KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Is this legit?

Is this legit?
Started by: Iconoclast

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Iconoclast

Is this legit?

h t t p://conscioushiphop.com/matrix/motherofmatrix.h t m l

I came across this by accident today, andwas wondering if some of the more knowledgeable people on this board could clear it up.
(Sorry if this has already been posted)

Thanks.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 03:26 PM
Iconoclast is currently offline Click here to Send Iconoclast a Private Message Find more posts by Iconoclast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 05:14 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Sounds like someone is money grubbing to me...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 08:17 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sum1butno1
Transient being

I looked a bit into this awhile ago. The book she wrote that was supposedly given to the Wachowski sounded like really crappy, pseudo-mythical sci-fi, nothing remotely close to the quality and style of the cyberpunk classic we all know and love. I'm just saying this judging from a few scans of her book I found online.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 03:35 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

Ok, she might have come up with the original idea for the matrix and she got ripped off and not credited for it so she deserves a fair trial, but please tell me...

"The Mother of The Matrix is a BLACK WOMAN!"

What in the **** does this have to do with anything?!?!?!?!?!?

I hate that kind of shite.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 11:09 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

One question: When did this person start claiming SHE came up with the idea for the Matrix? When the movie went into production? When the first movie opened? When it became a blockbuster?

... Questions, questions.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 02:31 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Pff, feckin weirdo.... wonder how long it takes for that case to be dropped.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 06:43 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

It is said that she filed the first law suit after the first movie was released but who knows, its always been kept under wraps.

The story and ideas of The Matrix have been around forever, there are probly 100s / 1000s of stories based around the same subject / concept.

Its her word against theres and it is said that FBI agents have witnessed the W Bros using the script or some shite while it was in production, what the **** were FBI agents doing there? It sounds kind of stupid to me.

Good luck to her, i don't think she has a chance.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 07:59 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

Fans will believe that she is lying. Others on the other hand may not.

Remember folks whatever you're feelings on this, we are in the minority.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 02:20 PM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

I don't doubt that she is telling the truth, but she doesn't have much chance, she has no evidence what so ever, its all her word against theres.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 04:35 AM
VenomVA

WOW, interesting

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 09:40 AM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

It's possible that she's telling the truth. A guy is suing Universal over The Fast and the Furious and its sequel. He said he wrote a script for it and showed it to Universal; they said they didn't like it. But then when he went to The Fast and the Furious, it was the same story and Universal used lines from his script.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 09:50 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

The problem with this woman is that, everything she does is suspect...i cannot tell you how many times i have seen CNN or the New York Times print something that "Big Brother" the AOL/Time Warner might not approve of, and they would even say, while printing the story, "CNN is a subsidiary of AOL/Time Warner"... so the fact that she does not go through what i would call 'legit' channels but rather through www.brotherjamaal.com and Da Ghetto Tymz tells me that SHE, in fact, is the one that doesn't want the truth about her statements to come to light. I distrust her.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 07:13 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

uh...since wen does AOL-Time Warner own 95% of the media??? yeah thats a lil exaggerated i think..especially cuz Time Warner is dumping AOL...anyway..seems like a waste of tax payer money to hold a trial over something as trivial as the matrix at this point...the trilogy is over...shes not gonna c any return on it...n wut r they gonna do? pull off production of dvds? yeah rite...that whole case seems like BS n sumone whining about the Matrix...comeon, the initial premise is universal, its a matter of developing the ideas and making the movies... ive never heard anything about "The 3rd Eye"...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 12:24 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

It's dumping AOL just off of its name. AOL should die, though. Dummied down internet no

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 01:43 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
AOL should die, though. Dummied down internet

exactly...yes

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 04:07 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

no they're gonna dump AOL completely...the original creator is tryin to buy it back for 10 Mil...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 08:03 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote