KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Wingless?

Wingless?
Started by: Superfly4000

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Superfly4000

Miffed Wingless?

I just looked at The Matrix Revolutions a couple of minutes ago and I noticed something I never noticed before. When Saraph walks up to the night club, one of the bodyguards calls him "Wingless'" as if it was his nick name. What does this mean? embarrasment

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 04:34 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

use the search function... but lucky for you i'm bored so...

wingless was one of the nick names seraph apparently obtained... so is judas and the prodigal son. one of the theory on it was he used to work for the merovingian. possibly protecting merv from smith (if you recall the scene where seraph said "i have beaten you before..." to smith in revolutions). after some time, he consulted with the oracle and decided that he wanted to be of her service, not the merovingian's... hence the name wingless (fallen angel), judas and the prodigal child.

maybe jedi has a better explanation...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 05:21 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

well...we are not exactly sure how Seraph came to be, or what his backstory is, however, based on his nomenclature, we can make a rough guesstimate.

He is called 'Wingless', 'the prodigal son', and 'judas', all references in some form or fashion to judeo-christianity. Judas refers to the Apostle, Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus to the Romans for 30 pieces of silver. The prodigal son was a parable spoken by Jesus in Luke 15:11-32, concerning a son that had run away and squandered his half of his fathers fortune, then returns home destitute. Wingless refers to fallen angels who have lost their wings when they lost grace, or can refer to angels in human form. Taking these together, Seraph would be a turncoat, a deserter, that left the Mervs company, and has now returned, even if not to join up with the Merv again. Even though Seraph and Smith have fought before, i do not think Seraph protected the Merv. We are told that Seraph was saved, more or less, by the Oracle, which is why he is her "Guardian angel" now. This may also be the reason that the Merovingian wishes to harm the Oracle; she took away from him his best bodyguard, one that never loses.

anyway, thats my 2 pence.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 06:23 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I hope that the brothers make a comic or anime about him...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 09:51 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

me too...i hope they make an Animatrix 2, which is basically the backstory of the non-main characters...that would be great. Or a book.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 01:37 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

Saraph could be the key to ultimate knowledge of the matrix....

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 08:27 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

hes an angel without wings, apparently, whatever jedi said, i dont feel like typing....lol

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 08:30 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

well, seraphim are the highest order of the angels...so to call him wingless and judas would imply that he was very high on a power level and made a betrayal evil enough to have his status taken away from him...and as jedi speaks of the prodical son...the son returns to his master (merovingian) but not in the same context as in the bible...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 06:28 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

I wanted to know the same reason for why he said "wingless".

mc pee pants could be right because if you recall the scene where the merovingian says "Are you here for the bounty Seraph?" so maybe he did work for him.

If he did then a nickname would make sense big grin

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 04:53 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

We have already discussed this topic!!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 07:52 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

one of the Devs. for the same group that made Enter the Matrix hinted at the possiblity of having a game just about Seraph's previous story, which I think would be cool.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 10:46 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

hell yeah! with real movie cut scenes like ETM where smith and seraph duke it out eek!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 12:15 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
We have already discussed this topic!!

Ditto!
Rule 459687 of KMC forums: You may not revive a thread to use as cover for another topic.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 03:30 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

where is Raz with his book of shadows raver

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 04:53 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

Book of shadows?
Hmm....

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 05:17 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

_Matrix_Neo_1_ killed him! We must stand against him!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 08:35 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

laughing and you know it...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 10:22 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

if raz were dead, i would die...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 04:26 PM
Korri

me too

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 04:37 PM
Blue Dragon

Why did you think I killed him?

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 10:56 PM