KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo and Trinity's death

Neo and Trinity's death
Started by: MegaDeuce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MegaDeuce

Neo and Trinity's death

What did everyone think about it? I thought it SUCKED!!!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 03:19 AM
MegaDeuce is currently offline Click here to Send MegaDeuce a Private Message Find more posts by MegaDeuce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I think its the only way that it could have ended. If they were to live, sequals could still have been madesad

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 03:29 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I didn't like the fact that they both died...

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 03:39 AM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo6.0

Neo and Trinity's death

Trinity and Neo's deaths were necessary to end the Trilogy. I will admit I did kind of hope something better for Trinity though. I'm a guy and admit I did cry when she died.(Not just because she died, but also how bad her death scene was.) For Pete's sake! All had to be done was something short and to the point. Something like this:
Trinity: I've gone as far as I can go Neo. Our paths part here.
Neo: No... I need you with me.
Trinity:I'm sorry, this is what only you can do alone. I still believe in you Neo. Kiss me. (Kiss) I'll see you on the other side.
Neo: No. NOOOO!
A few moments of sobbing.
Neo: Trinity, you didn't die for nothing. I'll end this. Be proud of me.

Ok, I've watched too much Inyuasha. But my high school brother wrote a better parting than that. Of course this is just my opinion.

Why would they need to live it? Zion treats Neo like a god, and they might actually look down on him for living while thousands of other soldiers died. A dark savior to speak. Trinity? What would she do? Be with Ghost? Can't see that happening either.

Neo's sacrifice was needed to rewrite the Matrix. I felt sorry for his pain as he was elecrotocuted. ( Goes to list of ways not to die. Crosses off electrocution, which is next to drowning and impaled through stomach and have head knocked off.) But he needed to die and give the programs what they wanted to bridge the gap between the species. Notice Sati as she does things un-machine like. Such as sleep, wake up and what? Create a sunrise for no reason. The Architect and Oracle's times are over. Becaue of Neo, Sati is the new way. Humans can now move back and forth between the Matrix and Zion. Programs can also go to the Machine City or stay in the Matrix.( sad Poor Smith) There was no other way. Trust me I've looked for other ways for it to end, but they don't fit.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:01 AM
Neo6.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo6.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo6.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Well that was actually Smith who was electricutedlaughing out loud. At that time, he had been taken over

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:03 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

I thought Neo didn't die.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:55 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by glenn
I thought Neo didn't die.

no-one knows for sure - their is a whole thread on Neos fate.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:41 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i dont think he is dead happy

i was happy when "it" died though -sorry Omega i fell she had it coming

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:16 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Neo is like the little stick man in early computer games. Has no character - once destroyed is rebooted.

The lineage thing would be in a hideous mess by the time of the films. Six separate Matrixes! eek! A pity for the gardeners... no

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:20 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
i dont think he is dead happy

i was happy when "it" died though -sorry Omega i fell she had it coming

are you ever gonna get over your trinity issue?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:30 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

nope happy

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:41 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Trinity was ugly as Hell in all three installments. Persephone looked OK though...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:46 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Persephone is a howk

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:48 PM
mook

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
Trinity was ugly as Hell in all three installments. Persephone looked OK though...

trinity was nice in the first one but not in 2+3
Persephone is nice in both

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:49 PM
Korri

Persephone=****
Trinity= biatch

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:53 PM
shaber
schizoid

Persephone is a sentient programme, so I'm not sure that applies.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:29 PM
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
Persephone=****
Trinity= biatch

you say **** like its a bad thing.

and really its merv who was the **** not Persephone

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 10:46 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

laughing out loud ya

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 03:16 PM
Korri

miffed i say persephone

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 04:11 PM
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

I think Neo's death ruled, self sacrifice and all!! big grin
trinity's death is however one to laugh at *laughs at it* She crashed the ship and then got impaled by a big thing how sucky!
Anyway back to Neo, his death was great, especially if you look at it as he is the One and Agent Smith is the Minus One they both need to die to restore equilibrium (1-1=0=equilibrium) so it was pretty good
I shall stop confusing you and myself now though

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 06:01 PM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote