KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Merovingian remarks seraph as return of the prodigal child

Merovingian remarks seraph as return of the prodigal child
Started by: fun matrix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fun matrix

Merovingian remarks seraph as return of the prodigal child

Seraph is the silent aspect of the “watching “ awareness of thoughts in us. This does not occur immediately but become evident as we tread along our spiritual journey. Meditation helps us to get this “watching” awareness of thoughts. Purpose of meditation is in fact to be aware of "thoughts" in us. This is why Seraph is shown in meditative form glowing in light (Matrix-Reloaded). This watchful awareness is key in spiritual progress. Without watching our thoughts we can never know whether this world is real or unreal. By watching our thoughts, we open the secret realms of our “being”. This is why Seraph walks through a passageway which opens the door to oracle. Recollect that this is also the same passage way through which Neo goes to meet the architect. The purpose of meditation is to watch our thoughts which would open the doors to the mysteries of our "Being" (Self).

The watchful awareness is always within us but is not evident to us because we are so caught up in the world of sensory thoughts. This watchful awareness is right there from the moment we begin our life in this world. This is why Seraph is shown to accompany Sati when she creates the Sun in the end of the trilogy.

As we grow from an infant to adult-stage, the awareness shifts from watching “thoughts” to watching the sensual pleasures offered by the sensory world. Then our whole world sinks into a realm of instincts and its fulfillment. This blinds us from knowing the truth. No wonder why Morpheus tells Neo "It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth". There is only one easy way to know the reality of the world and that is by watching our thoughts. It is fascinating to know that we “return” to this natural state of "being" when we progress in our spiritual path, which is the path to know the reality of our world. This is so beautifully expressed by Merovingian, the Lord of the senses who greets Seraph “ Return of the Prodigal child”.

Merovingian: The prodigal child returns. L'ange sans ailes (Trans: The angel without wings). Are you here for the bounty, Seraph? Tell me, how many bullets are there in those guns? I don't know, but I don't think you have enough.

Why is he addressed as the wingless angel?. Because Seraph, the silent watching awareness is not a "flying" thought. It is the silent witnessing of thoughts. This watchful awareness in initially helpless when it confronts the countless thoughts that span our minds. This helplessness is hinted as the insufficient bullets in Seraph's gun.

Merovingian also ridicules seraph whether he has come to enjoy the bounties of his pleasure kingdom. Why does he say that? Because when we meet seraph (watching awareness) we transcend from the state of the enjoyer of sensual pleasures to state of “being”. It does not mean that we will shun sensory pleasures, but we no longer are imprisoned by it. We now dare to point Gun at Merovingian, the Senses. Instead of the sensory world controlling us we start to exercise power over it.

It is also interesting to note when Neo first sees Seraph in reloaded, Seraph who is in meditative form, suddenly starts to fight with Neo. In the end seraph tells Neo "You do not truly know someone until you fight them". This is exactly what we see in our spiritual practice. Initially, there is always a conflict between us which would help us to discover our own “inner” strength through which we open greater secrets of our “being”.

Knowing the symbolisms is the key to unlock the mystery of the Matrix trilogy. Only when we take up the journey to “OUR” source, we understand the secrets of the real world and the matrix world. Without knowing the spiritual experience and knowledge , the Matrix Trilogy would just be a story of computer codes and simulation.

http://www.matrixjourney.com/seraph.htm

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 12:27 PM
fun matrix is currently offline Click here to Send fun matrix a Private Message Find more posts by fun matrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

fun_matrix>*yawn* ...are you still posting this?!

ok, first of all, Sati is a program, thus nullifying your statement in paragraph 2 (oh, sorry, its not your statement, its someone elses). Also, Trinity did not point a gun at Merv's head because she was exercising her control over her position, but because she was so in love with Neo, something which cannot be controlled, that she had to save him, or die trying. Also, if you are going to talk about "knowing our source" and "understanding the secrets", you really should be writing your OWN thoughts, your own understandings, not someone elses.

everyone else> anyone else getting so tired of reading this garbage they wanna ignore this guy?!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 02:15 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i thought he already left. dude probably don't even type it, just cut and paste.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 04:57 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

lol probably..

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 05:16 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

sleep

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 09:19 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fun matrix

Wake awake dont snore........

I understand now more clearly the psycology of man who takes everything literally and never get the implied meaning. This is the reason for religious wars. Esepcially the religions chrsi, judai and islam have three different names for one God and keep fighting for the literal meaning of thier sacred books, insteading of understanding the deeper hidden meanings of them.
This forum is also the the reflection of the same. I dont criticize that we should not think in our own ways. Thinking and interpreting is fun and that is life. But when given a venue to think differently, opposing even to try to think that way reflects our fanaticism and our deep attachment to our "beleifs'.
The very same message of Matrix movies is lost here. Morpheus tries to awaken as many people to know the reality. But people are so struck with their own beliefs that they attack him. Neo was willing even to try to take the red pill , instead of living in the belief system like others.

What I offer is venues where people have thought differently that makes sense to me...it need not make it for you...but trying doesnt harm. I see in this message I posted, I found a deep understanding to know myself.

Oracle keeps telling Neo "Know thyself". There is no computer message in those lines. Similarly I can quote many dialogues which has nothing to do with computers, but purely message for us to contemplate in our lives.
I think matrix as a toy for us to play and through fun we should learn something from it. In our own life, through toys in school we learnt alphabets, we leant maths and science. Why dont we understand this matrix is a toy for us to learn the greater message of life?.

"Knowing is different from walking the path"
"man is the cancer of the planet"
"Source is the place where ONe's path ends".
There is no spoon.
KNOW THYSELF

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:53 PM
fun matrix is currently offline Click here to Send fun matrix a Private Message Find more posts by fun matrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

And again i say, you have no idea what you are talking about. Although i like the fact that your called yourself Morpheus, that was a nice (egotistical) touch. As for our so-called 'literalism in the face of the matrix' i have to say, for someone who has been here for 2 months, you sure do act like you have been here for the past 5 years. I myself have only been here just over a year, however, there have been so many deep, philosophical discussions here that you would wet your pants. The Philosophy forum, which, alas, was removed before i started and was only recently reinstated, was full of Matrix ideas and religious allusions, etc. We would have debates so heated that we would be attack each others way of thinking before all was said and done. And we thought. Apparently a whole lot more than you, since what you are doing is technically considered spamming, even if you would get no profit off the purchase of the book by me. As for the 'greater message of life", well, it would require people to agree on a greater meaning/message of life before everyone could or even would accept it. Although i would like to see what your "greater message of life" is, especially if it would stop the Muslims from killing the Jews.

Oh, BTW, fun fact for you...We don't have three different names for God. Yahweh is not actually a word, just as Jehovah is not a word. YWHW is the four letter name for God that is utterable by man, since his true name would be unutterable. Yahweh and Jehovah are in fact two languages using this four letter name in the same way, just adding different letters. And Allah means "God" or "god". another fun fact. Muslims and Jews are basically brothers, since the Jews follow the son of Abraham Isaac and the the Muslims follow the son of Abraham Ishmael. However, there are quite a few differences in the religions Christianity and Judaism, and Islam. Hence the fighting.

But i digress. There have been many ideas passed back and forth, many changes in beliefs, and many greater understandings in my life and in the lives of many who came here before, due to these movies and this forum. Because of the ability to think, to debate, to respond. So don't tell me that we are too "stuck in our beliefs" to change our thinking. You don't know the meaning of the word. So, if you would please, stop posting these inane excerpts from that book.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:25 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote