KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Another great question...

Another great question...
Started by: TheOne101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

Cool Another great question...

ok i was watching revos again a few days ago and then saw animatrix on sat night, the second reniassance part one a nd two...in revos i and plenty of other probly noticed that the machine breeding grounds place and the big scy scrapes of people is HUGE. in the animatrix the big scyscrapers are also HUGE. so the question comes to mind, i know that there are about 50 billon people on earth but do u think that there are like 2 or 3 other matrixes exactly like each other? like in an online game- servers=all the same just diff people. do u think the machines had to make more "servers" of the matrix because they are making to many people?

just a thought...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 06:56 PM
TheOne101 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOne101 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

or u know how some people claim to remember past lives and stuff like that do you think when you die in the matrix the machine might just erase ur body and memory and have you reborn again and maybe even change ur appearence in the matrix(forgot what morph called it in M1). that could be a reason for people to say that ...or they just want to be on t.v?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 07:01 PM
TheOne101 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOne101 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

50 billion people? where did you get that number from? and no, there is just one Matrix. have you ever read Le Petit Prince (The little Prince) ? if you had, you would know it is possible for billions of people to fit in a relatively small amount of space.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 08:29 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

o ok that helps i guess lol thanks bro

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 08:28 PM
xeous
The Next.

I acutally wondered about this also. Why would they name the city 01 if there was only one of them? And how do we know for sure that there is ONE matrix? How do we not know that there are a few Matricies and a few Zion-like cities?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 11:41 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

50 billion?????????????????? blink huh , theres just over 6 billion people on earth........and there is only one matrix.... yes

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 12:34 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

well sorry im not good with numbers lol atleast i was close...sorta.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 01:19 AM
Lil Seraph

ya got he billions number right

"Hilary Duff eek!, Kirsten Kreuk, Christina Milian, Natalie Portman, and Keira Knightly are the Hottest!" - Lil Seraph

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 10:47 AM
Lil Seraph is currently offline Click here to Send Lil Seraph a Private Message Find more posts by Lil Seraph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by xeous
I acutally wondered about this also. Why would they name the city 01 if there was only one of them?

because it shows the logic of machines

what number does 01 represent in binary?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 12:07 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

dont know lol what does 01 represent??

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 05:12 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

it just represents 1...01 is 1, 10 is 2, 11 is three...and so on and so forth...it is similar to decimal, in that each additional digit adds another multiple of two, rather than ten. Anywho, i think they called it 01 because it just sounds better. plus, they had that cool logo, the square that was half black, half white (which is the same as off/on, which is 01)

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 09:35 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Exactly my point, Jedi. How do the people of Zion know that there isn't a 11 or 10 somewhere else in the world? The world is a big place...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 10:34 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

why do they need to expand? are they having babies? are they growing beyond their means? no. Also, they don't need to have multiple Matrices. They can keep all the people they will ever need right where they are at. It seems illogical to have multiple colonies of Machines. The originally had one city, in their country, 01, so there is no need to expand.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 10:51 PM
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

only forthe masses and masses of gowing farm places where they grow us...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 11:48 PM
sum1butno1
Transient being

While it is true that the machines/programs were obviously beginning to take on some human characteristics, I'd have to agree with Jedi. The humans aren't a big enough threat to make multiple cities tactically advantageous, and if their population grows, they delete/recycle the obsolete ones. So they wouldn't really have any need to expand because even the number of humans in the matrix is probably pretty constant. However, after Revos, if they change the system, they may need to expand. Although 01 IS in the Middle East, so they could just extend it into Africa, Asia, or Europe, which gives them PLENTY of room to grow.

Last edited by sum1butno1 on Apr 22nd, 2004 at 04:50 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 04:47 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

ok i got it.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 10:39 PM
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

*is almost afraid to say this cos u could give her a compass, map and direct instructions and id still get lost*

But isnt 01 sorta up by canada?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolandsshifter

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 10:46 PM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no

have you watched Animatrix? 01 is in the cradle of civilization, approximately northern Saudi Arabia.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 10:53 PM
super pr*xy

if i was a machine, i'll definitely build over canada no expression

not that there's anything wrong with that...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 10:56 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shape Shifter
Roland's Shifter

yes i saw the animatrix and 01 was up in that direction...near america home of the *is taken out of room b4 she gets herself in toruble*

http://www.fanfiction.net/~rolandsshifter

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 11:22 PM
Shape Shifter is currently offline Click here to Send Shape Shifter a Private Message Find more posts by Shape Shifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote