KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Smith clones are NOT toys!

Smith clones are NOT toys!
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Angry Smith clones are NOT toys!

Okey dokey people,

First off, sorry if the thread title threw you - of course, none of you lot here are sick perverts, so none of you have to worry about what I just said laughing

Now, down to business: what the hell was up with those domino and pin bowling sound effects in the burly brawl?! It made it kinda farcial.

And yes - one of you will inevitably mention that this has been discussed a billion times. But c'mon - what was I supposed to put in the search engine: Ten pin bowling?!

I'm just a man - have some consideration!

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 08:53 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

Yeah I've never seen this discussed but I noticed it actually, wtf is up with that?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 09:26 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

I noticed. And what I think it amounts to is the Wach bro's, or the audio tech guys, having a wierd sense of humor...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 09:41 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

This is an embarassment of Roger Moore proportions! Remember his "hilarious" Tarzan cry in "Octopussy"? Or how he "ingeniously" snowboards to "California Surfers" in "A View To A Kill"?

THIS IS WORSE!!!

I NEVER thought I'd have to say that!!!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 09:44 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

You're either heavy on the sarcasm or light on the sense of humor, in anycase...

Who is Roger Moore?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 12:53 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
W. Lee Chojin
Just here...

Gabriel
Roger Moore first job - The Saint (TV Series back in the 60's)
The real fame came when he got the James Bond character after Sean Conery became old ... some people think he is better than Sean in Bond movies ...
A few years ago he appears in a Van Damme movie. smile

The Usual Suspects - Verbal Kint

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 03:55 AM
W. Lee Chojin is currently offline Click here to Send W. Lee Chojin a Private Message Find more posts by W. Lee Chojin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

messed They ARE toys mad (but for Neo) smile

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 07:29 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

The scene already looked fake enough with the CG and to top it off they gave it wierd sound effects. I don't understand why they went to CG halfway through the fight, all the live action looked more difficult then the CG. Reeves does all this amazing action that makes me squirt pee every time I see, then he jumps in the air and does a spin and it's CG, what's with that.

By the way I already commented on that on the Favorite Moments thread, but I don't think anyone has gone into detail with it.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 09:39 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

I'm sorry, but I need to go on about the CG. It is a very useful tool to use in very faint way. For example, in fast-cuts, environment,vehicles, but it should never be in a fixed shot or a long shot when it deals with humans. It will never look right, like halfway through the 100 smith fight, the ideas for the fight were cool, but they would have looked way better live action. And the slow-mo punch Neo gave to Smith, that was just bad, or the little mid-air flex that Smith did, why did they do that in CG, it just doesn't make sense. The CG during the Chase scene in reloaded looked awesome, but that was dealing with enviroment and vehicles which is doable. There is just something about CGI that will always look to animated or to perfect to be believable and I don't think it should be used in large amounts untill they get it right. It just puts me right out of the movie, because the only thing I can think about is how fake it looks.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 09:51 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

On the subject of the wierd sound affects, did any of you notice (in the first CG bit with the pole, the poles concrete when it was pulled out of the round was CG but anyway..) When he hits one of the Smiths in the air, he makes a comical "ahhhhhhh" when he gets hit in the air, why would he do that, he's an unfeeling computer program, why would he yell in worry?

You wanna know why, all these unrealistic things happen? Because its a film, if you were to go into detail about the unrealistic things in these films, then how about the concept of the film itself, there is no way you could jab/remove a spike from the brain without killing yourself (I can hear some of you saying "but thats because they were grown to accomodate the spike" but no, if that were true then you wouldn't live after having it removed would you?

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that its a film, not reality so why expect it to be otherwise? Like Gabriel said, it was probably the Wachowskis asserting their sense of humor in an already unrealistic fight scene.

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:20 AM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

This may sound like I'm defending the film, but it is very possible to have something jabbed between your head and not only live from it, but have full function of your brain especially since it is between the two lobes. Now, if it were jabbed into a lobe then we have a problem, but even then it is possible to live. This is just fact, the Matrix movies are still very unreal. And I do have a sense of humor I would have just enjoyed the fight more if they would have taken out the huge CG scenes and the silly sound effects which aided in making the fight seem more fake. I'm mean, I want to see Reeves pick up Hugo and swing him around like a rag doll and I think the W. brothers and their crew could have found a way to do that.

I didn't know the concrete breaking was CGI which proves that they should stick to environment and things that are easy to imitate.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:39 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Please - no more "It's a film, get used to it!" barbs; this is something that needs to be addressed. Is there a deeper meaning? Was it just stoopid? Whatever it was, it kinda ruined the scene for me: remember in "The Man With The Golden Gun" there was that stupid whistle noise when the car did a 360 flip? IT RUINED THE SCENE, DIDN'T IT? Same deal here

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:44 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote:
Originally posted by GABRIEL05
You're either heavy on the sarcasm or light on the sense of humor, in anycase...

Who is Roger Moore?

Oh I'm sarcasm heavy. And who's roger moore? Where have you BEEN for the last, uh, EVER?

I apologise - I was just jk. He was James Bond no.3

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:46 AM
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Nice bit of fact there Lag, I meant when he first pulled the pole out of the ground, that was CG concrete.

But on the subject of the unreal plot, if we were really plugged into a computer system, how would we know, the people inside the matrix didn't so why would we know the difference?

Whatever you do DON'T try to fly, jump from building to building or punch through walls, and if you see an Agent, you do what you'd do if you really did see your best mate turn into a dude in a suit, shit yourself. :P

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:46 AM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

I see your point Ahnold, at the end of the day its still a film tho :P BUT.....it does ruin whatever sense of realism you're trying to put across, I actually found it amusing watching about 50 Smiths fall over to the sound of ten pin bowling.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:49 AM
Lag

Yeah, I found it amusing as well, but that's not what I wanted to find. I know it's just a movie, but still.

Daedalus>That's the concete I thought you were talking about and I didn't know it was CG. Does it look fake or did you find that out somehow.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:13 AM
Korri

laughing *just had vision of Neo and Smiddy playing 10 pin bowling*

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:56 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i was actually surprised myself with the extensive use CG in the burly brawl... there were definitely some scenes there that could've been done in live action, like neo jumping from one smith to another... and the first time they showed neo doing his superman thing... i can't believe they used CG for that simple scene... however, some of those stunts were physically impossible, like neo spinning like helicopter blades with the stick... or neo hitting smith with the stick and sends him flying off... and the sound effects... what the hell What the f**k? ... and the wussy "aaahh" sounds he makes... take it like a man, smiddy mad ...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 04:45 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

When I saw this thread "Smith clones are NOT toys!" it just reminded me the CG in the burly brawl...Ok, Smith clones are not toys but Neo CG is a video game character! I was only missing the joystick to control Neo and do some moves like a "Standing Achilles Hold" or a "Shaolin Spin Kick"...and who knows, a Fatality?

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 05:11 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

quote:
were definitely some scenes there that could've been done in live action, like neo jumping from one smith to another

Are you mad? Seriously, do you really think that could be done live action?

As to the sound effects and realism, this IS the Matrix we are talking about here. A computer generated dream world. A place where people can fly and dodge bullets.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 07:16 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote