KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Interesting thought while thinking...

Interesting thought while thinking...
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Tongue Interesting thought while thinking...

OK, i was going back and skimming the "Ascertain the fate of the One" thread, and i had this idea...Bear with me...Ok, so, Neo is an iteration of the anomaly code. which means his brain must hold some of the code as well. I originally thought this to be not the case, i thought that his mind, when loaded, had the anomaly code added to it somehow, but thinking back. Neo had to have the coding for the anomaly in his brain. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to speak to the Source. Now, if Neo was grown, and the code was then put into him, he would have scarring in his brain, like how Bane had scarring from Smith taking over his mind. But they never say anything about Neo having a scarred brain. They act as if he is perfectly normal. Which leads me to only one conclusion. Neo was designed. Created with the specific purpose of being the anomaly, by the machines. Which means if he is designed, wouldn't everyone be designed? so, what did they do to us? make us less susceptible to virus', disease? make us learn easier? change the way we think, act, feel?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 07:56 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

interesting indeed. but that brings me back to the conversation neo had with the architect... archi said that his life "was a sum of a remainder of an equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. you are the eventuality of an anomaly in which despite my sincerest efforts was unable to eliminate in an otherwise a harmony of mathematical precission"... which has led me to believe that the anomaly code was not designed, it was an "accident"... the equation that supposedly is thomas anderson's life is without solution hence the remainder hence the anomaly. neo always had the anomaly code in him, but it was dormant... when all preceding events of M1 happened, it was only then that the code was "activated"...

what do you think?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 09:56 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Thats's possible. And i kind of always thought we were designed. Morpheus says "where humans are no longer born. They are grown." This points out some form of us being designed.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 10:05 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
Thats's possible. And i kind of always thought we were designed. Morpheus says "where humans are no longer born. They are grown." This points out some form of us being designed.

i dont think that necessarily means we are 'designed' though.
i think he just meant that we are not born the natural way - instead we are grown in pods.

also i have to agree with 'whatshisface' as the architect conversation does seem to saw that the code is a result of an equation and not something that was designed with neo.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 10:25 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

the architect says he is trying to get rid of the anomaly, not that they don't make it...if you realize that there is a glitch in your program, but there is no way to get rid of it without getting rid of a fundamental part of the code, wouldn't you try to make sure that the glitch is contained, controlled, until you can fix it? The architect realizes that it is a necessity, but until he can fix it, they must force the anomaly to do what they want, while he thinks he is doing what is best for humanity. I'm not sure how to describe it accurately...besides, whathisface, if the code just happens, what's to say it doesn't happen in more than one person? what if all those kids, the potentials, were also ONEs...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 10:44 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

i dont think they designed neo to be the one.

if they knew that he was gonna be the one then wouldnt the agents have known about him before the phone tap at the start of m1?

but the architect knows that the one will result due to the code problem

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 10:48 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
the architect says he is trying to get rid of the anomaly, not that they don't make it...if you realize that there is a glitch in your program, but there is no way to get rid of it without getting rid of a fundamental part of the code, wouldn't you try to make sure that the glitch is contained, controlled, until you can fix it? The architect realizes that it is a necessity, but until he can fix it, they must force the anomaly to do what they want, while he thinks he is doing what is best for humanity. I'm not sure how to describe it accurately...besides, whathisface, if the code just happens, what's to say it doesn't happen in more than one person? what if all those kids, the potentials, were also ONEs...

it doesn't just happen... archi said that he made attempts (sincerest efforts) to eliminate this anomaly. like i said before, neo was a part of an equation without solution making it unbalanced, out of the ordinary, peculiar, an anomaly. you and me are also inherent to the matrix but we do not have a remainder... neo's equation is like dividing 10 by 3, there will always be a remainder of one... no matter where you put the decimal point, the remainder is always one-- that "one" is the anomaly... repeating and lingering hence the cycles of the "ones".

and i know what you mean by keeping the anomaly, it is necessary to keep it to find a solution... which the architect created or found, if you will, but got maniacally out of control... enter the virus smith.

and besides, the potentials are already free minds... how can they be the one when neo already is? unless they get reinserted into the matrix just like how mr. reagan intended, which is to me highly unlikely...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 11:03 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

but what i'm sayin is, his mind would be scarred if he was just randomly chosen at birth to contain the anomaly code. They would se it, and someone shoulda commented on it, esp. when he is lying there...but noone says anything about Neo's mind being scarred...which leads me to believe that, before he was even born (started to grow) he was destined to be the anomaly...but if there is something in his genes, then it should be inherent in everyone he is related to...since there isn't, it doesn't just happen that he mutates to have the code, which means he was designed/grown to be the anomaly. Meaning the machines shoulda known he was the anomaly all the time, and kept him from coming to harm. besides, do you think they keep tabs on EVERYONE, for their entire lives? how else would they just happen to have his entire life to show to him on the monitors?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 12:07 AM
sum1butno1
Transient being

Okay. The way I see it, every human being jacked in to the matrix has a mirror digital avatar (something we sometimes improperly call an RSI). Every avatar must be exactly compatible with the human's body, mind, personality, etc. However, if this person (and, consequently, their avatar) were incompatible with some laws of the system, an anomaly would occur. This anomaly would be a result of the system trying to isolate the problem to keep the program/law from collapsing all together. So what the architect has been trying to do is design a system in which there are no "compatability issues" with any of the hardware (people) so there are no more people who can ignore the laws (like Neo and the other "potential ones").
Therefore, in this case, for the Architect to develop compatible programs, he would need a detailed readout or whatever of the One's code, which necessitates the reintegration of the code into the source.

Last edited by sum1butno1 on Apr 12th, 2004 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 03:04 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

WHAT?!?! the RSI is created by the mind...not the matrix...the matrix just takes what the mind gives it and renders it. the anomaly has nothing to do with incompatibility...they are all compatible...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 05:35 AM
Neo6.0

Interesting thought while thinking...

JediHDM, you have stumbled onto something I always thought was possible, too. I believe the Matrix-borns are indeed designed differently for the Matrix. They are made more immune to viruses and diseases in the Matrix or should they ever escape.

It's possible that the First One was unplanned for and once the Source route was estabilished the One was continueously cloned and his DNA altered so the Anomoly Code showed up faster. Hence Mero and his suprise at how quickly and powerful Neo had become.

About the phone tap, the Architect doesn't give a rip about the Agents. Their unwitting pawns who are suppose to filter the One from the rebels. The Architect may or may not have changed Morpheus' hideout, but other than that he just studies the population and the progress of the One. He is a diest. He built the Matrix but has nothing to do with it other than making sure the One reinsirts his code and genetic info into the Source for the next cycle. The Architect even says Neo was designed or he could just be talking about the code. Not to mention, it makes the story more believable that everything that has happened until Neo leaves the Source was the plan of the machines.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 06:09 AM
Neo6.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo6.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo6.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

Was "The One" a bug or a virus?
Did "Matrix" chose "The One" from its habitants?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 08:02 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
but what i'm sayin is, his mind would be scarred if he was just randomly chosen at birth to contain the anomaly code. They would se it, and someone shoulda commented on it, esp. when he is lying there...but noone says anything about Neo's mind being scarred...which leads me to believe that, before he was even born (started to grow) he was destined to be the anomaly...but if there is something in his genes, then it should be inherent in everyone he is related to...since there isn't, it doesn't just happen that he mutates to have the code, which means he was designed/grown to be the anomaly. Meaning the machines shoulda known he was the anomaly all the time, and kept him from coming to harm. besides, do you think they keep tabs on EVERYONE, for their entire lives? how else would they just happen to have his entire life to show to him on the monitors?

but in neo, nothing was forced into his brain, unlike bane. and somehow, all those excessive activities happening and synaptic misfirings caused some scarring. the case with neo is, it has always been neo. no alien program took over his brain. and i totally agree that he was destined to be the one because he BECAME the one... if it is not his destiny he wouldn't be the one. but my theory is that ever since thomas anderson was introduced into the matrix, his equation was already f*cked up. it was to late to stop or delete it, that is why smith was created... to delete neo therefor deleting the anomaly code before neo realizes his full potential.

and don't you think one sentinel is too much for a child, or an old woman? but still the machines sent 250,000 sentinels to zion... maybe even more. i do believe the machines keep tab on everyone but they prioritize... sort of like a pecking order, to decide which one belonged to the 1% that rejected the matrix and who belongs to the 99% that accepted the matrix.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 10:25 PM
xeous
The Next.

quote:
what's to say it doesn't happen in more than one person? what if all those kids, the potentials, were also ONEs...

What's to say that it isn't in everyone? What's to say that Neo is the only one that believed that he WAS the one so, he became the one. "Know thyself." He did, after Morpheus was taken and tortured. Remember, the Oricle told Morpheus that he would find 'the One'...Maybe he did, 5 times...

Perhaps the phrase 'the One' actually means the one believer(in himself)...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 10:53 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Oracle is there to unbalance the equation - so therefore, she created Smith. So if she tries to unbalance everything that "he" (The Architect) does, then Neo would therefore be created by The Architect.

But anyway...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 11:26 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

I suppose so. But still, the possibilities of everyone having the potential to be the one is...whoa. *Thinks of everyone beliving they are the one.*

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 01:41 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

The only way you can even consider that the Oricle created 'Smith the Virus' is by telling Neo what he needs to know to become the one...So I guess that she did indirectly create him...

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 01:47 AM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

The oracle influences alot of things.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 01:48 AM
super pr*xy

yeah, she can do that...

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 03:28 AM
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
Oracle is there to unbalance the equation - so therefore, she created Smith. So if she tries to unbalance everything that "he" (The Architect) does, then Neo would therefore be created by The Architect.

Actually she said that Smith was the result of the Equation trying to balance itself out. So actually it is more likely that Smith was created by the Architect to balance the equation, that's his purpose.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 03:08 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote