KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What would you Change?

What would you Change?
Started by: Superfly4000

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Superfly4000

Cool What would you Change?

If you could fix anything about The Matrix Trilogy What would it be? I would delete some of those Burely Brawl scenes...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 01:10 AM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

the final battle between smith and neo really, not as much flying, more kicking the shit out of each other on the ground or in the building. also the end, i'd have changed it big time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 01:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Only thing I would've change would have been to keep Tank as the operator, but I realize this wasn't all their fault, seeing as the actor wanted a huge raise.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 02:59 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

All CGI in final fight and burly brawl, needs to be less cheesy and obvious.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 03:51 PM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

i wouldnt change much except the 2nd and 3rd movie a big let down IMO after the first was so good

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 07:38 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

much like some of our members here, i would definitely change some burly brawl scenes or make them live action. they mad a rig for neo and smith to shoot the ultimate burly brawl, i'm sure they can make one for neo stepping on all of those smith "clones'" heads. and the flying in the ultimate burly brawl... i would not completely eliminate it, but cut some of it. and i woulda made neo and smith fight in the building 'til it collapsed.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 10:55 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
i woulda made neo and smith fight in the building 'til it collapsed.

cool idea, i think everyone wanted more actual fighting and less flying in the last burly brawl, because the first few mins of the fight were excellent

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 11:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

IMHO, i wouldn't change a thing. it worked out exactly as it needed to, the end was perfect, the fights were amazing, and it is in-essence a live-action anime. hence, nothing would be changed. I love the trilogy, and it is my favorite series of all time.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:49 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

I agree with Jedi

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 03:18 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

yes it did work out...everything except some stuff in revolutions....maybe they could just fix the final fight....like how it kind of caught you off guard that smith can fly....i know he is neo...his opposite blahblahblah...but this would work better...

They fight on the street...then they only defy gravity to the point to where they are jumping off buildings....and going high into the air but not flying...and make it so they hit each other hard on the ground....that way, they knock down buildings and make an even bigger crater

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 04:15 PM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I'd redo Neo's character. I'd make him into a normal guy. This is hinted at in the first movie - but by 2 and 3 he's a lifeless robot.

Neo was great in the first movie, but in 2 and 3 he's so annoyingly dull.

I'd get rid of most of the CGI from 2 and 3, and instead opt to do everything like the first film i.e. all wire work and camera tricks, with SUBTLE CGI helping out some scenes.

The movies had some great ideas, absolutely ruined by a few truly awful ones.

I'd cut the amount of time spent in the real world down to a abre minimum. Cut out most of the blathering but keep in useful stuff, and on the whole make the story more obvious and conclusive - especially the God awful ending. Nobody wants to wait 4 years for an ending as crap as that.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 04:32 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I know what you mean. The first Matrix was cool because of the human essance of Neo. Neo really was what made you feel that the Matrix could exist. It seems like once he becomes this "One" he is lifeless. Allmost all of his lines are questions and small statements. There is no character developement involved. Don't get me wrong, I love the movies, but there is and element missing in Neo's character that makes you feel for him.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 03:05 AM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
IMHO, i wouldn't change a thing. it worked out exactly as it needed to, the end was perfect, the fights were amazing, and it is in-essence a live-action anime. hence, nothing would be changed. I love the trilogy, and it is my favorite series of all time.

thumb up I agree totally. I didn't like the ending at first, but after seeing it a few times, I realized that it was the only way to end it without it sucking horribly. So I say it's fine as it is.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 03:30 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

well, the only thing i didn't really like was the slow motion flying of Smith. but it was fine in the scheme of things. one action is not cause to change an entire movie.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 04:03 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
thumb up I agree totally. I didn't like the ending at first, but after seeing it a few times, I realized that it was the only way to end it without it sucking horribly. So I say it's fine as it is.

Yeah, I hate all these people saying the ending was gay and made no point, well I'd like to see the ending they would've come up with that actually made sense and fit the story. I loved the ending because it totally went against the hollywood ending which is what all of the Matrix films did, went against the normal hollywood film.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 05:01 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

but it did suck horribly, i am a huge fan and i even i can admit they ruined the ending, they could have used the time better

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 06:33 PM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
but it did suck horribly, i am a huge fan and i even i can admit they ruined the ending, they could have used the time better

but again, whay do you think would've been a better ending? It really isn't an ending, it's more of a cliff hangar, it does not tell you how the story ends, it continues in the MXO.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 12:47 AM
Superfly4000

I wish they showed the damage that Smith made to the Matrix...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 01:19 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
but again, whay do you think would've been a better ending? It really isn't an ending, it's more of a cliff hangar, it does not tell you how the story ends, it continues in the MXO.

they tried to integrate a poor console game(enter the matrix was bad, ive completed it, i know) into the story, it doesnt work, they should have just ended the movie, because all the fans who dont own pcs are left in the dark, which is very inconsiderate and cruel on the part of the filmmakers. i loved all three movies as much as anyone, but so many flaws permeated revolutions i was so angry, they f.ucked up big time imo, yes i bought all three dvds and the soundtracks, watch them over and over again. they should have finished it properly, instead we were left with more questions than answers.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 02:32 AM
OB1-adobe

I'm Going to get yelled at for this. What exactly is the 'Burly Brawl'?

Otherwise I thought the movies were fine. Revolutions was a little boring, but it was cool. The one thing for some reason I think the movie failed in(My opinion) was I never felt a sense of peril for zion. I mean there are millions of these sentinels coming down and killing and I just didn't care. I wasn't like: How are they going to get out of this one? It was just bunch people you couldn't remember their names, and you got introduced to for like 10-40 seconds of screen time in either the 2nd or the 3rd film and I was like: "Who died? Oh it was that guy, you know that guy that did that thing."
The ending reminded me in the way of Return of the king, in that you don't know what happened to Neo, and you don't know exactly where frodo sailed off to. It is always a film makers or writers delight to leave things abiguios.

I guess they are what they are. What can you do about it?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 03:47 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote