KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The books Keanu had to read before shooting matrix

The books Keanu had to read before shooting matrix
Started by: dragonpisces272

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

The books Keanu had to read before shooting matrix

okay, I'll try not to swerve too off topic this time laughing
Book one:

Attachment: 113evolutionary_psychology-med.jpg
This has been downloaded 101 time(s).

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 06:43 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jetzhere101
i can feel it

he was also asked to read
out of control -Kevin Kelly
Simulacra and Simulation-Jean Baudrillard

the second book was shown in m1 when neo takes out the cd and gives it to the person at the door.......

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 07:41 AM
jetzhere101 is currently offline Click here to Send jetzhere101 a Private Message Find more posts by jetzhere101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

yeah, i meant to post it but logged off

Attachment: 113out_of_control-med.jpg
This has been downloaded 86 time(s).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 08:49 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

third

Attachment: 113simulacra_simulation-med.jpg
This has been downloaded 89 time(s).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 08:49 AM
Korri

smile

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 05:10 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thomas Anderson

Has anyone read any of them?
Would you recommend them?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 05:21 PM
Thomas Anderson is currently offline Click here to Send Thomas Anderson a Private Message Find more posts by Thomas Anderson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

lol i dont read much

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 05:30 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

No way. too complicated for my bloodlust brain.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 09:43 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jetzhere101
i can feel it

i am gonna read simulcra and simulation and i have to read evolutionary psychology as i am studying psycho///////big grin

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 09:48 AM
jetzhere101 is currently offline Click here to Send jetzhere101 a Private Message Find more posts by jetzhere101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BioLogos

Simulacra and Simulation is heavy going but lays the philosophical groundwork for "The Matrix". The phrase "Desert of the Real" comes from this book. If you don't feel like reading it (I confess I didn't get very far), you can get a good idea of what it is trying to say by just doing a Google search on the title and finding discussions of it. If you include the word "Matrix" in the search, you can find discussions specifically relating the book and movie.

I'm not familiar with this PARTICULAR evolutionary psychology book, but (as one might expect) this field in general deals with the evolutionary basis for human behavior. This is important for understanding The Matrix for (at least) two reasons: First, this field tries to understand the nature of perception -- i.e., how we "see" what we "see". It also studies how our ability to perceive the world is limited by our evolutionary history (one simple example is that many fish can perceive electromagnetic fields but we can't). These ideas are important to understanding "The Matrix" because they explain how manipulation of the electrical signals in our brains (occurring while being jacked in) could make us believe that a simulated world was real.

A second reason that evolutionary psychology is important to understanding The Matrix is that impinges directly on the question of "free choice" -- perhaps we THINK we are making free choices, but really, the chemistry of our bodies and brains determines how we respond to things happening in the outside world. "Cause and effect" -- remember how the Merovingian was manipulating the woman in the restaurant?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 01:41 PM
BioLogos is currently offline Click here to Send BioLogos a Private Message Find more posts by BioLogos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

oh okayyy...that gives me a view of what the books are about. But I tried to find these books in my nearest bookstore but couldnt find them

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 08:58 AM
Korri

id like to read Keanu's book laughing

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:27 PM