KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Why Is The Smith/ Oracle So Much Stronger???

Why Is The Smith/ Oracle So Much Stronger???
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Why Is The Smith/ Oracle So Much Stronger???

I have some ideas about why that the oracle smith is so much stronge then the rst of the smiths.......but i want to here some of your opinions.......

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 05:56 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Because the Smith/Oracle has “The Eyes of the Oracle”, that is, the predictive ability. Notice in the final fight between Neo and Smith how hard it is for Neo to HIT Smith?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:17 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

thats why the other smiths arent taking part - he 'knows' he will win (or at least thinks he does)

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:30 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

sure, unfortunatly that does not explain his strength or his ability to fly...........

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 05:18 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

He is equal to Neo in power. The Oracle's eyes just give him the advantage of seeing into the future. Besides that, whatever powers Neo has, Smith has them too.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 06:25 PM
The One Part 2 is currently offline Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

So howcome when Neo could fly Smith couldnt until he absorbed oracle?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 07:14 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

SMITH IS NEO! EOS!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 07:42 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Because the Smith/Oracle has “The Eyes of the Oracle”, that is, the predictive ability. Notice in the final fight between Neo and Smith how hard it is for Neo to HIT Smith?

I hate to say it Omega- but no, I did not notice that.

Analysis of the fight reveals the complete opposite- Neo scores MANY blows on Smith who scores far fewer back.

Facts do not fit your statement.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 09:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Yes, Neo hits Smith ALOT of times - More so than Smith hitting Neo.. Even in the first few seconds. Will go and watch my *cough* pirate *cough* edition and see how many.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 09:41 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

post from Matrix Questions:

Neo is a hacker so his mind is able to find "holes" in the simulation as he were in a computer system and he manipulates the Matrix code to stop bullets and fly...Of course, as one of the oldest programs, The Oracle knows the entire Matrix programming, allowing Smith to do the same.

Msg without spellcheck

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Last edited by TOH on Nov 25th, 2003 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 10:29 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Ush> Okay, before I bore you to death with martial arts philosophy smile
Do you know of the term "striking from emptiness"??

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 11:50 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, but I really don't see that applying... any advantages Smith had in that fight were nothing to do with predictive power.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 11:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

with the people he took over he used their knowledge to use against neo...because it was a collective, he used the collective knowledge to put up a fight...it seems that he also took over other programs, so mabye the knowledge of flight was stumbled across....

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 11:58 PM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by Hegemon875
So howcome when Neo could fly Smith couldnt until he absorbed oracle?

When is it ever said that he couldn't fly before, just because he chose not to? Perhapts he didn't want to chase after Neo because he'd rather wait until the Matrix is his.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 11:59 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

He was trying to kill Neo and was winning he could've have easily killed him then and there but couldn't because he couldn't fly.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 12:35 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

never could smith have defeated neo as long as neo was trying, it was when he gave up that he was defeated...smith wasnt ever winning until neo began to realize that theres only one way to end it....

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 12:39 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Ush> But it DOES matter (at least that’s how I see it). We learn in Reloaded that Neo, too, has “the sight” now, that he can see The Matrix “without time.” However, the Oracle is far better at this than Neo.
I very much indeed see Smith’s new strength as emanating from the Oracle’s powers “her eyes”. However, Smith is NOT the Oracle, so even if you stick a new ability on an AI, it may not fully utilise the power, if it’s programming is not set for it.
I SAW Smith “winning” the fight. And Neo solely being able to “hit” Smith when striking from “emptiness”. In this context far closer to Nirvana than in the traditional Japanese sense of “Munen muso”, because Neo’s lost Trinity.

As for the physical powers of Smith. By the time the superbrawl takes place, Smith has infected almost all of – if not the entire – matrix. All agents, all exiles included. It’s not one single program that gave him this power, it’s the sum.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 02:56 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

The Oracle Smith was able to assmiulate all the powers he absorbed into him. Don't know if this is true, just a thought.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:52 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

good thoughts keep them coming.............

maybe after a while we can combine them to make a definitive answer.....

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 05:59 PM
droopy1592
I got a lemon on my head!

When Smith absorbed the Oracle, you saw all the "POWER" effect, like things blowing around and all the Smiths looking in awe while their hair gets blown off of their heads. You didn't see that when he took over any other program, that's why the smiths were looking so crazy. She was a very powerful and dangerous program, even more so than Merv. Smith assimilated all of her powers.

She was like a GOD, only 2nd in command to the Arch, or maybe even equal.

I'm sure that the Oracle, like the Architect, can rewrite the matrix anyway she see's fit. And that's what Smith did, once he took her over. He could change the matrix, and probably even change lines in his own program to give him the ability to match NEO.

The "EYES of the ORACLE" only pertain to the part of her program that is so predictive." But, if she is like a God, or an ADMINISTRATOR program, she could do what she wants, which is why smith could.

I'm sure if the Oracle wanted to fly, she could. She always knew what was going on, and what was going to happen, so why couldn't she fly?

She was always baking cookies. And you can bait your enemy when you appear weak.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 11:57 PM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote