KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » am i the only one who thinks that...

am i the only one who thinks that...
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

am i the only one who thinks that...

am i the only one who thinks that after the first movie they got a bit too over the top with the matrix movies? they sorta started substituting proper dialouge and story for special effects, scenes going for too long and what not. what do you lot think?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 04:51 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

uh, i totally disagree. everybit of the dialogue in the two sequels was of the caliber of the Matrix, if not better. as for going for special effects, it is necessary to use special effects to the extent that they did to give it the anime-like feel that they wanted. because that is what it is. Live action anime. think about how much Special FX you would need to make DBZ live action.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 09:51 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

think about it this way... if neo kicked the sh!t out of the architect before he got his answers, the whole world would be in limbo about the matrix. the dialogue was quintessential with the unfolding of the story. and why do people complain about the massive SFX all the time?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 10:02 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah but i think that we didn't need to know more after the first movie. the ending was perfect for it all to end there. its like trying to answer the questions asked at the end of Cube, the questions are there but its cooler that they didn't get answered. and shit went on for WAYYYYY to long in the 2nd and 3rd movies, the fightscene in the second one between Neo and the multiple Agent Smiths was heaps too long, and the scene on the freeway was the same. sure some of it was cool, but there is a limit to how long something is cool before it becomes mediocore

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 11:20 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

the burly brawl was 5 mins. The highway scene was 10. I know because I had the soundtracks to those scenes. I thought they were just perfect. There was alot going on, esp in the highway scene. It needed to be long to get the full effect of it.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 11:58 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I can undestand what Tabby999 is saying to a certain extent. The two sequeals do have a very different feel to them. The first movie was very real and gritty. I think that when they got to the two sequals, the philosphy aspect was more important that the realistic grittyness of the first one. The action was more fantastic and the style of the city and of the sets became more spectacular. The good thing is that the first Matrix had and actaul endein; so if you don't like the other two, just watch that one...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 12:33 AM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

thats the one!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 02:49 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

the problem with the dialogue in the sequels was that sometimes it felt like dialogue was for the sake of dialogue, as in being too over the top, too convoluted, the wachowskis seemed like they just wanted to sound smarter half the time. as for the fights, i thought they were fine in length and content, bar the final burly brawl and some of the xion squiddy battle

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 03:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

Yeah, the dialogue wasn't as edgy and intillectually satisfying as that of the first movie. But then again, the sequals had a different feel, and I think that the dialogue wen't with that feel. The dialogue isn't shrouded in mystery anymore.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 03:41 AM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

No, i think thats the problem, the dialogue is shrouded in mystery in the sequels, they constantly tip toe around the truth in the sequels so they don't actually tell you anything, the only dialogue scene that actually gives us real dialogue is the Architect scene as well as most of the military talk and petty stuff in the real world, other than that, most of the dialogue (important dialogue) is a bunch of questions or things that we don't see on film so we still don't know what they're talking about.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 05:22 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

mordecai, thats the best explanation ive heard so far

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 05:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

the brothers don't have to want to sound smarter...they already are smarter...but yeah, part of the mystique is in telling us as much as possible without revealing the whole truth, until the Architect. He is Pandora, and without him, we live in ignorance...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 07:57 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

So true...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 02:10 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

smarter than who? there is a big difference between intelligence and bullshit, most of the dialogue was pretty good, but they got carried away and ended up ruining the movies, showing off for the sake of showing off is not a good way to make a movie

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 07:36 PM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

The dialogue is a summary of what the matrix is, especially the Architect's speech. It's just a sort of facade. Just as the matrix hid the real world from the humans still in it, the dialogue did the same thing, telling you the major facts you needed to follow along the story, but hinting at the deeper facts instead of spoon feeding it to you, the X-files did the same thing. The Wachowski(sp?) bros. even said this themselves, they didn't want the movie to be just one way or have the same meaning to everyone, that's why they had the dialogue like it was so that if someone wants to think the Merovingian was previous "one" they can, or if they don't think he was than that's their version of the story. I think it's a really cool way to do it, where almost everyone can have their own version of the Matrix movies that they believe or have it the way they like, although it is not a usual way which is why many people don't like it also

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 08:25 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i understand what u mean and i love to be able to draw my own conclusions, but sometimes it felt like they were trying a little too hard to leave it to the audience, almost like they ran out of ideas sometimes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 10:36 PM
super pr*xy

or they have too much to put into 3 movies.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 10:41 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

noone in the mainstream film industry will stop at 3 movies if they think they can make a few more, they'll just pump them out regardless

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 10:39 PM
super pr*xy

do you know how many versions of the matrix movies they can pump out using the same sh!t that made the trilogy great? a sh!tload. and people get saturated quick. my point being, they can continue making all this matrix movies, but how much will the public take?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 10:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

not much, look at how little publicity was done for revolutions compared to return of the king, or even star wars episode 3 which is a long way off, i think another matrix movie would have to be pretty close to the originals quality to do well

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 04:00 PM