
Granda Kewl Master

Miffed Oracle Mother of the Matrix???

Ummm is it me or am I the only one that believes that the Oracle isn't infact the "Mother of The Matrix", I only say this because after watching that part with the arch., again I say his reaction...infact I watched that part like 5 times in a row and when Neo answers for him by saying the Orcale, the arch., say's "please" as if to say what dont insult me or something like that it's his expresion.....Again I have no idea, just wanted some input, but please do me a favor and watch the scene before you reply here. Thanks wink

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:03 AM
SG_Fox is currently offline Click here to Send SG_Fox a Private Message Find more posts by SG_Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

But he says "If i am the father of the matrix, she will undoubtly be its mother"

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:10 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SG_Fox
Granda Kewl Master

ya but he never says who....instead NEO answers for him with "The Orcale" and the arch., says "please" real sarcastic like.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:21 AM
SG_Fox is currently offline Click here to Send SG_Fox a Private Message Find more posts by SG_Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

ahh ok.

There is plenty of ways to take that "please" though, he could be saying please in such a way because Neo refers to her as The Oracle, as in he is insulted that Neo and everyone that "believes" looks at her like she is some divine being.

The Architect is pretty shifty though, you got any suspicions about who he could be refering to other than The Oracle??

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:26 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SG_Fox
Granda Kewl Master

well it is retarted but I was thinking along the lines of PERSEPHONE or somebody that we haven't even been introduced to yet, maybe later in the comics...

Last edited by SG_Fox on Nov 8th, 2003 at 06:41 AM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:36 AM
SG_Fox
Granda Kewl Master

I only started this conversation because of two things from the Matrix Reloaded movie: the first being the fact that before the fight with alot of Smiths the Orcale says and I quote "I'm only instrested in one thing, and that is the future", which says to me that hey what does the future have to do with choice? Second fact is...well I stated I stated it above, the arch., say's "please" to Neo's response of the Orcale when the arch., said "she will undoubtly be its mother"....errrr so damn confusing, head going to explode!!! AHAHAHAHAHAAH

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:41 AM
morgan01

put it to rest... the archy says "please" in a way that he thinks its dumb to call her the oracle and he starts right after saying "as i was saying" i think if neo was incorrect he would correct him on a different person, it is becuz neo calls the mother the oracle. he is bothered by the name because it is part of her ability is to see the beginning to the end of the path... thats no oracle she just has the sight shes programmed to have to site. she is the mother heck even smith says it... just let this go haha oracle is the mother your looking to deep into this, somethings in the movie need to be looked hard into this is one of those thats served on a plate for you.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:11 AM
morgan01 is currently offline Click here to Send morgan01 a Private Message Find more posts by morgan01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gmpho
calm like a bomb

Revolutions-
Oracle: (To Smith) "you are a bastard" (as in bastard child)
Smith: "Well, you know me, mom"

Done...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:38 AM
gmpho is currently offline Click here to Send gmpho a Private Message Find more posts by gmpho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gmpho
calm like a bomb

Also in Rev.
Oracle and Archi talk- She says "please" in exactly the same tone.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:41 AM
gmpho is currently offline Click here to Send gmpho a Private Message Find more posts by gmpho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SG_Fox
Granda Kewl Master

Oh sry guys haven't watched Rev. yet. And what are the other topics that need to brought forth???

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 08:18 AM
MattMan

god the Matrix is complicated.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 08:54 AM
MattMan is currently offline Click here to Send MattMan a Private Message Find more posts by MattMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

No its not, some people really do try to over-analyze it until they just end up confusing themselves.

The only problem with the matrix is that basically EVERYTHING is up for question. Its just one of those movies.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 09:00 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

The Oracle IS the mother of the Matrix. The Architects "pleasse" in Reloaded, is to be taken along with his next sentence.
"AS I was saying." He's just annoyed Neo interrupts him.
The Architect is trying to balance the equation.
The Oracle is trying to unbalance the equation.
They're connected. So I'd say the most logical mother IS the Oracle, regardless of what SMith says smile

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:55 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
morgan01

didn't smith call her mom though? which would just add to her being the mother.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:32 PM
morgan01 is currently offline Click here to Send morgan01 a Private Message Find more posts by morgan01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

well duh she is watch reloaded another time

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:39 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

to me the oracle/ architect affair sounded like a couple, who have divoced and are fighting over the custody of their kids or something. its explains how we humans reason..in the first one, the architect stresses that men would rather take logic while women face reason, which is exactly what the oracle stresses in revolutions as well....

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 06:39 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

alaba> logic and reason are the same thing, the Oracle would be more like emotion, and Archie would be logic...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 07:40 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

oh yeah thanks for the correction jedi..the force is indeed strong within you..

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 11:04 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote