KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » I, Robot-- looks like a Matrix Prequel-- is it?

I, Robot-- looks like a Matrix Prequel-- is it?
Started by: Striel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I, Robot-- looks like a Matrix Prequel-- is it?

Have you seen the preview for the new Will Smith movie "I, Robot"?

For those of you that haven't, click on the link below and watch it:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/i_robot/

Those of you that have seen the Animatix know that this movie (I. Robot) looks an awful lot like the part of the Animatrix where the servant robot rebels against his master. I believe it was called The Second Renaissance... Anyways, this seems to be too much of a coincidence. What do you think about this?

It isn't being portrayed AS a Matrix Prequel, it just seems very similar...

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 09:56 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

I, Robot is an old book series...

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 10:05 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

Ah... well then The Animatrix totally ripped off the storyline. lol

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 11:19 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

looks like a good movie. a lot of people will tie it in with the 2nd ren just like striel said. it actually looks promising. and the robots kinda look like B166ER.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 11:59 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Asimov's Robot series was far, far better than the cliched dross that was Second Renaissance. It took a far more intelligent view of the troubles of AI creation.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 12:13 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallen

yeah, i've never read the books, but my dad is a big fan of Asimov's

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 03:14 AM
Fallen is currently offline Click here to Send Fallen a Private Message Find more posts by Fallen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

The Robot and Foundation series were great. smile thumb up

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 04:16 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

hey Mike where u been?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 03:23 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

In the ocean. confused I'm back though.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 10:38 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lil Seraph

That's pretty ironic/cool Will Smith was in the list of being Neo, but he turned it down to play in the big blockbuster movie flop wild wild west.

"Hilary Duff eek!, Kirsten Kreuk, Christina Milian, Natalie Portman, and Keira Knightly are the Hottest!" - Lil Seraph

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 05:31 AM
Lil Seraph is currently offline Click here to Send Lil Seraph a Private Message Find more posts by Lil Seraph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Right, this is weird, too weird to be a coincidence. Although I, Robot is a Fox Film. I highly, I mean, HIGHLY recommend LISTENING to that trailer again. In particular, the music.

Just believe me when I tell you: that is no "ordinary" music.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 08:55 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Yes, it's Navras. Music is almost always borrowed from previous movies' soundtracks... but this is interesting. After viewing the trailer, it looks more and more like The Animatrix all over again.... wouldn't it be a kicker if at the end, the screen just turns to matrix code, and fades to black? Although that won't happen.. since this is 20th Century Fox and Matrix was WB

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 11:04 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Note: Will SMITH.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 09:56 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

laughing

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 11:45 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

yes, really weird on the part of neo. Maybe once he found out that matrix was a huge hit, he looked back and said, "man, my bad." laughing So maybe this new movie is somewhat a revelation to matrix and would make a reasonable amount of money as done matrix. But you never know...

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 07:16 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxphreakxx
Phreaky Boy

it is very interesting that 2 movies could 'appear' so similar
yet be writttten at totally different times with totally different views
coincident or a deeper matter...?

Thats why they call me Stallion wink

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 10:32 AM
xxphreakxx is currently offline Click here to Send xxphreakxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxphreakxx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Errr, no... 'I, Robot' was the book that founded the idea of AI exploration in sci-fi which has now simply become an established piece, in 2001: ASO, Terminator, and more recently Matrix. It would be like saying it is weird that the Lawnmower Man involves cyberspace just like the matrix, despite being written at different times.

It is, of course, from Asimov that the three 'Asimov's laws' of robotics behaviour was developed, which Asimov said humans would need to build into all AIs precisely to prevent robotic rebellion.

However, people do rather quickly forget that the entire Robot series was Asimov's explorations of the meanings, limits, and failings of his own laws.

The Robot series also went into great depth to explore what it would MEAN if we developed intelligent AIs who serve us, and its effect on human culture and development. All very interesting but not much to do with something like the Matrix, and that extent of his storyline is not worth filming, even though they are interesting books.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 11:15 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

its also the title of a song by a sci-fi progressive rock/punk/emo band Coheed and Cambria...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 01:41 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

...and seeing how the W brothers took much of their stories from many different sources, the second rennaissance was probably based on the Asimov story

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 07:06 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by realworlddreams
its also the title of a song by a sci-fi progressive rock/punk/emo band Coheed and Cambria...

Coheed and Cabria thumb upup: big grin cool
I saw them LIVE! eek!
Sorry for the off-topicness. embarrasment

But yes, 2nd Ren. may be based off of Asimov. And Asimov is a brilliant man.. I've read several of his works. smile

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 02:55 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote