KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Time for a good 'ole debate

Time for a good 'ole debate
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Arrow Time for a good 'ole debate

Alright, this forum has gotten really, _really_ slow...We need to have a good debate about the Matrix, Animatrix, etc. I haven't any idea what this debate should be about, however, but i know we need one. So, this thread is for debate topics. When we come up with a good debate, we shall start another thread for that debate. So, ideas...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 06:37 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

have we setelled on why link couldn't see neo after his visit to mobil ave?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 09:10 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

oh oh i have one i have one!

should a new "good" Smith programme be created to help the cookie baking Industry?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 12:03 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i like Korri's better...

no, um...i don't know if we settled on why Link couldn't see Neo...what was the argument?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 05:47 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

quote:
Originally posted by whatshisface
have we setelled on why link couldn't see neo after his visit to mobil ave?

Neo technically wasn't in the Matrix. He was in a half-way point. The monitor isn't connected to the half-way point, so Link can't see him.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 07:37 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by mors823
Neo technically wasn't in the Matrix. He was in a half-way point. The monitor isn't connected to the half-way point, so Link can't see him.

but link still cannot see him when he was in the car drving with the crew to go see the oracle. it has been said that mobil ave cloaked neo when he got there, but the thing is trinity went there herself to retrieve neo from mobil ave.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 09:17 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

There was no cloaking. Neo wasn't plugged into the matrix, therefore Link couldn't see him. It would be like trying to use your mouse when it wasn't plugged into your computer.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 09:21 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

that could be... but remember they jacked him out old school, so he had to be plugged. and i don't think link could've put neo in the chair by himself. so i'm thinking before morph and trin hacked in, neo was already jacked in but not connected (does that make sense?).

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 09:30 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, that doesn't make sense. When Neo jacked into the Matrix, he was standing in the tunnel watching 5 Sentinels fly towards him. His mind touched the mainframe, in a wireless way, so instead of him being jacked in, he is wirelessly connected. However, there are not supposed to be any wireless connections, so the Matrix code will show that there is, indeed something there, kinda like a placeholder bit in a byte, but since he is not connected to the Matrix in a hardline, direct physical connection, he is not 'seen'. All while Neo was in the Mobile Ave., he was on the table, being watched by the nurse. She even said it looked like Neo was plugged in, which scared them because he WASN'T plugged in. Also, remember that there were two crews on the Hammer, when Neo was jacked out. There was the crew of the Hammer, plus Morpheus and Trinity, because, remember, they jacked out while Neo went to see the New shell of the Oracle. Thus, they moved Neo's body into a chair, plugged him in, and when Neo was ready to jack out, he went to a hardline, Link made the call, Neo picked up, and Link routed Neo's mind into his body.

so, in essence, you said the exact opposite. You said he was jacked in but not connected, when in fact he was connected but not jacked in.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 10:36 PM
super pr*xy

doh, forgot about the other crew... i have to watch my dvd asap.

and what i meant by the jacked in thing is this...

neo was wirelessly connected to the matrix, right? and theoretically, he couldn't disconnect that same way. so when he was in the chair he was disconnected until he brought back into the matrix which made him plugged in old school style, therefor enabling link to jack neo out old school style.

i am having the hardest time explaining this. that's probably why i am interpreted wrong. but what i meant was the "neo jacking out" part on jedih's post... which makes this post utterly confusing and useless... and pointlessly made my own head hurt.

Last edited by super pr*xy on Apr 7th, 2004 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 10:53 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

so i said what you meant? is that what you mean?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 10:57 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Heh, Bane's head wasn't really "chopped" off by Neo, just the Smith image. Debate closed from November stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 11:02 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
so i said what you meant? is that what you mean?

yes you did...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 03:12 AM
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
Heh, Bane's head wasn't really "chopped" off by Neo, just the Smith image. Debate closed from November stick out tongue

blink yeah..

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 10:55 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Whathisface> No, we never figured out why Link and co. couldn’t see Neo in the Matrix after Trinity got him out from Mobil Ave. I just had the pelasure of watching Revos on DVD last night, and Link says “We saw SOMETHING.” Or “We saw something weird.”
I agree with JediHDM. Since Neo was connected, but not jacked in, the rebels couldn’t track him or recognise his code. It’s different from the rebels not being able to find him in the very beginning of Revolutions, because at that point in time Neo wasn’t even in the Matrix. When Trin had got him out from Mobil Ave, the rebels STILL couldn’t see Neos code, but they could see SOMETHING.

I noticed something else watching Revo’s last night. The golden sentinel that we debated endlessly. I think I can see exactly what happened now. We more or less agreed the sentinel attacked Neo THROUGH the Source. Why didn’t the machines do that before? Because they hadn’t really figured out what was happening. The end of Reloaded probably confused the machines just as much as it did us back last May big grin
Neos sudden use of his Source-connection was too much, and his RSI actually tried to reach the Source wirelessly because he wasn’t ready to use “that power”. A strange kind of metaphorical death – if you like. Seek the “creator” so to speak. But instead Neo ended up in a place where neither humans nor machines could find him.
Anyways… Neo doesn’t use the Source connection again before he and Trin flies towards 01. And the golden sentinel happens RIGHT after he’s blasted the smartbombs out of the way. NOW the machines realise what he’s doing and NOW they start attacking him through the Source.
WHY didn’t I notice that earlier? smile

Another thing: If the Architect balances the equation and the Oracle unbalances the equation… WHAT exactly does that mean? Has the Oracle, too, gone through countless reloads of the Matrix trying endlessly to unbalance things? What for? What kind of program is she – aside from a big overview kind of thing? Has she lost her omnipotency now, that she cannot look past the choice she doesn’t understand? Did she have to loose it to end the war?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 11:10 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega

Another thing: If the Architect balances the equation and the Oracle unbalances the equation… WHAT exactly does that mean? Has the Oracle, too, gone through countless reloads of the Matrix trying endlessly to unbalance things? What for? What kind of program is she – aside from a big overview kind of thing? Has she lost her omnipotency now, that she cannot look past the choice she doesn’t understand? Did she have to loose it to end the war?

The Architect's job is to keep order in the Matrix. The Matrix is just one super-huge program. The basics behind programs are mathmatical equations. That's why he wants to balance the equation. To keep the program running smoothly.
The Oracle wants to "unbalance" the equation. She wants to throw in randomness in the equation. That's my best guess.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 02:09 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

Whose dead body they showed right after Superbrawl? And what did that mean?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 02:13 PM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

yeah that puzzled me....why was the oracle dead?? and why just show her body..i mean there must have been many people "trapped" By Smiddy cloning himself....what was the significance of just showing The Oracle? confused

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 04:11 PM
xeous
The Next.

If you noticed, all the people they showed were programs, no real people. I'm wondering if just the programs survive the "reloading"(Or whatever it was) of the matrix. Perhaps that is where the "crops were lost"?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 04:32 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy

OMG! What, did you dig up that thread? That was the first thing I posted in when I joined KMC...ahh, that was an interesting thread...okay, not really. I got in a fight with someone on here not 2 hours after joining embarrasment (and no, I wasn't the one convinced that Bane's head was actually chopped off for those who don't remember that stick out tongue)

Heh...the whole 'Neo isn't seen by Link' thing I thought got argued to death...I honestly stopped following it after a while though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 11:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote