KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Bound --> Matrix

Bound --> Matrix
Started by: mook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mook

Bound --> Matrix

The W.Bros wrote and directed Bound AFTER they had written the Matrix trilogy to prove they could direct etc.

Therefore im wondering if anyone has Bound and has noticed any similarities in camera work/presentation etc or forward referencing to the Matrix...?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:18 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chapel

no real foreshadowing to the matrix but you can definitely tell its a Wachowski Bros film.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 11:32 PM
Chapel is currently offline Click here to Send Chapel a Private Message Find more posts by Chapel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lil Seraph

Hey did the Wackowski's write the matrix cuz i heard they bought a japanese comic that was the basis for the matrix it pretty much was the matrix. In one of the makings it says they knew they had bought something big but they didn't know wat it was.

"Hilary Duff eek!, Kirsten Kreuk, Christina Milian, Natalie Portman, and Keira Knightly are the Hottest!" - Lil Seraph

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 11:20 AM
Lil Seraph is currently offline Click here to Send Lil Seraph a Private Message Find more posts by Lil Seraph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Yes, they did write the Matrix with inspiration coming from MANY different sources including movies such as:

Ghost in the Shell
Terminator
Akira
Transformers

Books were a big part in the creation of it:

Baudrillard - Simulcra & Simulation

But there are too many allegorical references in the Matrix to list them. How deep does the Rabbit hole really go? It's up to you to keep digging smile

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:26 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

DBZ played a role in the fight-chematics (im pretty sure thats the right word choice..sumone correct me) as viewed in #3
also, about a million other things played into it...not jus anime n manga.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 01:59 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

i hvaent seen bound, wuts it about? where can i find it?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 03:06 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

At your local Blockbuster....

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 03:16 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

local Blockbuster?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 03:52 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by realworlddreams
i hvaent seen bound, wuts it about? where can i find it?

its a story about a mafia guy (who also plays cypher) whos wife starts a lesbian affair with the girl next door and then they decide to steal from the mob.

its a good film.

should be on dvd/video - look around.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 12:23 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

um...is it like, safe to watch w/parents? wuts it rated?
kinda hard to explain lesbos to a 16 yr olds parents.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 03:00 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by The Alpha
local Blockbuster?

A place where you rent movies... in the U.S....

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 03:11 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sum1butno1
Transient being

quote:
Originally posted by Lil Seraph
In one of the makings it says they knew they had bought something big but they didn't know wat it was.

Actually, in Revisited they said that the Warner Bros rep asked them to explain it to them because they said "Okay, we know we bought something cool. We're not really sure what it is."

Actually though, there was some woman that claimed the Wachowskis stole her script. What was her name? Sophia Stewart? But yeah, I saw part of her script. No resemblance.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 02:34 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by realworlddreams
um...is it like, safe to watch w/parents? wuts it rated?
kinda hard to explain lesbos to a 16 yr olds parents.

i wouldnt watch it with my parents if i was 16...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 01:10 PM
mook

question:How would you say Bound and the Matrix are similar?

WachowskiBros: "Both films examine the idea of an individual searching for their true self while attempting to escape the box that we often make of our lives"

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 01:11 PM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

LOL, bound is a great movie, Joe Pantiliono is a ***laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 04:11 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilith66
HEED THE WORDS

TO sum1butno1,
I'M SURE U NOW KNOW THAT YOUR BOYS ARE PLAGIRISTS OF THE WORST KIND AND THEY WILL SUFFER!!!
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
PLUS A SISTA IS GETTING ALL THE KIZZASH!!!! AND SHE DESERVES EVERY CENT!!!! laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 02:17 AM
lilith66 is currently offline Click here to Send lilith66 a Private Message Find more posts by lilith66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Hmmm... right....

Bound is a good flick. Some of the camera shots let you know it was a Wachowski film.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 08:46 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

quote:
Originally posted by lilith66
TO sum1butno1,
I'M SURE U NOW KNOW THAT YOUR BOYS ARE PLAGIRISTS OF THE WORST KIND AND THEY WILL SUFFER!!!
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
PLUS A SISTA IS GETTING ALL THE KIZZASH!!!! AND SHE DESERVES EVERY CENT!!!! laughing laughing laughing

why dont you make a sophie's devotion corner thread?

nobody really cares about wachowski's being so called thieves coz everybody likes the matrix in here hence they like wachowski's work. Most of them anyways...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:18 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
toldyaw

Could it be possible that she wrote a story that influenced the W brothers to make the Matrix. I mean one can read steal anothers idea.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 08:40 AM
toldyaw is currently offline Click here to Send toldyaw a Private Message Find more posts by toldyaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Have you ever thought of an idea only to find it's been done already or something similar? I had my own Million Dollar Man and Underworld-type ideas. Then I found out about Million Dollar man and Underworld came out.

Also, can you say that no two ideas are at all similar?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 03:59 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote