KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Zion is the body

Zion is the body
Started by: fun matrix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fun matrix

Zion is the body

Zion symbolizes the human body, and the temple where the meeting is being held is the brain. The art director did a great job of designing the set with ducts and tunnels to represent nerve connections. In Zion we fight the war against our thoughts, portrayed as the millions of Sentinels in the movie. It is the final battle for control of the body and mind as Self-realization dawns. More proof that Zion represents the human body comes from the dialogue of Councilor Hamann with Neo.

Councilor Hamann takes Neo down to the lower levels of Zion where no one usually goes.
These lower levels symbolize the organs of the body. No one bothers with them unless there is a problem. Until we get a heart pain, we are not aware of the heart; until we have a stomach upset, we are not aware of the digestive system. Pain is a warning message from the body that some assistance is needed to rectify the problem. It is ironic (and tragic) that modern medicine focuses mostly on shutting off the alarm signals (symptoms) given by these machines instead of attending to the root of the problem. It is an amazing scientific achievement to know how the body works at the molecular level. But in spite of this, ignorance leads us to expose our bodies to harmful chemicals such as food additives, pesticides, cosmetics, etc.

Councilor Hamann talks about the irony that some machines gives us life and others kill us.
This is a beautiful metaphor to compare our organs with machines. Take a look at the human machine: from conception to death, the heart beats continuously, without rest, an average of 4.32 billion times. Similarly, organs like the lungs, kidneys, etc., work day and night to keep us alive. The human body is a fantastic machine with 30 trillion cells functioning together in complete co-ordination. They work in perfect rhythm without ever taking a break. However, these same cells, if they get out of control, can become cancerous and kill us. Similarly, thoughts can have a positive or negative effect on our lives.

Councilor Hamann shows Neo a water recycling machine and remarks how amazing it is even though he has no idea how it works.
Here the Councilor is talking about the kidneys, which are part of the cleaning and recycling system in the body. Science knows how the kidneys work, but only a wise man knows why. A wise man is not interested in how something works. He is only interested to know how everything plays a part in the whole system. The reason why everything exists helps us to appreciate its importance in this world. Knowing this helps prevent abuse of the system.

In this line one can understand that Zion is the body and the ‘matrix” is the mind. We plug and unplug into the matrix everyday. When we are awake we plug into matrix and when we sleep we unplug from the matrix, the mind. It is very interesting to understand the real hidden meaning sof all three matrix movies.

Source: http://www.matrixjourney.com/more_matrix.htm

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 01:28 PM
fun matrix is currently offline Click here to Send fun matrix a Private Message Find more posts by fun matrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

are you that pathetic that you still spam this forum after everyone says they dont care about matrixjourney.com? STOP IT! try thinking on your own (unless ur the author of matrixjourney...but i doubt it...) you're a sad person if you continually look to this website for guidance whereas all of us think on our own without outside aid...my opinion: that you have no clue what you're talking about and you can't figure out any of the matrix on your own so you have to find someone to do the thinking for you. And another thing; if you're going to contine posting here, at least bring up ineresting points not stuff like this...
to quote your passage "science knows how a kidney works, but only a wise man knows why," you're not wise, you're a scientist...think on your own, dont look for the answers in a book...use your head

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:41 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fun matrix

understand me please

Somehow I adore the book and when I read some of the posts here , I cannot digest it. I feel that they are all discussing on a weak foundation.

Let me ask a question and please clarify it. If computer is a matrix simulation which is controlled by the machines , how can then Morpheus and his crew rescue neo and other members, unless that is also done by the machines.

This question will show how shaky your discussions are. Now where is the question of machines and humans fighting?. What is there about choice and free will?.

Again i will rephrase my question. When humans including Neo are plugged into one computer simulation program, how can they even "think" other than completely taken over by the matrix computer program.

Think and respond instead of driving me out as a spamer.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 03:54 AM
fun matrix is currently offline Click here to Send fun matrix a Private Message Find more posts by fun matrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i have a question for you...and please answer, i would really like to know.

Q: do you have any original ideas, or is everything you post from Matrixjourney.com?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 04:40 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fun matrix

i have a question for you...and please answer, i would really like to know.

Q: do you have any original ideas, or is everything you post from what you read in schools, discussion and books? Tell me what is that you claim your original idea?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 01:44 PM
Mordecai
I am the way.

You're missing the point fun matrix - are you seriously that clueless??

That response was just plain stupid, i have no other way to put it.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 03:09 PM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Wow, how mature is that? but since it is irrelevant, i will allow it. Yes, almost everything i post is my original idea, or an idea myself and others came to while discussing the Matrix. i have not read any books about the Matrix, except for the comics that are part of the Matrix experience. The only two matrix sites i visit are this site and whatisthematrix.com. Any other sites i visit are to learn more about this religion, or that word. I come to my own conclusions about the Matrix, based on what i have read (science fiction books), what i have seen (other movies and anime) and things i know (and have learned due to the Matrix). If, on the other hand, i post an idea originally from another source, then i say that, but i do not have to cite one book in every one of my posts. THAT is retarded. I am glad that you found this book informative, but instead of putting it in your signature and letting other people get curious, you have over-talked it, making NO ONE want to get this book.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 03:41 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Go Jedi!

Come up with your own ideas, or at least put what u got from another source in your own words. Copying and pasting doesn't make u smart. Find ur own answers for ur questions, don't use other ppls answers.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 08:52 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fun matrix

If you find something good instead of spoiling the message and its words I copy paste it. I share what i enjoy. Are you so furious about my kind heartedness?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:36 AM
Real
I have more tech than you

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 01:27 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Real> now now...don't be hatin'...

fun matrix> kindheartedness? since when is completely copying someone elses work 'kindheartedness'? i always thought that was rude and disrespectful. Listen, all i am saying is, if i wanted to know what was in the book, i would read it. I want to know what is in your head. If all that is in your head is this book, then you need to do something about that. THINK FOR YOURSELF!!! If everyone went around quoting other people, A) nothing would ever get done because it was already done once before by someone else and B) there would be no new inventions, no innovations to this wonderfully technological world of ours. If no one had an original thought in their head, then we might as well submit to Machines, because at least they can do good for us.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:32 PM
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

SO WE HAVE BECOME A CLIQUE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW AGGRAVATING THAT CAN BE!!!!!

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:15 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

numo> ...what?!?! who said anything about us being a clique?!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:42 PM