KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Seventh version of the matrix

Seventh version of the matrix
Started by: MickeyMousse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MickeyMousse
I've seen this...

Cool Seventh version of the matrix

I've read lots of threads in this forum where is told that at the end of Revolutions there is no seventh version of the Matrix, but that the Matrix at the end of the Revolutions merely changed and therefor not entirely reloaded. Lots of people believe that therefor there is still no seventh version and is the last scene set in the 6th version. I disagree.
I want to agree with the "change" that was made in the matrix, especcially 'cause the argument about the cat. They say that because it was the same cat ("deja vu"), the Matrix didn't reload, it just fixed the damage. Now I would like to know what do those people think "Reloaded" means? Because I think most people on this forum have the wrong idea about the definition of that word. It may surprise you, but nor the Architect, nor the Oracle have used the word 'reloaded' and I doubt that Morpeus, Neo, Trinity or anybody else has. Now read this: this is what the Architect tells Neo in Reloaded:

The Architect - The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program.

In all forums this is marked as "reloaded". However, no one believes it actually happend because, due to the black cat, everyone thinks it is the same Matrix. So, everybody thinks this is still the 6 th version of the Matrix. But actually, it's all a matter of interpretation. Read the next line the Architect tells Neo:

The Architect - The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

So, if you follow me, Neo exchanged his code with the source as he was originally planned to do (by taking the right door). And after that the Matrix 'upgraded' itself with his code, preparing the damage. And as the architect lines out that versions are counted by the numbers of anomaly's, than at the end of Revolutions the last scene is set in the seventh version. The architect is talking about reloading the Matrix when he speaks of 'a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program.' Therefor, the change that was made at the end of Revolutions was actually the realoading of the Matrix, reloading it to a seventh version.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:15 AM
MickeyMousse is currently offline Click here to Send MickeyMousse a Private Message Find more posts by MickeyMousse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman
There is no Spork

i think this could be the 7th matrix.
7= the one where there is peace.. after all he did get reinserted into the source.. and it did reboot...

made by DarkWeaver

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:58 PM
sandman is currently offline Click here to Send sandman a Private Message Find more posts by sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MickeyMousse
I've seen this...

Exactly!!!

In this one there is peace, and there will be no anomaly as long as those who reject the matrix will just be freed. As long as both sides keep their words (truce) the seventh Matrix will keep on excisting.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:19 PM
MickeyMousse is currently offline Click here to Send MickeyMousse a Private Message Find more posts by MickeyMousse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

yeah this is the seventh but we already knew that?

didn't all of us?

at least I did...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:26 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by MickeyMousse
Exactly!!!

In this one there is peace, and there will be no anomaly as long as those who reject the matrix will just be freed. As long as both sides keep their words (truce) the seventh Matrix will keep on excisting.

seems to make sense. smile

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:42 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

yeah I always questioned myself why o why is the sixth one the one that creates peace coz you'd expect it to be the seventh as that is the right number... but I have come to my senses and as you can see support your theory

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:00 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

Maybe the seventh could equal peace, you know, like the Sunday, the seventh day, the day God rested.

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:03 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

I keep on thinking that you are talking to me slinger because of the visavis that looks like clavis a bit in ur signature

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:13 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

There is NO reason to assume that the Matrix was Reloaded.
A deja-vu does NOT mean the Matrix is reloaded, merely that something is changed, and something was changed – The streets were repaired after Neo and Smith’s fight.
Were the Matrix Reloaded it should be changed back to the beginning of the 20th Century. Smith tells us in M1, that this is the setting of The Matrix. We also know the Matrix runs over 100 years. No buildings were changed. Everything looked modern.
Finally: The final shot of Neo is seen through “Source”-eyes. Everything connected to the Source glows. Neo’s body is glowing in the shape of a lotus. That means he is STILL connected to the Source, that is: The anomaly was NOT retrieved from his body and assimilated with the Source. A prerequisite for the Matrix to reload.
It’s a brand new day: The Matrix is NOT reloaded, it’s merely repaired and allowed to continue. The cataclysmic system crash (the Smith virus) was prevented.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:43 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

Omega has the correct answer. The cat symbolizes change in the code, not a complete recreation. The Matrix was repaired, but not reloaded. I think you should go back and watch M1.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:19 PM
The One Part 2 is currently offline Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

i don't get why it's so hard for some people to understand the matrix.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:23 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman
There is no Spork

meh.. the only reason why i would think that this was the 7th version is because of the symbolicness of the number 7 and it is the time of peace.. but then again... we know that it's not peaceful in M online

made by DarkWeaver

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:42 PM
sandman is currently offline Click here to Send sandman a Private Message Find more posts by sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seraph77

The sixth version he was talking about was neo not the matrix. They don't reload the matrix every time the anomaly apears, they just destroy zion and all evidence he and they existed. It is the third version as far as I could count from the movies, he said the first version was a utopia, a perfect paradise but nobody would accept the code, "thus he redesigned it" based on the grotesqueries of our nature. But "again" was frustrated by failure, now that's 2 matrix's, then he said the answer was stumbled upon by the oracle and I count that as the "3rd"

In no way could it be the 7th version, even if they did reload the entire matrix deleting everyone's memory (which is retarted and not what happened) and starting over it would be the "6th" version, like neo. There were "5" ones before me. But that theory is wrong, at most it is the 3rd version of the matrix, and like all other ones before him, the matrix was just "changed" back like a deja vu, hence the black cat like in the first movie. That is the direct message the brothers were trying to send with the black cat.

Just remember, the 6th version he's talking about is the 6th version of the "anamoly" not the matrix.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:03 PM
Seraph77 is currently offline Click here to Send Seraph77 a Private Message Find more posts by Seraph77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman
There is no Spork

hmm makes sense...

debating it in my head now...

made by DarkWeaver

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:48 PM
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

*Begins talking to self*

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:07 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

The idea of of 7th version, 7th day would fit in w/ the religious theme, but I don't believe it to be the 7th version. However, I would assume there were some changes in the Matrix programing, so it may not be the orginal 6th version. I think its version 6.5 or something like that. There were some changes that we are not aware of, but not enough to be concidered another version.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:17 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seraph77

Negative watch the movie again and listen to the architect he makes it perfectly clear.

It's just like people who misunderstood the fact that the "intuitive" program was the oracle. When he mentioned the program and neo said "The oracle" and the architect said "please..." he meant it like "please.....dont give her such a title" but some people retardedly took it as "Please.....it's not the oracle" I dunno it's hard to explain

at the most it's the 3rd version

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:28 PM
Seraph77 is currently offline Click here to Send Seraph77 a Private Message Find more posts by Seraph77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

But the architect clearly said that it was the 6th version (6 anomoly, 6th version)

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:31 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Most definatly. He said straight out that it's the 6th version. Unless I don't understand English.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:34 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

*sigh*

It's the third design, 6th version... not hard.. it's like this in a software release...

Understand?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 01:08 AM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote