KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Revolutions Vs. ROTK

Revolutions Vs. ROTK
Started by: Lag

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lag

Revolutions Vs. ROTK

I'm a little afraid to say it, but Return of the King was a better ending to a trilogy then Revolutions. Granted the philosophy was still there in Revo., but Rotk in my opinion was way more triumphant. It may not have been as "deep" in meaning as Revo., but it made up for it in emotion and character development. Now, on the other hand I still think The Matrix is a better trilogy than Lord of the Rings, barely, just because it made me think more and the answers weren't made immediatly ready to me and I had to search for them, I enjoyed that. I just wish The Matrix would have spent a little more time on the characters, which I think they could have done by making a movie of the time between M1 and M2 when Neo and the crew were saving and freeing people. In the end I cared more about the story and only the very Main characters and not enough of Zion or the human race, while in LOTR I cared for just about every character, including Golum.

Last edited by Lag on Dec 18th, 2003 at 07:39 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 07:36 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysticJ

Not to mention the action. The action in Reloaded was better than M1. The Lord of The Rings has done a good job in pushing it further and further. The battle for the kings castle is nothing short of AMAZINGLY INCREDIBLE. Whereas the Super Brawl just left you like, what the hell.

Anyone think if Hugo is taking a cut from the back end of both of these that he'll take us all out to dinner? Being in two of the best trilogies ever has to pay well.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:27 PM
MysticJ is currently offline Click here to Send MysticJ a Private Message Find more posts by MysticJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARKVIRUS

There is no comparison LOTR is the trilogy that has been etched in stone as film making history. The matirx movies were heading that way until revolutions fell short. Im sorry to say but LOTR and matrix are in two different catagories and only one reigns supreme.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:39 PM
DARKVIRUS is currently offline Click here to Send DARKVIRUS a Private Message Find more posts by DARKVIRUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

You can't compare the two. Completely different genres and everything, different films. The only thing they have in common is they're both ends to trilogies. Please stop talking about this... there's no way to judge either way.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 07:46 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Oh no! not another Matrix vs. LOTR thead! There are already a bunch of them in other forums can we just stick to ONE of them???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 08:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Close?
Merge?
Move?

There are plenty of these throughout the forums. No need for another.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 08:30 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

I don't mean to offend any of you, even though I did expect this reaction,I'm just saying that after seeing Return of the King it delivered more than Revolutions. I still enjoyed the ride of the matrix more,but when I left the theatre after seeing Rotk I felt more rewarded. There just needed to be more character development. For example, when the chick that was helping Links woman died I couldn't have cared less, or the crew that died from the sentinels bomb had no effect on me, Trinity's death on the other hand was sad, but there just needed to be more of that.

I know it's kind of pointless to bring this subject up, but when I see a movie that good I just wish Revolutions could have been more like it. Once again I'm sorry to have offended anyone.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 12:34 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

As a whole, Lord of the Rings are much more unique, and well made.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 01:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Yes, The Return of the King was absolutely brilliant!....But why compare? They are totally different, and I don't think it's fair to do so! I have a place in my heart for both! smile

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 01:47 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

difference for me is I cared more for Neo and Trin dying in Rev than I did with others in ROTK. I was just sad at the end of ROTK where as with Rev. I actually cried when Trin and Neo died, and cried at the end of the movie. The Matrix hold a closer space in my heart than LOTR does. Don't get me wrong I love LOTR but Matrix is all me!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 03:36 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
enya

yeah but not alot of people died in ROTK so you cant really compare them on the deaths that they had as matrix had two main characters die

hey to all the people on the kmc LOTRs forum

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 04:15 PM
enya is currently offline Click here to Send enya a Private Message Find more posts by enya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Exactly! That's why it's pointless to compare these two! Can't we close this thing? confused

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 04:21 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARKVIRUS

As I stated before there is no comparison so I dont know why some ppl keep pusing the subject. The matrix movies range from excellent to mediocre the lotr trilogy is excellent throughout the entire run.

They are also two different stories and should not be compared. Omega please do us all a favor and close this topic it really is meaningless.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 04:47 PM
DARKVIRUS is currently offline Click here to Send DARKVIRUS a Private Message Find more posts by DARKVIRUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Revolutions all the way!!!!!!!! cool big grin cool big grin big grin cool

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 07:58 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ice_Lightningo3
Operator

When I went to see Revolutions..by the end of it I was bored and just waiting for the end fight between Smith and Neo...ROTK..it gripped me all the way and I could if sit there for a further 3 hours. I'm just saying this on a enjoyment factor and nothing more. I enjoyed ROTK a lot more..soz

FINISH THE FIGHT

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 11:11 PM
Ice_Lightningo3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ice_Lightningo3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ice_Lightningo3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Comparing an epic fantasy movie with a dystopian cyberpunk story, is like trying to compare… ehrm… Xmen with the The Wizard of Oz. Totally different genres. Both LotR and Matrix are movie-making history in their own ways, both are trilogies (both feature Hugo Weaving big grin), but after that, you cannot really compare the two.
No one had invented the cyberpunk genre when good old Tolkien sat down and wrote Lord of the Rings. And as for “The Matrix Revolutions” and “Return of the King” even the messages in the stories are of a completely different category. LotR doesn’t deal with reality, and what that IS, which plays a pivotal role in the Matrix Universe. Matrix doesn’t have a symbol of all-consuming evil and power as the Ring.

Both were GREAT ends to great trilogies. One dark, philosophical and leaving me wondering like on a bleak February morning, when light is just beginning to return. The other triumphant and fantasy all the way, leaving no loose ends, wrapping up everything and not leaving me with anything MORE to contemplate, more like I was sailing away from Lothlorien.

I’ll never be a great a LotR-fan as I will be a fan of The Matrix Universe. Not that LotR is in any way bad, but the Matrix is a more modern, darker and more mysterious/philosophical fantasy and that is simply more to my taste.

And since the majority wants this closed…

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 01:24 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote