KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Smith calling the Oracle 'mom'

Smith calling the Oracle 'mom'
Started by: Shape Shifter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

Smith calling the Oracle 'mom'

When Smith called the Oracle 'Mom' in Revs, was he referring to her as the mother of the Matrix (courtesy of that bigmouth the architect) or was he saying something else entirely?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 06:56 PM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freemind

I always thought he was implying that she is the mother of the matrix myself.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 07:34 PM
freemind is currently offline Click here to Send freemind a Private Message Find more posts by freemind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

ya i think that all its saying is that she is the "mother of the matrix" as the aechitect says in reloaded

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 09:53 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Personally I agree with all of you. However (just to offer an alternative), I once read a fanfic in which the Oracle created Smith (and all other Agents). I can't remember the title or the author or anything, sorry.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 10:12 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

The Oracle is not Smiddy's mum laughing

although they do have alot in common no expression

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 12:15 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

Could have been saying it from that girls point of view, *has forgoten her name* Cause now that her parents are gone the Oracle would be like her mother

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 12:37 PM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, because the one to the side was the one that took over Sati...look at the scene again...it is possible that he is talking through one of he people he took over, but i doubt it...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 02:34 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

Just have watched the whole film again, and I recon I was most likely wrong
However the reason why he called her "mom" was because she called him a "Bastard" which means A child born out of wedlock (Fatherless) does it not? So he could be just saying it in responce to that

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 05:16 PM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

that is also very true...it may have been just meant as a retort, a powerful one at that, because, if someone is a bastard, and you are the mother, that makes you even worse off than he...if that makes sense...stick out tongue

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 05:30 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

smile

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 05:39 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

Nonono, i was just wondering because the architect says that the oracle was created (or wahtever) to help understand why the first (?) matrix wasnt working. There were (presumably) agents in the first matrix, so if that is true then how can the oracle be the mother of the agents?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolandsshifter

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 08:47 PM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

We've already gone over the reasons why the word Mom was used and it should have answered the question "how can the oracle be the mother of the agents?" the Mother of the Matrix or like Jedi said a retort, a powerful one

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 09:48 PM
Shade
Born From Smith...

Smith called the Oracle mom as an insult to her insult.

But it has raised a theory that I like to tell.

Thomas means Twin in another language, and since Smith and Neo have a connection, it is implying that Smith and Neo are twins.

Since Smith is a program of the system and so is The One technically, so the Architect and Oracle are Mother and Father of The Virus and The One.

This also implies that the A in Thomas A. Anderson stands for "Agent"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 11:44 PM
Shade is currently offline Click here to Send Shade a Private Message Find more posts by Shade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Woah...getting a little ahead of ourselves, aren't we? Thomas also means doubting or doubter, which is what Mr. Anderson was, a doubter of the system. the Name, Thomas A. Anderson means, Thomas is doubting, A. could be Alpha, as in the first, or the beginning, and Anderson is 'son of man'. Thus, Thomas A. Anderson is, the first, or predominant, doubting son of man. It is also a religious context. Jesus said "I am the Alpha and the Omega" and he was the "Son of Man". I'm not saying that there are not other interpretations, but it is generally accepted that his name is a reflection of who he is, just like Neo, Morpheus, Persephone, Merovingian, etc. Also, if Thomas means Twin, it is possible it is refering to the fact that he is not the first, but he is the same.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 12:05 AM
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

What he said. Bear with me this is prolly gonna be a looooooong post.

Persephone: Goddess of the soul and spring. She was married to Hades against her will (Some say this is not so, that Persephone married Hades to escape her mothers scrutiny). Later her mother (Demeter) Refused to let the crops grow until her daughter was returned. But Persephone had eaten the food of Hades (Pomegranate seeds) and forever afterwards would have to spend four months of the year at Haides side. Some irony here, as we find out in Reloaded that Persephone had once loved the Merv, but over time her love had waned for him.

Mervovingian - are an old french dynasty who claimed to be directly descended from Jesus.

Morpheus: Called the God of Dreams -

King Sleep was father of a thousand sons - indeed a tribe - and of them all, the one he chose was Morpheus, who had such skill in miming any human form at will. No other Dream can match his artistry in counterfeiting men: their voice, their gait, their face - their moods; and, too, he imitates
their dress precisely and the words they use most frequently. But he mimes only men…

Trinity is often referred to as the holy trinity

We all know what Neo actually means in the movie, but it is also the greek word for ‘new’

Cypher also means zero, definetly some irony here, because Neo is the one then this makes Cypher ‘The Zero’, the two numbers (1&0) binray number systems used by computers. Both Cypher and Neo are opposites in ‘the Matrix’, as they are both working towards different goals. Also (and I’m not much into studying the bible or stuff like that) but Cypher wears a sweater that has a hole over his heart which means that

As you can see for the parts of many of the cast the wachowski bros actually thought of what names they should use, before they threw the film together. And there are a few more meanings but for some reason I deleted that page from my site…

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolandsshifter

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 01:15 AM
Sifer

In reference to the "mom" thing.

I have said this in another thread recently. The Oracle's job is to unbalance the equation, whereas The Architect tries to balance it. So if 'Smith' WAS created by the Oracle, then that would mean she is trying to unbalance the equation. Wonder who (or the code that he carries) the Architect created then wink

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 04:49 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
In reference to the "mom" thing.

I have said this in another thread recently. The Oracle's job is to unbalance the equation, whereas The Architect tries to balance it. So if 'Smith' WAS created by the Oracle, then that would mean she is trying to unbalance the equation. Wonder who (or the code that he carries) the Architect created then wink

Didn't think of it that way but you have a point as always Sifer

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 05:16 AM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

When Neo called Oracle's name in front of the Architect when he was talking about the Mother of the Matrix then what did the Artichect mean by saying "Please...". ???

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 05:19 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by The Alpha
When Neo called Oracle's name in front of the Architect when he was talking about the Mother of the Matrix then what did the Architect mean by saying "Please...". ???

He meant that although he considered her to be the mother of the matrix, he did not consider her to be an Oracle just an intuitive program originally designed to investigate certain aspects of the Human psyche.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 02:49 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

But the mother of the matrix and that "just intuitive program" originally designed to investigate certain aspects of human psyche is one and the same thing as long as i remember.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 02:58 PM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote