KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Animatrix - hidden face? and question

Animatrix - hidden face? and question
Started by: mook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mook

Animatrix - hidden face? and question

1.) In 'the second renaissance part 2' their is a shot of a gunboat fairly close to the start. Am i imagining it or does the gun turret thing look like a large robot face?
(it reminded me of a 2000ad/judge dread character but cant remember name - ABC robot perhaps?!)

2.) Towards the end of 'the second renaissance part 2' just after the fly is squashed in the UN building there is a shot of a Painting on the wall.

does anyone know if this is a real painting/what it means/if it is relevant to the story?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:04 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I'll haveta go watch it...

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 03:16 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sum1butno1
Transient being

Actually, the fly squashing is in Part I.
As I recall, on the Director's commentary on the DVD, they said they were just trying to re-create it as accurately as possible, so I think that it is a painting in the actual UN room.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 02:29 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by sum1butno1
Actually, the fly squashing is in Part I.
As I recall, on the Director's commentary on the DVD, they said they were just trying to re-create it as accurately as possible, so I think that it is a painting in the actual UN room.

yeah you are right - part 1.

so i guess its just the painting in the UN... however they do make a point of showing it to you so would be interesting to see waht the painting is about.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 12:54 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

also i noticed that there is references to Egyptian slavery and the building of the pyramids at the start of The Second Renaissance Part 1 with the robots building pyramid shaped buildings, pulling blocks up slopes in the same way we are told it happened in Egyptian times as well as the use of whips etc.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 01:06 PM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

yup, the matrix itself has many references to many things, and surprisingly, i didnt think of that onesmile

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 07:16 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

The fly is squashed in Part I. As the camera pulls back, what you see is not a picture, but a sculpture. It is a copy of the UN seal. Attached is what it looks like in real life.

http://www.un.org/av/photo/ga/images/une2459.jpg

Attachment: une2459.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 05:55 AM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by tshirt
The fly is squashed in Part I. As the camera pulls back, what you see is not a picture, but a sculpture. It is a copy of the UN seal. Attached is what it looks like in real life.

http://www.un.org/av/photo/ga/images/une2459.jpg

good photo but youve missed my point.
after the fly is killed on the UN seal they show a picture/painting.

i want to know if anyone knows if this is a real painting/what it means/if it is relevant to the story? etc etc

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:45 PM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

i dont think it is, but i dont know much about it, but good thinkin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 03:53 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sum1butno1
Transient being

But how about the face? Anyone know what mook's talking about? I've never seen any of the movies he mentioned.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 03:13 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote