KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » I,Robot is the Matrix prequel

I,Robot is the Matrix prequel
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

I,Robot is the Matrix prequel

Having seeing the Matrix trilogy and had seen the animatrix films which besides the first Matrix were probably better then them. The main movie in this called "The Second Renaissance" told the story of what happened in the matrix so take over humanity and start what will happen.

Basically just as an overview of what happens is that a single robot decides to kill his masters because the robot didn't want to die and when his executions took place is started a world wide destruction of robots. In response to this new onslaught of machines the robots created their own society in the middle east and prospered. Their society was so advanced that their creations and products they made and sold to the humans dominated the human models. So basically the humans decided instead of peacefully make amends with the robots which the robots wanted they attacked them and in the end lost.

Now if you look at this story doesn’t it seem a little like the story that is being formed by I, Robot. First you have a new race of machines that can think for themselves that if pushed the right way will do what they are told. After a short killing spree of humans like the original killing of a human in the Matrix the humans tried to stop the growth of the robots. Do you actually think that if something like what happened in I, Robot happened that the humans would just put them in the desert of Lake Michigan or would they destroy them. So the next step in the sequel to I, Robot is simple humans will see that with the aprrox. one billion robots in the world and seeing what they are capable of they would order a massive extermination of the robots. The robots with their new minds since they were severed from any central like to the home base would tr to survive and find a place where they can live (sound familiar). The robots will have to find a way to make their way through the world market to why not invent some new technology to overthrough the human economy. The rest just falls into place. It way just be that I have seen both of these movies and it is what I see as a possible outcome and actually I believe that if robots ever get the chance to think they wont bother trying to slow play us they will unleash hell and there would be not chance for us to stop them.

Just think about it if you knew that you were more powerful and much much more intelgent then everyone else around you wouldn't you take control in a heart beat. As you can see this is identical to what happened in the Matrix. Now I am not saying that the creators of this move stole any ideas but if they try to make a sequel and basically if they don't follow these lines then the sequel won’t even make any sense. I was just wondering if anyone agree.

Last edited by lau_timmy on Apr 8th, 2005 at 04:11 AM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:05 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

A) I, Robot sucked, Majorly, Just wanna throw that out there.

B) I thought that too when I saw the previews, but its not, too many differences. Its just Completly different in so many aspects.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 04:13 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

I can see why you think its the same, There very alike as in *How the Machines, first turned againts the Humans and taking over the world.*

I use this as a prime example to show people how machines first took over the world in the matrix movies.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:37 AM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lau...

i-robot was a book long before the matrix was a movie... there is a sequel to that book... and it is nothing like the matrix...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 08:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I see similarities, but no...there are way too many differences.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 09:37 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

And don't forget that IRobot sucked b-a-l-l-s.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:16 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

i robot didnt suck! and no its not the prequel i robot ended hapily and every one survived (almost) in the matrix. it ended sadly and everyone couldnt live properly

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:27 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

And i suppose Star Wars episodes I and II didn't suck either! laughing

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 06:50 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i-robot was a good popcorn movie, nothing more, i enjoyed it...

episode three has alot to to live up to to even compare with the original trilogy...

and no, matrix and i-robot are not that simliar...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 03:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

Thanks for clearing that up...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 03:43 AM
The Ones
Death Eater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superfly4000
And i suppose Star Wars episodes I and II didn't suck either! laughing

nope. not at all.

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 08:33 AM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

You're reaching, lau.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 12:11 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo121

you have terminator 1 2 3 for the prequel to the matrix laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 02:55 PM
neo121 is currently offline Click here to Send neo121 a Private Message Find more posts by neo121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

quote:
i-robot was a book long before the matrix was a movie... there is a sequel to that book... and it is nothing like the matrix...

there is no comparison between the book and the movie............the only thing the two have in common is the name.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 09:48 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I agree.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 11:34 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evil Dead
there is no comparison between the book and the movie............the only thing the two have in common is the name.

thats kinda what i was implying... confused

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 09:34 AM
neo121

prequel to the matrix is terminator 1 2 3 cool laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:44 PM
neo121 is currently offline Click here to Send neo121 a Private Message Find more posts by neo121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chapel

I think the film that could be a prequel to the matrix is A.I

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 08:15 PM
Chapel is currently offline Click here to Send Chapel a Private Message Find more posts by Chapel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Second Renaissance was a pile of junk as well though. Cliched vacuous empty drivel.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 07:21 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i made a thread about this exact subject long ago... and i got reamed up the ass about it.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 10:49 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote