KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Is there a significance to rain in the Matrix? (Re-opened)

Is the a significance to rain in the Matrix?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 14 60.87%
Maybe 5 21.74%
Definitley not 1 4.35%
No, it's just there to make neo look good 3 13.04%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Is there a significance to rain in the Matrix? (Re-opened)
Started by: Matrix Overload

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Matrix Overload

Question Is there a significance to rain in the Matrix? (Re-opened)

I just opened this so people could vote in the pole again.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 03:33 PM
Matrix Overload is currently offline Click here to Send Matrix Overload a Private Message Find more posts by Matrix Overload Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

I say yes -

the matrix code was originally concieved to look like rain. (from the making of matrix revoultions).
this can be seen in various places:

M1 - the water from the window washers in neos boss' office (neo keeps looking at it)
M1 -the windows of the car when neo is 'de-bugged' by trinity
M1 -the matrix code on the screens on board the ship.

and as "Matrix Overload" said>I noticed rainstorms whenever you are meeting someone important. When neo meets Morpheus in M1, it's raining. When neo meets up with Smith in M3, it's rainin, etc.

Last edited by mook on Nov 28th, 2003 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 04:28 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i said its just there to make Neo look good....not that he needs rain to do that angel

but i think there is probably a reason for it

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 05:13 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matrix Overload

lol

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 06:25 PM
Matrix Overload is currently offline Click here to Send Matrix Overload a Private Message Find more posts by Matrix Overload Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matrix Overload

i knew you would choose that one

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 06:28 PM
Korri

angel how did u guess?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 06:48 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Modem

I do believe that maybe the rains there not just for the Matrix code thing but is rain regarded as good by many appart from Gardeners? No would be the answer so it could mean either that or the fact that it was there for effect

The Darkness is spreading

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 07:00 PM
Modem is currently offline Click here to Send Modem a Private Message Find more posts by Modem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matrix Overload

It could be there just for effect, but if so, then why do it so much? It really makes the effect get old. Isn't rain a symbol of rebirth or something like that, and in M1 neo kinda get's "reborn" when he gets out of the matrix.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:07 PM
Korri

who else voted for Neo? blink

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 05:27 PM
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
who else voted for Neo? blink

no one - its just you that is obsessed with him... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 05:29 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

love oh yeah

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 05:38 PM
Matrix Overload

Neo's cool, but Trinity is so much cooler love

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 09:02 PM
Matrix Overload

and i'm cooler too beer

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 09:03 PM
Sifer

Representation of both beginning and end in my opinion.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 11:26 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by mook
no one - its just you that is obsessed with him... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nah Nah! I voted for him too! yes

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 12:54 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

your all wrong roll eyes (sarcastic)

its to make SMITH look good

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 01:35 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matrix Overload

What? Smith isn't supposed to look "good", maybe to make him look cool but not "good".

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 03:35 PM
SetoKaiba
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have to say yes because it is supposed to be the final fight like it is supposed to be memorable and it sets the fight diferent from all the other fights they have had plus all great fights happen in the rain or water like in undercover brother the two chicks in the shower you cant say that is not great yes thumb up I mean it makes you want to get up and dance for joy Happy Dance

Architect: The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you ineradicably remain human. Ergo, concededly, vis-a-vis-- You know what? I have no idea what the hell I’m saying... I just thought it would make me sound cool...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 04:32 PM
SetoKaiba is currently offline Click here to Send SetoKaiba a Private Message Find more posts by SetoKaiba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by Verity
Nah Nah! I voted for him too! yes

maniac! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 05:11 PM
Matrix Overload

lol

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 05:59 PM