KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Hard wire phone and cell phone in matrix

Hard wire phone and cell phone in matrix
Started by: fun matrix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fun matrix

Hard wire phone and cell phone in matrix

Notice that the crew members of Morpheus uses a hard wire phone to make the connection to get into "The Matrix" and back to the real world Zion, but uses a cell phone when interacting inside The "Matrix".

To understand the interpretation of the different "phone" usage, we have to know what matrix and Zion represent. Zion is our physical body and matrix is the mind. The hard wire phone represents the nerve connections that pass the electrical signals from the sense organs of the physical body (Zion) to the mind (matrix). To explain this further, let us the see the example of a seeing an object like "rose-flower". When we see a rose-flower, the light from the flower hits the retina of the eye which is then transferred as electrical signals to brain via the nerves. This transfer of signals from the body (Zion) to the mind (matrix) needs physical nerve connections (hard wire phone).

Now let us think in our mind that we are crushing the "rose-flower". For this crushing action that occurs in our mind (matrix), we do not need nerve signals to be passed from our physical body (eye) to the mind. Now there are two independent thoughts. One is the thought of the rose flower and another thought is the flower crushing thought. To connect these two thoughts in the mind, we do not require the body nerve connections to be involved. To put in other words, the connections between any two thoughts in the mind is a "wireless connection". This wireless connection in the mind world (matrix) is shown as cell phone in the matrix movies.

Therefore when we want to "jack in" a thought into our mind (matrix), it always occurs through the nerve connections of the physical body. Understand , every thought is generated by the interaction of the objects through the five sense organs and its perception, i.e, touch, sight, smell, sound and taste, through the nerve signals (phone) But once a thought is created in the mind (matrix) the subsequent thoughts in the mind does not require nerve signaling from the body. We project our own thoughts in the mind in a wireless way. Matrix is thus a projection of the world by the mind and we can always plug into and out of it. When we deeply go into our mind we forget our body, the real world , Zion.

This concept of mind and body is deeply connected with the symbolism of Merovingian , who describes his role as a trafficker of information. Information of the worldly objects is perceived by us through the above mentioned five sense organs. Merovingian is the trafficker of this information and that is he is seen in a club, surrounded by wine and women. It is very interesting to know why he drinks "French wine", why he talks about the cake eaten by a women in red in the club (matrix reloaded) and also why he enjoys watching the sensual dance in the club (matrix revolutions).

The above concept of mind and body is also the linked to Cypher who does the image translator's work for the construct program. It is simply enjoyable to know how Cypher represents the symbolism of translating the images of the world into the thoughts of our mind (matrix). Similarly every character in the movie represents different aspects of this mind (matrix) and body (Zion) connection. The "war" is the conflict of the projection of the mind (matrix world) and the reality of the physical world (Zion).

It is fascinating to go with Neo to undertake the "Journey to the source" and understand the deep concepts of the movie, which is nothing but our own experience of life.

http://www.matrixjourney.com/phone.htm

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 11:53 PM
fun matrix is currently offline Click here to Send fun matrix a Private Message Find more posts by fun matrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

quote:
Originally posted by Real
Here is something interesting I discovered at matrixjourney.com :

Disclaimer

This book or this site is not authorized, prepared, approved, promoted or licenced by AOL Time Warner and Village Roadshow Pictures or the Wachowski brothers. This is a scholarly interpretation of the Matrix Movies in conjunction with the spiritual lessons of the author.

hmm....we should all write books and try to make money like the author of the book...people like Fun Matrix would eat that stuff up like candy...and then we'd all get rich...
We could all do a scholarly interpretation fo the Matrix and try to pass it off as the truth...but it doesn't make it so...

My point: anyone can be spoon-fed someone else's ideas...but only from making one's own inferences and conclusions does one ever know anything...
So for your own sake...DON'T look to matrixjourney.com for answers to your questions...because your answers are as good as theirs...

^please read this

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 01:42 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

Yes Quite...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 11:42 PM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

all i know is that, the cell phone in the matrix kicks major ass, and i am happy to say that i have one of 10,000 that were madesmile 350$ well spent

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 04:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i was too late to get one sad they were going for as much as $2,000 on e-bay.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 10:27 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Jesus. It isnt even worth a hundred dollars if your not a fan. I got it so cheap because i had a reserved membership. The retail price was 399$ If you feel like forking out 500 dollars you can get one easily. However it is only worth the price i paid because i was a such a fan of the amtrix, and it is bad ass to use in front of people on the street. It sounds just like the cocking of a gun when it pops up. I also have the voice recognition to turn on when i say "get me an exit" yeah it's corny but is cool to see peoples reactions when you say get me an exit and the phone turns on, and the reciever pops up and plays the cool matrix phone intro.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 03:23 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

it's amazing how much people would pay for something they saw in a movie. i woulda loved to have one. and the one i was bidding for was unlocked... i have cingular, not sprint.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 03:26 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

that is deffaintly cool. Sprint blows. I had huge trouble getting mine unlocked. sprint has terrible cell plans. Yeah dont feel bad though. It really isnt worth the price. Yeah people do pay nearly anything for memorabilia. Keanu said he gave his friends a bunch of stuff from the matrix set and some things he wore. He said his friends sold apair of his sun glasses and his boots to someone for 15g's. Keanu said that his friends got abetter deal than his paycheck from the movie. smile lol i mean 15g's for soe sun glasses and boots, i mean...wow

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 06:59 AM
super pr*xy

d@mn! 15 g's. wow... some people are just celebrity crazy. or they think it will amount to something more... like those people who hold on to their 2 dollar bills thinking they will be worth more than 2 dollars in the future.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:04 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

um...who holds onto 2 dollar bills? *puts stash of $2 bills under bed* i mean...really...who? shifty

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:58 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Hey man, people pay 5,000$ for a set of 20 half dollars, so nothing surprises me. 2$ bills do kick ass though pointless,but cool

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:04 AM
super pr*xy

that's funny... when the new quarters started getting minted, there was this offer in tv that said, "for $50 get all 50 state quarters and get this beautiful display case for free when you call in the next ten minutes." why pay $50 for something worth $12.50?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 05:22 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i guarantee you there were people who saw that commercial and said...only $50, and it comes with a case? thats cheaper than i will eve find it...some people are just that stupid.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 08:51 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

YEah but thats not even the worse of it. I remember when the whole state quarter thing started. they were selling just the case to hold the quarters, and a bookklet explaining about each state. They charged people twenty five dollars for a peice of card board and a booklet that you would enver read.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 02:52 AM
super pr*xy

isn't corporate america great happy

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 04:44 PM
jinXed by JaNx

you said it. Where else in the world can i buy a shampoo bottle with Neo's head as the cap? smile

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 02:53 AM