KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Enter the Matrix - Groundbreaking Videogame or wasted effort?

Enter The Matrix Good or Bad?
This poll is closed.
Yeah, it was good 7 53.85%
It was okay I guess, but a little flawed 1 7.69%
Nah, it sucked 5 38.46%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Enter the Matrix - Groundbreaking Videogame or wasted effort?
Started by: Thael

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Enter the Matrix - Groundbreaking Videogame or wasted effort?

I just wanted some oppinions from ETM, I personally thought it was a waste of time, it did have its moments, but those moments were few and far between.

The only bit I liked were the cinematics really, the game was far too easy and they wasted alot of potential from the hacking, something that looked a bit funny were some of the character models, (the Agents especially, they kinda had wierd arms and if you got a small distance away, this is the same with all models, the detail would deplete and it would look rather shite),

Hopefully, The Matrix Online will be better.

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 12:02 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Enjoyable, but fundamentally flawed

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 01:32 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

They aleast had some good ideas. There is no other videogame loke this one.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 02:57 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Well there is (I'm gonng get hung by you guys for saying this) but I prefered the Max Payne games, you seemed to have alot more freedom in these and it didn't feel like a glorified beat 'em up, ETM made you feel like you were on rails too, it didn't have enough scale for my liking.

And I prefer the bullet time in Max Payne as well, mind you I haven't seen any game with a combat system as slick as ETM I will give it that.

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 03:01 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

it was a big disappointment. they need more fighting moves and more guns. They should have made a video game that follows the movies story. It would have been more fun if you could have been neo and were able to fight in the burly brawl and superbrawl.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 03:03 PM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

The problem with that is the fact that events that happen to Neo wouldn't make a good gaming experience, plus if you think about it the game would be far to easy because Neo is more or less invincible.

It would've been nice to have the burly/superbrawl as mini games in the training construct tho.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 03:05 PM
S_D_J
Bane

i liked the game, it has its moments, but it had its flaws too. i don't think it was a waste of time, its a great idea, a paralel story with the movie, it when along nicely. It could've been better though

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 03:21 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

i havent played it yet...can u people tell me if it was good
(remember i m a fan of RPGs and i love games like final fantasy 8 and 10)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 03:23 PM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

ETM is action game, is good, i liked it, there aren't many cool moves, but its still the matrix. If you like the matrix ou would like the game.

it's completly different than an RPG game.. especially FF

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 03:33 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

I had a great time playing ETM.
I don't have the time to play a gigazillion video/PC/console games, so I am by no means an expert on "games".
But I was immensely entertained, jumped, cheered, shook my X-box controller, yelled when the agent appeared and thought it was fun to play in the Matrix Universe.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 04:42 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It was typical at best, it would have gotten no attention were it not set in the matrix universe.

Max Payne does the same thing, but better.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 06:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

It was good especially playing As Ghost.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 06:54 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

BackFire>
i remember Max Payne had good graphics. Does ETM have?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 07:27 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

ETM has Max Payne STYLE graphics in terms of the photo-digitized texures but the character models can look a bit wierd in certain places (i.e. The Agent's arms).

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:23 AM
Mistique

Never played it no expression

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:36 AM
Mistique is currently offline Click here to Send Mistique a Private Message Find more posts by Mistique Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Max Payne's graphics are better.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Max Payne seemed more real, especially MP2 I preferred it over ETM.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:35 AM
Lag

I loved the game, besides any of the driving parts, although it was cool to be shot at by the Twins. I consider myself a "gamer"(definition: someone who has no life past friends, fun, and video games.) and I enjoyed this game a lot. I do disagree with the "I wish it had more moves" because it does have a variety of moves that you have to figure out, but other than that I agree with almost everybody here. It ties in the movies, it has good action , and it's fun to be in the Matrix Universe. It has it's faults, but it seems like it was purely made as a movie experience and I loved it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 11:06 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LarryTheArch
Restricted

Account Restricted

The game was too easy even on hard, to easy to beat the crap out of agents and to deal with them, and too easy to fall off the plane (for me anyway). Ghost kicked ass, but it was fun playing Niobe.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:30 PM
LarryTheArch is currently offline Click here to Send LarryTheArch a Private Message Find more posts by LarryTheArch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote