KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » How can people in Zion breathe?

How can people in Zion breathe?
Started by: Lil Seraph

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lil Seraph

Worried How can people in Zion breathe?

My dad was giving me a lecture a while ago, when he said if we cut down all the trees in the world, what happens, no oxygen, he said. I blanked out after that he kept talkin but i started thinking people in Zion have to be able to breathe or they die we can last 30 minutes or sumthin without oxygen. If they're are no plants/trees in Zion how can there be any oxygen.

Happy Dance

"Hilary Duff eek!, Kirsten Kreuk, Christina Milian, Natalie Portman, and Keira Knightly are the Hottest!" - Lil Seraph

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 11:47 AM
Lil Seraph is currently offline Click here to Send Lil Seraph a Private Message Find more posts by Lil Seraph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

It could be artificially produced. There may also be arboretums or something that we did not see in the films where the oxygen produced by the plants was collected. Hmm...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 12:55 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

They had machines in the scene where Neo was taken down to the mechanical level by Harmon.. those were the oxygen/water/life machines. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 04:03 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

with the technology they have, they can produce make-shift trees that can break down carbon dioxide. if they have machines to disect molecules, they also have ways of fusing them, so they pretty much have everything they need to survive... air, water, food...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 11:43 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yesm rather than get into details, it is simple to assume that Zion has full life support systems.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 11:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jetzhere101
i can feel it

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
They had machines in the scene where Neo was taken down to the mechanical level by Harmon.. those were the oxygen/water/life machines. roll eyes (sarcastic)

i dont remeber much but i think hanman and neo were discussing abt th erecycling sys. but from their conversation abt our dependence on them and theirs on ours we can conclude that they have the sys with them.........

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 09:49 AM
jetzhere101 is currently offline Click here to Send jetzhere101 a Private Message Find more posts by jetzhere101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

Zion would have loads of life support systems, which could produce oxygen themselves or even get it from other compunds/elements such as calcium rock stuff whatever its called *can't think what its called*

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 11:02 PM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

That's how it is with people, no-one knows how it works just as long as it works.

I have absolutely no idea how the people of Zion breathe but perhaps there is a reason for that, I just hope I find out before it's too late.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:42 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MovieKiller
The Devil Himself

Well they are in the engineering level they talk about if they were to destroy/shutdown those machines that were there, then the air, the heat, and lights would not work... I think they have one machine for every human need... to produce food, to remove waste, to clean water, to produce oxygen, to clean carbon dioxide, and so on.

At least that is what I got from the movie... but after all, this is a VERY GOOD QUESTION/THREAD Lil Seraph. smokin'

cool "Todo lo que tiene un principio tiene un final. Veo venir el final. Veo a la oscuridad esparciéndose. Veo muerte. Y tu eres lo único que se interpone en su camino. Si no lo puedes detener esta noche me temo que el mañana nunca llegará." *--La Oráculo, "Matrix Revoluciones"* cool

smokin' "El futuro aún no ha sido escrito. El único futuro que existe es el que nosotros creamos" *--John Connor, "Terminator 3: La Rebelión de las Máquinas"* smokin'

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 04:38 PM
MovieKiller is currently offline Click here to Send MovieKiller a Private Message Find more posts by MovieKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxphreakxx
Phreaky Boy

thats a pretty good question but you would have to assume that they had some life supports system somehow

Thats why they call me Stallion wink

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 06:54 AM
xxphreakxx is currently offline Click here to Send xxphreakxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxphreakxx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

If I had to guess, I would say that if plants and trees can convert Carbon Dioxide into Oxygen, then the people of Zion could have made a machine that did the same.

After all where there are humans, then as a result there is Carbon Dioxide.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 11:30 AM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote