KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The end of The End

The end of The End
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

The end of The End

Well, it’s time to get back into the Matrix Universe.
(Yes, I know I’m not around much, I’m very busy!)

So, many movie-critics and movie-goers didn’t LIKE The Matrix Revolutions. Those of you who followed the (sometimes) heated debates right after November 5th probably remember the arguments.
Do you think the “anti-Revolutionists” would’ve liked the movie better if Trinity and Neo had not died or ended up in a undetermined state? What makes a happy ending??
The war is over, those who wants to, will be released from the Matrix. What else can we ask for?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 02:42 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

I think most of them didn't like it because the answers wasn't "spoon" fed to them and the ending wasn't "Happily Ever After" like in LOTR (yuck!). Alot of people (non-fans) didn't like all the talking in the beginning of the film. Me I loved it because it gave you important information (same with the Neo Haman convo in Reloaded). I love Revolutions!!!! Matter fact I love all 3. It's bad when you've seen a movie 30+ times and the Neo Trin part still gets to you.....now that's power! Maybe if Neo and Trin didn't die and went back to Zion in the end more folks would have liked it. Or maybe if Neo actually Beat Smith himself (without help). Those are some of the things my friends complain about.

Fin.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 02:57 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo2

Personally, I like the ending the way it is. Revolutions gave all of us what we asked for. It is, in my opinion, the second best movie in the trilogy. Saying that, I think that Revolutions had the spirit of the first. A lot of dialogue was needed. Otherwise, you wouldn't have gotten wind of what was going on. I've also heard some complaints about the Super Brawl at the end of the movie. People have said that all it was was "bashing into each other," and, "a slap fight in the rain." I think they're wrong. That was the fight to end all fights and it was spectacular. The choreography was great and well designed and the cinematography, put together with the incredible Don Davis score, made it perfect. For all the Revolutions-bashers out there, consider watching the movie again when it comes out on video, I guarentee you will try and reconsider...

EVERYTHING THAT HAS A BEGINNING, HAS AN END.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 06:55 PM
neo2 is currently offline Click here to Send neo2 a Private Message Find more posts by neo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I love the fact that Neo dies

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 07:21 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

OMG...This question again...roll eyes (sarcastic) I liked Rev but its not even close to the first Matrix...And that is the point in my opinion..It's hard to overcome such expectation caused by the 1st movie...I think the Super Wacho Bros tried to make a kind of "live action" anime and Neo became a Super Hero with fantastic powers sad...I was not surprised by the end of Revolutions...If you have ever watched Akira or Ghost in the Shell you'll notice the Anime influence over Neo's fate.

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 07:43 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo6.0

The end of The End

I know what you mean. I was kinda ticked with the ending at first. But there are so many levels to look at it, and I love that in a movie. The only way the ending could have been better was if:

A. After the Oracle says to expect the One to reapper, she says, "Oh, by the way Sati, I got you a pet. I thought you might like it."
The Oracle pulls a cage from behind the bench and gives it to Sati. No one sees what's in the cage though.
Sati happily thanks the Oracle and says, "I'll take good care of it."
The Oracle says, "That's good to know. Because this animal is important."
The moviegoers know see the animal in the cage is a white rabbit! Then the camera zooms into the rabbit's black eyes and we see the Matrix code streaming down a black screen like at the beginning. Then the credits roll.
B. After the Oracle says, "Not always, but I believed." The sun then pales in comparison to the sky and we see Neo and Trinity kissing EXACTLY like in the trainstation reunion.

But these are just the ways I would have ended it. NOTHING else would change.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 06:51 AM
Neo6.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo6.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo6.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

miffed I dont like "Ends".

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 07:49 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Just the fact that there is no more matrix prolly pissed off a lot of critics, and ya, Neo dying prolly pissed off a lot Christians who thought the guy was Jesus, which he most definately was notsad

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 09:27 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I liked the ending to Revolutions. The only way Neo could possibly defeated Agent Smith was that he had to sacrifice his life too. That's a great story. I hate the movies that have the super happy endings. I didn't care for the peace between the humans and machines though.

There are twi ways I would've ended it:
A. The war goes on and on until finally, the humans win the war. They find that they can't possibly free everyone from the Matrix. The code is virtually unbreakable and there are just too many people to free by hand.
B. Neo wakes up. He was told throughout these three movies that he's been living in a dream world when he was actually dreaming about Morpheus, Trinity, Zion, etc.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 09:30 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

i wish it was all a dreamthumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 09:32 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

The first film is a classic and great stand alone film.

M2+3 are then there if people connected with the first film and want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

people who wanted a re-hashing of M1's plot and then a happy ending were always going to be disappointed.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 02:00 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

i agree with mook it does seem like m1 and m2+3 were somewhat separate. I mean they could have ended the matrix story with the end of the first movie, but then there wouldn't have been an Animatrix, or a comic book and to me the sequels do build on what M1 started.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 03:02 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

The problem is not the sad end (the only way to end the trilogy...)...Smith copying himself onto Neo is kinda heretic thing in my point of view...sad

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 04:02 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The first time I saw Revolutions, I didn't care too much for the ending, but the second time I saw it, I realized that how it ended was probably the best way you could end the Matrix. Now that I've seen it three more times, I love the ending. I went with my friend to see it last month, and after the movie we spent a half-hour sitting in Starbucks by the theater (while waiting for her mom to pick us up) debating over the ending, what it really meant, if Neo was still alive or actually dead, etc. I think the reason a lot of people didn't like Reloaded and Revolutions is because they go so much deeper than M1 did...M1 was a lot more straightforward than M2 and M3. They didn't like all the talking. But it was necessary, I think. A story like the Matrix can't be entirely explained by Neo vs. the Agents. And a trilogy like the Matrix simply wouldn't be able to have a happy ending like LoTR...but some people just don't want to accept the fact that sometimes the good guys, and even the heros, will die. And I've seen Revolutions 4 times now, and I still cry every time during the scene where Trinity dies...

My final opinion? Great trilogy, great ending. And the Animatrix rocks yes

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 04:22 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MovieKiller
The Devil Himself

Yeah I think the ending was great too and the movies were great!!! smokin'

cool "Todo lo que tiene un principio tiene un final. Veo venir el final. Veo a la oscuridad esparciéndose. Veo muerte. Y tu eres lo único que se interpone en su camino. Si no lo puedes detener esta noche me temo que el mañana nunca llegará." *--La Oráculo, "Matrix Revoluciones"* cool

smokin' "El futuro aún no ha sido escrito. El único futuro que existe es el que nosotros creamos" *--John Connor, "Terminator 3: La Rebelión de las Máquinas"* smokin'

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 05:40 PM
MovieKiller is currently offline Click here to Send MovieKiller a Private Message Find more posts by MovieKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

ya, they were, but i expected something more than just greatsad

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 08:45 PM
super pr*xy

the ending of revolutions was probably not the ending everybody expected... or should i say wanted. people are suckers for happy ending. but there is no purpose for neo to live. he saved zion, defeated smith and trinity is dead. what else is there for him?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 11:37 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

his purpose after that would be to live on in 2 more sequals and kik some program asscool

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 02:45 AM
jetzhere101
i can feel it

the thing abt the matrix series is that it takes time to comprehend them.....this is how it happens
first u go to the movie hall and appreciate all the axn and cant stop talking abt it.....
after this u think abt what u just saw and then want to see it again and again to see it from every pt of view.....
i dunno how many times i have seen it already in theatre itself i have seen revos 4 times on normal screen and 2 times on imax....and i cant get enough and seen countless times on vcd......

if the aim of the movie is not to make u think abt certain aspects then i dunno what it is ......

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 01:41 PM
jetzhere101 is currently offline Click here to Send jetzhere101 a Private Message Find more posts by jetzhere101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Trinity_Matrix
My final opinion? Great trilogy, great ending. And the Animatrix rocks yes

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 03:42 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote