KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Did you know..? Matrix Facts

Did you know..? Matrix Facts
Started by: EyeMakeMovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EyeMakeMovies
file 404 not found

Did you know..? Matrix Facts

let's dig up some matrix trivia!!! submit your fav intersting fact about the trilogy. I'll start: Brad Pitt was orignally cast as Neo.
that came from moviemistakes.com.. there are other cool facts there, but we can do better

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 07:26 PM
EyeMakeMovies is currently offline Click here to Send EyeMakeMovies a Private Message Find more posts by EyeMakeMovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

Pitt was not originally casted as neo. He was a candidate. As was Kevin costner and Will Smith. They wanted Ewan Mcgregor but he was busy with star wars.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 07:32 PM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The none

OK, my turn.

Here comes the One, the ORIGINAL ONE!
Happy Dance

Attachment: shell.jpg
This has been downloaded 230 time(s).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 07:45 PM
The none is currently offline Click here to Send The none a Private Message Find more posts by The none Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Trivia?

It took 118 days to shoot the Matrix. It took 270 days to shoot Reloaded/Revolutions.
The Matrix Reloaded was downloaded 2 million times during the first 72 hours! (yes 72, harhar).
Jet Li demanded 13 million to play Seraph.
There are 412 FX shots in The Matrix. Budget 63 million.
There are 2500 FX shots in Reloaded/Revolutions. Budget 300+ million.
565 people were employed on The Matrix.
3300 were employed on Reloaded/Revolutions.
The Wachoski-brothers came up with the idea for the Matrix in 1992

Who were the candidates for Neo?
Johnny Depp – wasn’t interested – salary 1 million.
Brad Pitt – didn’t want to be in another sci-fi movie after Cold World – salary 10 million.
Ewan McGregor – The W-brothers favourite but it didn’t happen.
Tom Cruise – he asked too much 20-25 million.
Leonardo DeCaprio – Wouldn’t make movies after Titanic with a salary less than 10 million.
Will Smith – wanted Neo to have lots of girlfriends and make jokes – salary 15 million. The Chicago Sun Times reported (July 1st, 2002) Will Smith mentioned at the MIB2 press conference that he turned down the Keanu Reeves lead in "The Matrix" to do the flop "Wild Wild West." "I was like, 'Yeah right, 'The Matrix.' Computers have taken over the world. I think I'd better go off and do that good film 'Wild Wild West.'" Smith shaked his head. Ironically, Smith's wife has a role in the sequels.

David Duchocny – Decided to do the X-file movie instead. Salary 2 million.
Keanu Reeves – The last and final candidate. Salary 10 million.

According to some crew members, Keanu Reeves was really vomiting as shown in the film when his character Neo leaves The Matrix for the first time. It was because of a chicken pot pie he ate, apparently. [source: IMDb]

Some personal information can be seen on Thomas Anderson's "criminal record" that Agent Smith glances at when he interrogates Neo: - The last update to the file was July 22, 1998 - Neo's date of birth is "March 11, 1962" - Neo's place of birth is "Lower Downtown, Capitol City" - Neo's mother's maiden name is "Michelle McCahey" - Neo's father's name is "John Anderson" - Neo attended "Central West Junior High" and "Sean Paterson High"

The scene in which Neo meets the gifted children in the Oracle's apartment is an homage to the similar scene at the end of "Akira" (1988). The Wachowski brothers acknowledged the influence of anime films in a brief USA Today interview a few days after the film's release.

Sets from the film "Dark City" (1998), including rooftops, buildings and others exteriors sets, were used in this film. The rooftops that Trinity runs across at the beginning of the film are the same ones that John Murdoch runs across in "Dark City". Connected to both films were Andrew Mason (Producer) and Michelle McGahey (Art Director).

Val Kilmer was at one time attached to play Morpheus.

The name "Anderson" (Neo) has two German words in it: "anders", which means in English: "different". And "ändern" (or "aendern") which means in English: "change".

The glyphs on the computer screens, with the exception of the call traces, consists of reversed letters, numbers, and Japanese katakana characters.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 11:57 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Can't beat that, but here's some:

-Keanu Reeves had had neck surgery before filming and it didn't heal, which is why he didn't kick much in the first movie.
-The Burly Brawl had more movements than the entire first movie.
-The Matrix was created when the W.Bros. were asked by a friend to come up with an idea for a comic book.
-In the bathroom fight between Smith and Morpheus, Smith stopping Morpheus's punch by punching his fist was an accident, and Hugo Weaving thought that he had broken his hand.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Nov 13th, 2003 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:40 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

yes! Excellentbig grin

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:47 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

More trivia:

The idea of Neo becoming blinded and then being able to "See" life force is identical to a major plot event in "Dune Messiah", Book 2 of Frank Herbert's Dune. The major character with god-like powers is struck down and blinded through betrayal, only to reveal later that he can still see but in a whole new way.

The Oracle smokes 'DOUBLE DESTINY' brand cigarettes.

The filmmakers estimated that one ton of water was poured down over Weaving and Reeves every minute during the six weeks in which they filmed their final showdown.

The ending of Neo is remarkebly similar to the end of King Arthur in the Arthurian Legends. Arthur killed Mordred, leader of the army that was tearing apart Arthur's kingdom, in a one on one fight, but was mortally wounded. He was then borne on a barge to the "Isle of Avalon" to be healed.
It also says that he would 'sleep until he was needed again'. Neo is "mortally wounded" (has his 'self' nearly destroyed) in the one on one battle with Smith, the leader of the army that is tearing apart the Matrix, and ends up being borne away, with us not truly knowing if he is alive or dead, to be 'healed' of his wound. The Oracle/Seti also says that they "might someday see him again".

When Trinity, Morpheus and Seraph are chasing the Trainman, they run past some billboards on the walls. Some of them advertise Powerade drink which is found in the Enter the Matrix game (it's common in Australia, where this was filmed, so this isn't major trivia, but interesting). Also the last billboard Seriph runs past says "Follow the white rabbit".

There are many references to the first Matrix movie in this movie: signs on the subway that say "Tastee Wheat", the car that Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity are driving in after Neo is rescued is the same one used to take Neo to the Oracle, even the license plate is the same: AA034. The reflection of him looking out is also identically shot.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 12:58 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

AWWWW I was going to add the Taystee Wheat factoid. It's a billboard in the subway in Revolutions.

wink

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:05 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
W. Lee Chojin
Just here...

Congratulations guys !! you are on fire !!!

One more ... (about the Smith family)

Will Smith as Neo, and Jada as Trinity, after the first movie Jada asked for be in the sequels ...Niobe was a "gift"so to speak ... (sorry for stealing your phrase Jedi, this will not happen again)

smile

The Usual Suspects - Verbal Kint

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:24 AM
W. Lee Chojin is currently offline Click here to Send W. Lee Chojin a Private Message Find more posts by W. Lee Chojin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Ghost in the Shell...w00t - AMAZING Movie in every way.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:27 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

-The lobby scene took a week and a half.
-They had a whole room full of extra pillars to be used.
-Though it's pretty impossible to notice, in the scene where Morpheus and Neo are walking along the sidewalk (where the Woman in Red turns into Agent Smith), they used many twins and triplets to show that the Matrix had glitches.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Nov 13th, 2003 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:51 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

quote:
Originally posted by The Unknown
-Though it's pretty impossible to notice, in the scene where Morpheus and Neo are walking along the sidewalk (where the Woman in Red turns into Agent Smith), they used many twins and triplets to show that the Matrix had glitches.

No, Mouse made the 'Agent Training Program' and the twins are to show how he cheapskated it, just duplicated the code... smile

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 07:01 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Good one, the training programs are NOT in the matrix, newbies! helloooo!! a long time ago in this forum someone said that a hovercraft was flying over the scene, in M1, when morpheus shows neo the real world inside the construct! I hate when people try to talk about a movie, and the ideas behind them, and they didn't even listen to the dialogue!! mad

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 07:55 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

did you know:

That Neo's alarm clock finally wakes him up at 9:18. Why? It's one of the Wachowski's wife's Birthday (aug 18th)

The shot of Neo choosing the red pill is doing two things. One displaying a great visual effects shot because those reflections are put on by computer. And two, showing the two different sides of Neo's personallity at that moment of choice.

Carrie Ann Moss is an awesome driver... She had to learn all kinds of stunt driving for Reloaded, and apparently was one of their best students.

The liscence plate on Smith's car in the beginning of reloaded says IS5416. ( Isaiah chapter 54 verse 16: " Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy." --KJV). Spooky huh? That fact is thanks to JediHDM wink

What about Morph -- The greek god that had to do with dreams -- How 'bout his car? In reloaded his liscense plate said DA023 (Daniel Chapter 2 verse 3: " And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream." --KJV). Who was the king? Nebuchadnezzar.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 08:14 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quote123
Likes being insane.

Neat.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 09:50 PM
Quote123 is currently offline Click here to Send Quote123 a Private Message Find more posts by Quote123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Sweet!

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 09:52 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by Vim
Good one, the training programs are NOT in the matrix, newbies! helloooo!! a long time ago in this forum someone said that a hovercraft was flying over the scene, in M1, when morpheus shows neo the real world inside the construct! I hate when people try to talk about a movie, and the ideas behind them, and they didn't even listen to the dialogue!! mad

Actually, I'm correct... it was stated in Matrix Revisited. Guess you haven't seen it...

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 09:55 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

See... laughing

(please log in to view the image)

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:05 PM
Quote123
Likes being insane.

HAHAHAHA

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:12 PM
Quote123 is currently offline Click here to Send Quote123 a Private Message Find more posts by Quote123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SimplePriest
[B]did you know:

That Neo's alarm clock finally wakes him up at 9:18. Why? It's one of the Wachowski's wife's Birthday (aug 18th)

Her birthday would have to be september 18th for that to be true.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 10:15 PM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote