KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Proof that the Merovingean was a "One"

Proof that the Merovingean was a "One"
Started by: pslice

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pslice

Proof that the Merovingean was a "One"

This is just a theory based on unproved facts but probably what the Wahc. bros listened to.

Rumor has it that in fact Jesus was married to the so-called prostitute Mary Magdeline. They also supposedly had a child. When Jesus was crucified Mary Magdeline and thier daughter moved to France.

The bloodline interbred within itself until the 500s when intermarriage took place. The blood line formed was called the MEROVINGIANs.

I have heard theories that Jesus was the original "One". So if the Merovingians were related to Jesus then its quite likely that The Merovingian in the Matrix was a former "One".

Pick and eat at it, please.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 03:29 AM
pslice is currently offline Click here to Send pslice a Private Message Find more posts by pslice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i thought about the merv being a former one too. but think about this... he is a program... "a very dangerous program"... if he is a program therefore he is a machine. why would a machine be the salvation of zion? i mean why would an enemy profiting from the slavery of humans would want to save zion? if you say the oracle, well, she is far from being the one. true she helped the humans, but that's it.

it also brings me to another point that to those believing that sati could be the next anomaly, it is impossible because she is a program, a machine, without purpose.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 05:23 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

In my opinion, Neo was the only ONE, and I mean that everytime the matrix Reloaded, he died but Zion was salvaged. Ya, i dont think a program was once a "ONE".

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:20 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

The "Merv being a former one theory" was discussed zillions of times here. As kalantiaw put here, it does not make sense for many reasons.

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:35 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

yup, i think a reason it is discussed over and over is cus there's nothin else to talk about:upL

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:38 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by AliasNeo15
In my opinion, Neo was the only ONE, and I mean that everytime the matrix Reloaded, he died but Zion was salvaged. Ya, i dont think a program was once a "ONE".

if you mean the anomaly code is the same through out the existence of the matrix, then i agree. the shells or RSI's are different because each assimilation of the anomaly inside the matrix is within an entirely different human every sigle occurence or cycle. it's like the oracle, different shell, same program.

if you're saying that everytime the matrix got reloaded, the same exact One-every circumsatnces and incidents- reoccurs within the matrix, then i have to disagree. that's like saying your ancestors looked exactly like you did, lived exactly liked you did and you're gonna die exactly as they did.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:39 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

It's hard to face the truth but it's time for the Matrix Forum choose the door to it right and go to the source reinserting the prime program...

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:46 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

Maybe Neo appears again in the matrix in a same form as Mero's. roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean like a dangerous program seeking more and more power.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 11:56 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Re: Proof that the Merovingean was a "One"

quote:
Originally posted by pslice
This is just a theory based on unproved facts but probably what the Wahc. bros listened to.

Then don't call the thread PROOF.

We've been over the Merovingian bloodline countless times, as well as the holy grail order of the same name from the 17th century.

The Mero CANNOT be a former one as all Former Ones merged with the Source. The best guess this far is, that the Mero is some kind of information-collecting program from the first perfect Matrix, who migrated with Persephone (a program designed to study human emotions) to the next generations of Matrices.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 03:07 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo2

perhaps, when he saved humanity, he was turned into a program, but he got greedy....if that could be true.....then there is hope that Neo is still alive.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 10:10 PM
neo2 is currently offline Click here to Send neo2 a Private Message Find more posts by neo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

The logic behind the Merovingian

Omega and I have had many "discussions" about this very thing as I have made the arguement, even though I did not (and still do not) believe it to be true. After refining many of my arguements, and other theories, I became satisfied with a rather simple explination - which would be supported by the Ockham's Razor theory.

I have posted this before, and I'm asking Omega to place this in the Matrix FAQ/Encyclopedia thread. (I believe you made one, didn't you?)

While it is true that the Merovingian has much in the way of symbolism to suppor the theory that he is A previous anomaly, his character would be fundamentally flawed.

First a brief history: the Merovingians were a line of French Kings who believed they were decendants of Jesus of Nazarith, heir to the Kingdom of Soloman, and Mary Magdeline, currently believed to be a prostitute, but much evidence, now supports otherwise. The Roman Emporer Constintine, a Pagan emporer 500 years after Christ, face the problem of a growing religion, thus to merge an empire on the brink of religious civil war he fused current pagan beliefs with Christian beliefs, and you can still find pagan symbolism in much of Christianity today (think about the priests pulpit at church that has the 'X' and 'P' like symbols overlapping each other - that is a Runic Talisman from a pagan religion in the French/German/Norwegian areas of Europe). Many books were left out of todays version of the bible, and destroyed so that the more mortal characteristics of Jesus would be lost, but some scrolls, like the Dead Sea Scrolls, survived. Now it is becoming known that Mary Magdeline very well could have been heir to the House of David (the Soloman and David kingdoms were most powerful), and the prostitute image given to her by the church to defame her status.

That said, Persephone, which is iconically simular to Mary Magdeline in Greek Mythos, though has a more sinister, albit nieve, charicteristic as the Bride of Hades (Ruler of the underworld, brother of Zues).

That is important, and most basic, to understanding that is needed to make these arguements.

Arguments for the Mero as a previous anomaly:
Persephone's comments about "He was like you" (weak evidence, because it's to vague)
The Merovingian name itself, refering to a devine source
His relationship with Persephone
His business as a "Trafficer of information" refering to being omnicent
Refering to Seraph as "Judas"
Etc

The problem starts with "How did he, then, become a program?" One way would be if MWAM exsisted - which we learned does not. Another way would be if he were able to replicate himself like Smith - and that was the most plausable so that's the arguement I have made in the past. The problem is that Smith is a virus. As a hacker, one can alter computer programing code, but one cannot attach one's self to said code. Smith's cataclysmic power was that Neo altered Smiths code and by doing so removed any AI reasoning ability or program safelocks causing him to infect everything he possibly could in order to destroy Neo - or balance out the equation. This means that all anomalies could NOT replicate themselves, so the Mero could not have safely restarted the matrix AND become an entity within the matrix. Another important clue is the Mero's name itself!

The line of King's known as the Merovingions did not appear until hundereds of years AFTER Jesus. Meaning Jesus WAS NOT a Merovingian King, but the ancestor of them. That's a big hint because we KNOW that the first Matricies did not function correctly.

With that background here is my theory:

The Merovingian is the result of Neo and his predecessors. The first Matricies did not function correctly, and when choice was programmed into the matrix, the Architect created a program that's sole purpose was to influence choice. To do this, he would have to be hardwired in at a very high level in the system allowing him to read the humans who are plugged in. His function would be to change the anomalies rejection of the matrix programming by influancing their subconcious choice into accaptance. He failed miserably because the subconcious is an internal human thought process that is not influanced by outside stimuli, though it can read and sort through such stimuli.

Because the Merovingian failed, he became a rouge program and, with the help of the trainman, helps other programs hide in the system. My description of his programmed function inside the matrix would account for his very cocky personality (feeling god-like), his devoute belief in Causality and that there is no choice "Choice is an illusion created by those with power [me] for those without [humans]", and it would account for him being a "Trafficer of information."

Persephone is displays to much of the sinister side of the Greek mythos and little to none of the Magdeline persona to take her for more than a seductive woman only looking out for her own intrests, who is cunning, manipulative, dark, and mysterious. So she cannot be used very well in the argument for the Mero as a previous anomaly.

If there are any other arguments for the Mero as a previous anomaly that I skipped over, I apologize - it has been awhile since I've gone over this information. If you really want to hear my thoughts on it - PM me 'cause I know some people get tired of my long posts! stick out tongue

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:48 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Meta> The encyclopædia is now open again. So you can post your ideas there smile

What the Roman emperor in question (the name eludes me, I’m not sure it’s Constantine, wasn’t he wayyy later?) did, was making a kind of Judaism 2.0. It’s true that Rome was in dire need of something to bring together a failing Empire, and this Emperor went to look for a monotheistic religion. “One God, One Rome, One Emperor” kinda thing.
The result of merging very early Christianity (which was against having children, as these early Christians believed that Christ could return any minute) with a more worldly system of beliefs was Catholicism. That’s why we have incense, all the saints and all the rituals – and, not to forget – absolution (Something that does not exist in Protestantism).
Whatever the case, it’s important to understand that there exists NO proof that Jesus ever existed. Moreover, the early translations from Hebrew to Latin are so extremely flawed in the translations that a Babylonian king turned into Lucifer (Lucern ferre, the morning star in ancient Rome).

There is no Mary Magdalene in Greek mythology. Do you mean later Greek translations? Or do you mean that Mary Magdalene in Christian mythology resembles Persephone from Greek mythology??

While the French line of Kings (from the 5th to the 8th Century I believe) CLAIMED divine origins, keep two things in mind. One, there is no proof Jesus ever existed (The Matrix vs. the Real) and most Christians do not believe Jesus and Mary had children. So the key-point here is what the Merovingians CLAIMED as opposed to what could conceivably be true.

You have an interesting point. Belief in Descent. Perhaps the Mero was once tampered with by a former One? That’s how he can circumvent the system. We do know, that Neo’s attempt to delete Smith in M1 resulted in Smith being “Like you, free”. But not free after all. There is a point to be made on the Mero’s obsession with choice and causality, but perhaps one of the first Ones tampered with the Mero-program, and made him “free”. Of course, it leaves the question: Why?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 01:10 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Meta> The encyclopædia is now open again. So you can post your ideas there smile

What the Roman emperor in question (the name eludes me, I’m not sure it’s Constantine, wasn’t he wayyy later?) did, was making a kind of Judaism 2.0. It’s true that Rome was in dire need of something to bring together a failing Empire, and this Emperor went to look for a monotheistic religion. “One God, One Rome, One Emperor” kinda thing.
The result of merging very early Christianity (which was against having children, as these early Christians believed that Christ could return any minute) with a more worldly system of beliefs was Catholicism. That’s why we have incense, all the saints and all the rituals – and, not to forget – absolution (Something that does not exist in Protestantism).
Whatever the case, it’s important to understand that there exists NO proof that Jesus ever existed. Moreover, the early translations from Hebrew to Latin are so extremely flawed in the translations that a Babylonian king turned into Lucifer (Lucern ferre, the morning star in ancient Rome).

Constatine the Great is the Roman Emperor who was involved in creating the Bible we know today. Most people are lead to believe that he was always a Christian, but the truth is that he was only baptized by the church on his death bed when he was to weak to object. In his time Rome's official religion was that of Sun worship, known as the cult of Sol Invictus - or Invincible Sun, and Constantine was the head priest. I was wrong about the date, though, it was only 3 centuries after Christ, not 5. The religious civil wars threatened to bring down the Roman empire and it was 325 A.D that Constantine decided to unify Rome under Christianity - but not without some changes. The fusing of the religions is called Transmogrification. Here is some of the evidence:

Runic Talismans displayed on Catholic pulpits (and other sects)
Egyptian sun disks became The Halo's depicted upon Saints
Egyptian God Isis and the birth of her son Horus became the foundation for the Virgin Mary
and elements of Catholicism such as the miter, the altar, doxology, and "God Eating" (communion) were taken from various paganistic religions and rituals.
Pre-Christian God Mithras was called the Son of God and Light of the World and he was born on December 25th, died, buried in a rock tomb, and the resurrected in three days.
December 25th is also the birthday of Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus.
Newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Even the Christian holy day is paganistic. Originally it was the Sabbath, or Saturday, just like the Jewish predecessors, but was changed to Sunday, the day of the Sun, or Amon, the Egyptian Sun God.
Also at the end of every prayer Christians say "Amen" which is a variant spelling of Amon.

Constantine was not looking for a monotheistic religion, he was unifying a nation using religion as a political tool. Then the Church came in a deity-ized Jesus, literally hijacking his character from the Christians. This goes much deeper into something that is off-topic though, about the devine goddess and all - but is essential in the rewriting of the bible since many books of the bible were left out of the version we know today, or rewritten more so than mistranslated (atleast at this point in time). So many books of the bible showed Jesus with more human characteristics, and there is speculation that there was even a book written by Jesus himself. Most of them have been destroyed. But the secret was passed down through the Knights of Templar, and then Later the Priory of Sion.
And a side note: Friday the 13th is considered unlucky because a King, I believe in France, decided that the Knights of Templar were to powerful (because he wasn't as powerful) so he convinced the Vatican that the Knights were guilty of heresy, and they built a secret army that had sealed orders that were to be opened in unison across the European empires at dawn. The orders were to slaughter the Knights, seize any who survive in a fight and burn them at the steak - the day that this happened fell on Friday the 13th.

quote:
There is no Mary Magdalene in Greek mythology. Do you mean later Greek translations? Or do you mean that Mary Magdalene in Christian mythology resembles Persephone from Greek mythology??

No there is no Mary Magdaline in Greek mythos - I was speaking iconically. There is no true connection, but with an iconographic view the early life of Persephone - her innocence, naivety, youthful pleasures and such coincide with Magdaline, and Persephone's more sinister side after being kidnapped and married to Hades fits quite well with how Magdaline was rewritten to a lowly prostitute possessed by Demons that Jesus cast from her.

quote:
While the French line of Kings (from the 5th to the 8th Century I believe) CLAIMED divine origins, keep two things in mind. One, there is no proof Jesus ever existed (The Matrix vs. the Real) and most Christians do not believe Jesus and Mary had children. So the key-point here is what the Merovingians CLAIMED as opposed to what could conceivably be true.

There is some, albit limited, archaeological proof that Jesus, as a human, existed - not in correlation with the divinity that is known through the bible, but as a preacher of good deeds. There is also proof of Magdeline's existence too, although, again, it is limited. What is harder to prove is that these two were in fact married, and that they had a daughter, who, supposedly, is named Sarah. But tyeing the loose ends together for fact is difficult - it is a mythos that could be true - which is the foundation for this.

quote:
You have an interesting point. Belief in Descent. Perhaps the Mero was once tampered with by a former One? That’s how he can circumvent the system. We do know, that Neo’s attempt to delete Smith in M1 resulted in Smith being “Like you, free”. But not free after all. There is a point to be made on the Mero’s obsession with choice and causality, but perhaps one of the first Ones tampered with the Mero-program, and made him “free”. Of course, it leaves the question: Why?

I don't even believe that the Mero was tampered with - I remade a very loose argument for the Mero as a previous anomaly in order to strike that theory down.

I believe it works much like this:

The Oracle found that choice was needed in order to allow humans to accept the programming and gave this solution to the Architect. The Architect, not satisfied with running the risk of rejection by choice created the Mero in an attempt to influence the choice - therefore eliminating the anomaly. This would make this statement true "Choice is an illusion created by those with power for those without." His purpose was to create that illusion of choice and always influence it to accept the programming.

To do this job, the Mero would have to have a very high system access that would give him more of an Independence than most programs - much like the Oracle has as an intuitive program, and where the Agents are on the bottom level, resetting with each version of the Matrix. This high level of system access would allow the Mero to know all of the people's thoughts, so to say, he'd be able to see the "Chemical precursors" just as the Architect or the Oracle, giving him an omniscience. But because the subconscious cannot be altered as the consciousness can be, he was faced with an impossible job that led to his failure and then his exile.

If the Mero was tampered with, it would be at the first occurrence of the anomaly since the Mero's creation since he would have been reacting more like an agent attempting to stop the anomaly from rejecting the program, but the contact would have most undoubtedly altered the Mero. I just do not think that much depth is necessary in this case.

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 10:04 PM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Omega I will post to the encyclopedia soon. Let me refine my wording so it's easily decipherable. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 10:05 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I suggested this when Reloaded first came out and everyone was mean to me... sad

wink

At least people are agreeing this time!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 10:38 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, no, I do not think they are, Phoe!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 01:24 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

Yes Ush, Mero wasnt anyONE. big grin

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:52 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo_dragon

hey metamorphosis,
while you were mentioning the countless pagan/christian messianic similarities, i'm surprised you failed to mention krishna, son of vishnu whom secular scholars use as the primary basis for their theories of christianity's origins.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:47 PM
neo_dragon is currently offline Click here to Send neo_dragon a Private Message Find more posts by neo_dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo_dragon

er, nm, i see it now

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:48 PM
neo_dragon is currently offline Click here to Send neo_dragon a Private Message Find more posts by neo_dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

kblink

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:59 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote