KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Terrorism in The Matrix

Terrorism in The Matrix
Started by: Superfly4000

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Superfly4000

Terrorism in The Matrix

Is it just me, or is most of the stuff that Neo, and Morpheus, and Trinity,do Terrorist acts? Is it right for them to kill inoccent men and women in order to support there cause. If the world we live in is indeed the Matrix, could September 11th be something done by freed members of Zion? If you think my question is stupid, please say so, because i'm begining to think it's stupid as I write. sad

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:24 AM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

by members of the system, yes, what they do is terrorist acts. as for whether 9/11 could feasibly be done by freed minds, i don't think so. if this was the case, the government would tell us that hacker/terrorists did it, not Al Qaeda, as the govt claims.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 06:47 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

I think your question is retarded in regards to comparing 9/11 and the matrix, although what neo and crew do in the matriz could be considered terrorism by the people, generally terrorism is defined by the government in which controls the people, so therefore the machines would easily classify them as terrorists in order to bring them in sooner

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:26 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I really fail to see a connection between the Matrix and 9/11. But to answer the debate of Neo, Trinity, and Morpheous being terrorists. No, they are not. They are more like "Freedom Fighters". Machines control the humans and humans battle them.....kinda like Terminator. Whoah, what a coinscidence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I don't think he/she is comparing it with 9/11. what he/she is saying is that IF WE WERE IN THE MATRIX, 9/11 COULD have been by Zion, with the Agents making us believe it was Al Queda ((sorry for spelling, I'm not sure how to spell it)).

In answer to the rest of the question, yes, the Neo Trio's acts could be construed as Terrorism - they invade a building and threaten to kill everyone in the room ((begin of Rev)), they blow up a car and steal a motorcycle ((car chase, Reload)), they single out and kidnap people, giving them new identities ((Mr. Anderson to Neo, Matrix))

((There are more examples, I am merely using these three to illustrate my point))

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:09 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i think its great no expression

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 04:46 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

you cannot have a war without casualties. terrorists? copper-tops who don't know better would say so... so would the machines. i don't think they would just hack into the system and start offing people. they look as if they are very nonchalant about copper-tops dying is because they could be over-ridden by agents at any given time... so the less people, the less chance an agent is gonna pop up.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 10:30 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

As Morph said, anyone still plugged can possibly become an agent. Agents aren't good, and by kiling SWAts and army guy, it can mean less chance for agents

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 08:18 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

Thanks Pheonix for clearing that up big grin

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 11:12 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
by members of the system, yes, what they do is terrorist acts. as for whether 9/11 could feasibly be done by freed minds, i don't think so. if this was the case, the government would tell us that hacker/terrorists did it, not Al Qaeda, as the govt claims.

No, the governemnt wouldn't tell us that.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 12:32 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

also, they zionists, so to speak, are trying to free the people, not kill them. it would be easy to walk into the matrix, set up a bunch of nuclear devices, then jack out and watch the matrix disintegrate. that is not what they are trying to do.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 01:35 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM

No, the gov't wouldn't tell us that if it was done by hackers... Because nobody knows that we're living in the Matrix. They couldn't just tell everybody like that, because then the whole system would collapse.

As for the thing about "freedom fighters," you have to realize that to the people who hijacked the planes on 9/11, they ARE freedom fighters, just the same as Neo, Trin, and Morpheus are.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 02:10 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This is my point:

ter·ror·ist [ térrərist ] (plural ter·ror·ists)
noun
somebody using violence for political purposes: somebody who uses violence or the threat of violence, especially bombing, kidnapping, and assassination, to intimidate, often for political purposes

free·dom fight·er (plural free·dom fight·ers)

noun
fighter in armed revolution: somebody who participates in an armed revolution against a government or political system regarded as unjust.

The key word here is "revolution" and since the movie is called The Matrix Revolutions I see the connection. If the movie was called The Matrix Terrorism, then I would see the connection with Terrorist. But since the movie is not call that....I don't see a connection.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 02:39 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

But there is the dilemma... "I am a freedom-fighter... you are a terrorist..." Everyone believes their cause is just - therefore they are a freedom-fighter... you do not believe someone elses cause is just -- they are a terrorist

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 11:14 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: Terrorism in The Matrix

quote:
Originally posted by Superfly4000
Is it just me, or is most of the stuff that Neo, and Morpheus, and Trinity,do Terrorist acts? Is it right for them to kill inoccent men and women in order to support there cause. If the world we live in is indeed the Matrix, could September 11th be something done by freed members of Zion? If you think my question is stupid, please say so, because i'm begining to think it's stupid as I write. sad

WTF?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 02:10 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I beg to differ. A Freedom Fighter can be consider a revolutionary. A terrorist and a Revolutionary is NOT the same thing. Why? Becuase, revolutionary seek to destroy Government Military complex. A revolution fights and kills the army of the governments. Whereas Terrrorist do the same thing BUT they also kill civilians. A revolutionist never aims to kill civilians, but rather use propaganda to declare their cause. A terrorist goal is to kill the enemy whether civilian or military. Revolutionist kill soldiers NOT civilians. That's the difference I see.

I think is more suitable to call Neo, Trinity, and Morpheous and the ppl of Zion "Revolutionists" because for them the machines are the enemy. But they don't seek to destroy ALL machines. If that was the case then the machines used in Zion would have been destroy a long time ago. Basically is humans vs. Machines. That doesn't mean humans vs. ALL Machines.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 02:44 PM
Superfly4000

Think of it this way. Osama Bin LAden blew up two bulidings, that makes him a terrorest...

We sent two Atomic Bombs to Japan and killed thousands of inocent people. So whose the terrorist?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 11:18 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If you wanted to talk about the bombings on Japan during WWII you are late for the party Look here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...light=hiroshima

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 11:30 PM
Superfly4000

The point was that Terrorists, and Freedom fighters can be considerred as the same thing. Who are we to say who's which?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 01:06 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Superfly4000
Think of it this way. Osama Bin LAden blew up two bulidings, that makes him a terrorest...

We sent two Atomic Bombs to Japan and killed thousands of inocent people. So whose the terrorist?

thats my point exactly. To us, Osama's actions are completely unjust. To him they are furthuring his cause. It is all a matter of perspective. ((and before you start shouting, Osama is a terrorist in my view, I'm just saying that these things are subjective))

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 10:02 AM