KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Would You Rather...

Would You Rather...
Started by: mook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mook

Would You Rather...

a). Stay in the Matrix (ignorance is bliss)

b). Be freed and live in Zion (welcome to the real world)

i think id stay in the matrix - life in the real world would be too harsh.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 02:57 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sorry, Mook.
But it probably doesn't come as a surprise that we've had this thread before.

But I'll give you my answer: Again.
Red pill. Real world all the way. I'd never want to live on a lie, no matter how appealing that lie may be.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 03:22 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Blue. "Ignorance is Bliss."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 03:41 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Sorry, Mook.
But it probably doesn't come as a surprise that we've had this thread before.

But I'll give you my answer: Again.
Red pill. Real world all the way. I'd never want to live on a lie, no matter how appealing that lie may be.

sorry im new here - but if you didnt know it was a lie you wouldnt mind - i agree with cypher "why didnt i take the blue pill?"

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 03:53 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Cypher KNOWS the truth. There’s a big difference between Cypher and not KNOWING. And if I’m not offered the choices, it’s a moot question to ask.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 04:07 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

ok but what if you were freed and then given the choice of being reinserted, remembering nothing and in any walk of life you want (an actor maybe?) but you didnt have to betray your friends (like Cypher did).

you would surely choose to be reinserted rather than live the real world?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 04:21 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Um, Omega - how are we supposed to know whether an obscure topic such as this has already been opened? The search function isn't always very helpful with such non-specific threads, and you can't seriously expect us to search through all 36 odd pages to find one!

I can accept the need to refrain from posting new threads that are FDT's - but c'mon, be reasonable. Direct to other threads, and even close threads by all means but there is NO NEED for comments like "I'll give you my opinion. Again" as if the original poster is stupid or something!

And I don't much care if I get attacked or banned for this post - what was said HAD to be said!

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 04:54 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Ahnold
Um, Omega - how are we supposed to know whether an obscure topic such as this has already been opened? The search function isn't always very helpful with such non-specific threads, and you can't seriously expect us to search through all 36 odd pages to find one!

I can accept the need to refrain from posting new threads that are FDT's - but c'mon, be reasonable. Direct to other threads, and even close threads by all means but there is NO NEED for comments like "I'll give you my opinion. Again" as if the original poster is stupid or something!

And I don't much care if I get attacked or banned for this post - what was said HAD to be said!

i wasnt really bothered arnie to be honest but cheers anyway. anyhoo the question has now morphed into:

"what if you were freed and then given the choice of being reinserted, remembering nothing and in any walk of life you want (an actor maybe?) but you didnt have to betray your friends (like Cypher did).

you would surely choose to be reinserted rather than live the real world?"

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:21 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hmmmm - I'm weak, so would probably choose to be reinserted big grin

And thanks for the gratitude - but as I already mentioned: what was said HAD to be said, for Omega if nothing else

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:37 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Ahnold> There’s the search feature on the front page – and reasoning: This IS the Matrix forum after all, no? Human thought is universal. So if you got the idea to open a thread on topic A, someone else probably had the same idea – long before you joined.
I lost count: And the statement was directed at Mook as an explanation, if he did not get many answers to his post.

Mook> I’d chose to stay in the real world. I’d never chose a lie over the truth for my own pleasure.
Even if I had my memory erased and became a famous actor it would ALL be an illusion.

That some one would even prefer the Matrix to the real world is the scary part. That some people would chose a lie simply because of comfort, to the truth, is, in my opinion, a sign of a weak will.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:46 PM
mook

Omega>That some one would even prefer the Matrix to the real world is the scary part. That some people would chose a lie simply because of comfort, to the truth, is, in my opinion, a sign of a weak will.

perhaps, but why not choose a life of comfort over a life of discomfort?

ignorance in that case would be bliss!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:49 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Omega - I can appreciate that some topics would have already been opened - I always understood that. But PLEASE - re-read the specifics of my post! And c'mon, there is no need for the attitude!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:50 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Mook> Ignorance is ignorance.
Call it bliss if you like, but it is STILL ignorance. Everything you ever did or tried in a virtual illusion would be nothing but a few bits in a program.
It’s not choosing a life in comfort to a life in discomfort. It’s choosing a LIE for comfort to an uncomfortable truth.
I prefer the truth. ANYtime.

So would you rather people LIED to you, than tell you the truth, if the truth would make you feel uncomfotable??

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:53 PM
mook

Omega>So would you rather people LIED to you, than tell you the truth, if the truth would make you feel uncomfotable??

no. buts thats a different question. id rather live a happy comfortable life in a virtual world instead of Zion

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:55 PM
Korri

Zion gawd damn

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:57 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
Zion gawd damn

why?

you could be someone important - live a happy life!

embrace the matrix!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:01 PM
S_D_J
Bane

i choose the red pill, i don't like the idea of being controled by anything other than me, if there's a truth other than what lies before my eyes, i'd look for it. you may choose to not know anything, and live like a puppet your ignorant life, but i wouldn't.... plus, how else would you get to do the awesome things that you might do inside the matrix if you don't know you could?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:01 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by mook
why?

you could be someone important - live a happy life!

embrace the matrix!

i dont want to be a slave!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:02 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Mook> It’s the same difference. You ARE being lied to when you live in the Matrix, and live in ignorance. The system is with-holding the truth about the virtual world FROM you. They’re withholding the fact that you are a slave – a battery.
So if you chose The Matrix lie over the truth, you ARE choosing a comfortable lie to an uncomfortable truth.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:05 PM
66tom99

yeah, Imagine living with a bunch of hippies!

the machines went to all that trouble, it'd be a shame to waste it.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:05 PM
66tom99 is currently offline Click here to Send 66tom99 a Private Message Find more posts by 66tom99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote