KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Alice references

Alice references
Started by: mook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mook

Alice references

ive just read alice in wonderland and am reading thru the looking glass at the moment.

its good to see the things in the matrix in context
white rabbit tattoo
Neos Through the looking-glass hallucination
the references in a detectives story from animatrix.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 05:55 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

yes i've seen the movie a while back now and when they shoved neo in that chair for the first time (when the silver liquid inhibits him) it reminds me of the time when Alice tumbled into the rabbit hole

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 07:26 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

quote:
Originally posted by dragonpisces272
yes i've seen the movie a while back now and when they shoved neo in that chair for the first time (when the silver liquid inhibits him) it reminds me of the time when Alice tumbled into the rabbit hole

That and Neo awakening in his pod reminded

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 10:08 AM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Numo
Kwisatz Haderach

I hit return by mistake.

What I was trying to say was when Neo awoke in his pod reminded me of stories I've read of astral projection and the astral self.

"Always remember...your focus determines your reality."

May whatever God you believe in...have mercy on your RSIs. May the source be with you.

To know the truth, you must risk everything.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 10:10 AM
Numo is currently offline Click here to Send Numo a Private Message Find more posts by Numo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

yeah...the one part where morpheus and neo were in that white room, well, construct. That residual self image...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 07:51 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

There are many references in the movies to other works of literature, art, etc....too many for one person to list...and if i remember correctly, there was, at one time or another, a list of references...although its probably long gone by now...

for instance, Alice in Wonderland, Simulacra and Simulation, Mona lisa overdrive(i think...its by the author of johnny mnemonic) and many others, including works of religion, ie the Bible, the the Bhagavad gita, etc.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 08:33 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

i think omega posted something like that before blink but how did the W. Bros think of all this symbolism? There are so many, and I bet they mad scenes where there's actually no symbolism, but makes the movie viewer think it through to have some kinda subliminal message comming out messed

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 08:42 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

well, one way they thought of all the symbolism is because they are very well versed...think about this. Think back to Reloaded, when Persephone take Neo, Morpheus and Trinity into the Library, where Cain and Abel are watching the Bride of Dracula, or something. there is an entire wall filled with books...the brothers hand selected every one of those books because it had a special significance to them, or the movie, or because it was a favorite of theirs. Now imagine that one reference was made, throughout all three movies, to one thing in everyone of those books...that in and of itself is ALOT of references...and i am sure there are many we haven't even realized yet.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 08:49 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

i got round to finishing 'through the looking glass' last night - good stuff.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 09:41 AM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sum1butno1
Transient being

Oh, and just so you know, I'm pretty sure the guy who wrote Mona Lisa Overdrive and Johnny Mnemonic was William Gibson, who also wrote Neuromancer (which supposedly started the cyberpunk movement).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 03:51 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yes, he was...one of the songs was named "Mona Lisa overdrive" in homage to him...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 05:38 AM
sum1butno1
Transient being

Yeah, that was in the Freeway chase in Reloaded, right?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 01:36 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Yes

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 01:50 AM
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

yeah i forgot about that stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 07:56 AM