KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Do You Hear That Mr. Anderson...?

Do You Hear That Mr. Anderson...?
Started by: Darkweaver

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkweaver
Frobozz Magic Avatar Co.

Do You Hear That Mr. Anderson...?

... That is the sound of waning interest, it is the sound of Matrix hype fading into the past.

Well, do you think now that the movies are finished that interest substanitally drop. I realize it's probably a pretty obvious question given the fact the trilogy has ended, but I've already noticed signifigantly less interest in the franchise. I suppose when Revolutions is released on DVD and the online game comes out they'll be a bit of a peak. But unlike Star Wars, I don't think we'll see much of an "expanded universe" so-to-speak. With SW also, many knew or at least were expecting the prequels.

I'm just curious what your thoughts are on this and if you've felt at least somewhat diminished interest in the franchise as a whole.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 03:45 AM
Darkweaver is currently offline Click here to Send Darkweaver a Private Message Find more posts by Darkweaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

I know I have a diminished intrest in Matrix universe. But you never know, the game and the DVD or what not might boost it back up!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:08 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Always a possibility.

But yes, like everything, it has been fading. Especially since Revolutions has been out for a month or so.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 06:18 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is indeed a big question mark over the future of the franchise that only time will tell about.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Nope, no diminishing effects in my book. The effects will live on in my memory and that is all that matters. So "believe" what you want wink

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:06 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

While the movie have ended, there is still more to discuss. The movie has been left open and there could be more.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:30 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gaz9

I think that the matrix is not over, it will make a come back in 20 years, when it all kicks off again between the machines, the wachowski's will wait for some unberleavable tech to come out and start over again

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 10:23 PM
gaz9 is currently offline Click here to Send gaz9 a Private Message Find more posts by gaz9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Here's what might happen...
"Hey, kids. You ever here about the matrix? It's about this guy,he was real cool. Just like superman. And...
Kid: Man my great-grandpa's nuts. He used to watch those stupid movies. There's tons of problems with it. The effects are cheap. How doe those guys move so fast. There's not enough nudity.
Kid #2: What about those LAME catch phrases like "There is no spoon. Or"It is inevitable."
Old man:BUt KIds! The matrix is a timeless classic!
Kids:NAHHHHHHHH! REALLLYYYY?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:16 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

P.s.:It be sad to watch the matrix fall that way.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:17 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ch0g0nda
Captain

Where's one of those "i'm with stupid" emoticons when you need em =\

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:45 PM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well I think M1 as a stand alone film with a bit more unanswered questions in it would have kept the interest of the big public better than the triology

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 12:11 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

no i don't think so, because I became even more interested with reloaded i'm big fan of, the matrix just got me into it, reloaded kept me, and as soon as i see revolutions i'll be complete...

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 01:47 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote