KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Important!!!

Important!!!
Started by: Neo6.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo6.0

Important!!!

Read the link. Say no more

http://integralnaked.org/news/lw.aspx

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 06:03 AM
Neo6.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo6.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo6.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matrix Overload

no

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 03:46 PM
Matrix Overload is currently offline Click here to Send Matrix Overload a Private Message Find more posts by Matrix Overload Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

i want the bros (well...bro/sis) to do commentary!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 06:18 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo6.0

Important!!!

Well, I thought it was something. Just get Omega and have this closed before something bad happens to me. embarrasment

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 06:36 AM
Neo6.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo6.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo6.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

I cant get on it sad

what is it!!! tell me!!!

IM SO PARANOID NOW!!! messed

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 10:59 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

its about a commentary being done for the matrix box set...but its not the bros...its their friends

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 05:13 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

I see now harm in this thread at all... Carry one smile

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 10:54 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the omega has spoken!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 11:43 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BioLogos

This is pretty amazing -- I'm glad that SOMEONE is going to do the commentary. Ken Wilbur and Cornel West are not simply Larry's friends -- Ken Wilbur is a philosopher who has written a number of books on philosophical ideas that underlie The Matrix (perhaps he was a major influence on the movies -- I don' t know when Larry got to know him and his work), and Cornel West is one of the most prominent intellectual forces in the African American community (he is a chaired professor of African American Studies at Princeton). Given that philosophy, battles against oppression, prejudice, and "learning to live together" are all key themes in the trilogy and the Animatrix, I expect that they will have plenty interesting to say. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 02:49 AM
BioLogos is currently offline Click here to Send BioLogos a Private Message Find more posts by BioLogos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

ok, but still...they still dont have the vision that the w bros had when they made the movies...i dont think it will be a comentary so much as an interpretation of it...but when that heppens, people are gonna take their word for fact n we still wont have any clue as to what the bros were necesarily thinking during the creation of the movies...im sure it will give insight into what they were...but only the bros themselves can say what they were thinking...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 04:13 AM
BioLogos

Real: You point out that having this commentary won't end the arguments because we still won't know what The Bros were thinking.

This is true, and it is my guess that this is exactly why they won't give the commentary themselves. They don't want the arguments to end.

Before you get annoyed with them, ask yourself this: Did DaVinci explain why the Mona Lisa smiles??? NO!! Part of the reason that this or any other art is great is that every person reads their own interpretation into it. Some interpretations are better than others, but none is "right". As long as the art (be it a painting or a book or a movie) is open to interpretation, it is alive, and it grows with each new set of people that experience it. If the Bros told us exactly what to think, this process would die.

Although I would LOVE to hear The Bros commenting on the trilogy, they are carrying on in the tradition of many great creators who refuse to comment in detail on their work so that people have the freedom to decide what the work means for themselves.
cool

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 04:39 AM
BioLogos is currently offline Click here to Send BioLogos a Private Message Find more posts by BioLogos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

im not sayin its gonna be bad...im sure it will be incredible and mind opening...its just not the same is all

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 06:10 AM
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
I see now harm in this thread at all... Carry one smile

Omega!! eek!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 04:44 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BioLogos

So did anybody check out the interview??? Is it worth the subscription fee???

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 12:32 PM