KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Were the sequels mistakes??

Were the sequels mistakes??
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 7 58.33%
No 5 41.67%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Were the sequels mistakes??
Started by: JohnnyBloom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

Question Were the sequels mistakes??

I know that a lot of people think that the 2nd and 3rd matrixes were let downs and not as good as the first one, but I also know that a lot of people will solidly stand by the second and third films as true fans and say that they were brilliant, so i was just wondering what the general feeling here was??

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 03:04 PM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

No because they were a continuation of the storyline.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 04:55 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the sequels were necessary to tell the story. there were too many unanswered question by the end of the matrix.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:37 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

no they werent mistakes, they just should have been better, particularly revolutions...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
no they werent mistakes, they just should have been better, particularly revolutions...

true

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:21 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Yeah. Not really mistakes, but more of a money-making plan than a great story-telling.

I don't know, I guess I'm one of the only people who was contented with having just 'The Matrix'.

Although, I enjoyed the sequels, the first one still rules! stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:28 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Yeah. Not really mistakes, but more of a money-making plan than a great story-telling.
I don't know, I guess I'm one of the only people who was contented with having just 'The Matrix'.
Although, I enjoyed the sequels, the first one still rules! stick out tongue

yeah that's kind of what i think - i mean the 2nd and 3rd are great and i don't think i wouldn't go so far as to say that they were mistakes - but i don't seem to think they're as great as some other people seem to messed.
... lol, doesn't mean i don't watch them non-stop!! big grin

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:57 PM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

yeah same here, I liked reloaded the best, I think we just really needed those sequels to know what was really going on, I think that it's actually based on the bible stories and all and that was the whole point so they wanted to clear that out, which is logical. big grin

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 07:31 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Clear what up?!

Lots of ppl are still confused and speculating shit that's been going on in the Matrix Universe even after the trilogy.

But anyway, the Matrix Franchise is alright.

To be honest, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this board.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 10:47 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Huma

Not mistakes. I liked them. I tihnk that most people that I know of were wanting more of a story that makes you think. There were so many questions about the matrix that weren't answered. questions about programs and viruses and how they all tie together inside of the matrix and a computer (sorry if u dont know what I mean). But as for being sci-fi and action flics, they were all pretty good.

In the face of lantern light, Tonight my destiny lies.
This day so hallowed, from here to forever its will I will follow.
Tonight will come to life.
Deadened branches stirred by the whispers in the wind.
Fall Children fill the streets at dusk, at last, it all will begin...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 09:17 AM
Huma is currently offline Click here to Send Huma a Private Message Find more posts by Huma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

Originally posted by Huma
There were so many questions about the matrix that weren't answered. questions about programs and viruses and how they all tie together inside of the matrix and a computer (sorry if u dont know what I mean).

yes, i agree- there were too many unanswered questions to leave the film where they had - and yes i know what you mean stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 09:18 PM
shaber
schizoid

Wasn't the main point in the original the subjective nature of reality? Therefore unanswered questions would be a virture.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 02:20 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ccoo

It is a shame, because rarely are the sequels as good as the originals. The problem is they write it as one-single story, and then after it is a big hit, people clamor for sequels. But you run into so many problems with sequels. The first is expectations, and then making the story compelling to complete the trilogy.

I believe the Matrix suffered what happened to Back to the Future. The originals of both of those movies are classics, but the sequels, while both very good, were just not at the level of the original. There is only so much you can do with these topics.

The Lord of the Rings succeeded because the stories were filmed all at once, so you had a general flow to the movies. The only movies that defied the odds with sequels that were either better or just as good were The Empire Strikes Back and Terminator 2.

It is a shame for the directors of these movies like Matrix, Back to the Future, Star Wars Prequels, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, and many others. People cry for more movies, to continue the story, and when they come out they are held to high standards. Usually people are let down because they have so high expectations, they are never met.

The Matrix was king of the world in 1999, and now it is somewhat tainted by Reloaded & Revolutions. Back to the Future was king in 1985, by 1990, no one went to see Marty McFly in the old west. Finally George Lucas, who many consider a genius, has taken his lumps for the past six years with the Star Wars prequels. I guess they're in a no-win situation.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:46 PM
ccoo is currently offline Click here to Send ccoo a Private Message Find more posts by ccoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freemind

Whoops, I accidently voted yes instead of no. I was thinking the question was were the sequels necessary for some reason. I think the sequels weren't a mistake. I liked them even though alot of people didn't.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 08:55 PM
freemind is currently offline Click here to Send freemind a Private Message Find more posts by freemind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

The sequels didn't help the characters...there just wasn't any depth...even to Neo. And no, it wasn't the acting (which didn't help much), it was the Wachowski's failure to pay attention to characters and instead focused on all of the eye candy.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 04:19 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

It'd be nice if after the trilogy, the Wachowskis' made a Matrix sitcom.

That way, it wouldn't too deep.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 06:46 PM
FallenForever
***BrInGmEtOlIfE***

ummmmtwo of the three main characters are dead. how can they make a sitcom about morpeus?

and the sequels are awesome. i hate how people think the first one is so great and screew the the third and second.i think the wachoskis and the actors did a great job and together made three awesome movies

"There is no spoon"

"Anything is possible right now. We're in the middle of an isolated high-coincidental localized entropic field decreasement."
"We're in a what?"
"We're in a pseudoscientific technobabble.'

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 11:49 PM
FallenForever is currently offline Click here to Send FallenForever a Private Message Find more posts by FallenForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote