KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What is the Matrix?

What is the Matrix?
Started by: Neo Baggins

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Baggins
Another Child of Zion

What is the Matrix?

Well, at the beginning of the first matrix film when they started to talk about "The Matrix" what did you think it was?

And don't say "A computer Program that you Jack into, or a Virtual Reality controled by your brain."

Tell us what you really thought it was.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 01:40 AM
Neo Baggins is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Baggins a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Baggins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

My first assumption was that 'the Matrix' was some kind of grand illusion, like Maya in Buddhism.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 01:56 AM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

To tell you the truth, i had no idea of the multitude of connotations and denotations associated with the word "Matrix" so i was pretty devoid of assumtions about "what is the Matrix?". Of course, i was also fairly young when it first came out (i still am pretty young, as i am not yet 20). To think of all the things i have learned because of these movies, whether through Omega, Sifer and Ush, or through my own research in order to better understand these movies, is amazing, and yet i know that i still have much to learn, many things i missed in my enjoyment of the trilogy. In other words, i have grown much as a person and a mind due to these movies (among other things...*cough* school *cough*)

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 07:32 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I remeber looking up Matrix in a dictionary. I had no idea what it meant, I now do. I didn't know the Matrix an interactive computer world

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 07:09 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The first time I saw the movie and heard them talking about the Matrix I thought of math class...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 07:22 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Baggins
Another Child of Zion

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
The first time I saw the movie and heard them talking about the Matrix I thought of math class...

LOL

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 11:10 PM
Neo Baggins is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Baggins a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Baggins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the only matrix i knew of when the movie was released was form the transformers (the thing in optimus prime's chest).

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:02 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

speaking of transformers...lol

should find that thread...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:57 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the matrix is just an overdosed Acid trip that has countless meanings to people wheather it be philosophical or religous, or both. It is still nothing more than an Acid trip. Neo was enver the one, he is just trippin out in a dark corner somewhere. these are some of the most complex movies with many layers of juicy substance.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Sep 2nd, 2004 at 07:07 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:05 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

lol...wouldn't that have been wicked funny if the end of revolutions showed Neo in a straightjacket, sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth saying "i am the one...i am the one..."

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 02:08 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

i thought it was a movie cooked up to get money...oh... wait.. it is big grin

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 02:46 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by The Ones

this is what the people who dont understand the movie say.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:11 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
lol...wouldn't that have been wicked funny if the end of revolutions showed Neo in a straightjacket, sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth saying "i am the one...i am the one..."

laughing laughing out loud laughing defaintly

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:12 PM
Real
I have more tech than you

kinda like the guy in "A Detective Story" he went psycho looking for Trinity...but then again...he thought Trinity was a man...as "most guys do..."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 04:10 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I thought that The Matrix was the name of some sort of conspiracy. Maybe a program used by the Illuminate...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 04:41 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by The Ones

and what movie isn't may I ask? When a movie is released and is free, I'll say they didn't do it for the money, but there has never been one movie made that hasn't been made for money.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 05:23 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

There's no such thing as the Illuminati...shifty

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 05:23 PM
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
There's no such thing as the Illuminati...shifty

yes there is. I am one of them. We arent as conspiracy and power crazy as you think though. Mostly we just like having cookouts and pretending that we have controll over the world as so many people think we do. Let me tell you though, we dont have as much control over the world as people would like you to believe. I have to haggle to get thirty cents off of a hamburger at mcdonalds like the rest of you. sad

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 06:26 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

huh you get 30 cents off your hamburgers?! that like, 66% off!! no fair!!!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 02:22 AM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

i died

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 06:08 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote