KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Architect - Neo conversation

Architect - Neo conversation
Started by: mariosgr12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mariosgr12

Architect - Neo conversation

Architect: hello Neo.

Neo: Who are you?

Architect: I am the Architect. I created the Matrix I've been waiting for you.
You have many questions, and though the process has altered your consciousness you remain irrevocably human ergo some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not.
Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realise it is also the most irrelevant.

Neo: Why am I here?

Architect: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. you are the eventuallity of an anomaly which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden asciduously avoided it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you inexorably....here

Neo: You haven't answered my question.

Architect: Quite right. Interesting...that was quicker than the others.

(TV "Neo"s:
Others [how many others?] what others? answer my question!)

Architect: The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the 6th version.

(Tv Neos:
5 ones before me? 4...3..2.. what are you talking about? There are only 2 possible explanations, either no one told me....)
Neo: ...or no one knows.

Architect: Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly is systemic--creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

(Tv Neos:
You can't contol me!
I'm gonna smash the wall
I'll fukkin kill you!
etc..)

Neo: Choice. The problem is choice.

Cut to Trinity vs Agent.

Architect: The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art...flawless, sublime. And triumphed equally only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus. I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another--An intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its Mother.

Neo: The Oracle.

Architect: Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice...even if they were only awar e of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked would constitute an escalating probablility of disaster.

Neo: This is about Zion.

Architect: You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed--its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existance eradicated.

Neo: Bullshit
(TV Neos:
Bullshit!
Bullshit!
Bullshit!)

Architect: Denial is the most predictable of all human responses, but rest assured...this will be the 6th time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Cut to Trinity vs Agent

Architect: The function of the One is now to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you cary, reinserting the prime program. After which, you will be required to selevt from the matrix 23 individuals--16 females, 7 male--to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash, killing everyone connected to the Matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

Neo: You won't let it happen. You can't. You need human beings to survive.

Architect: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility of the death of every human being on this world.
It is interesting reading your reactions. Your 5 predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication--a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific--vis a vie..love.

Neo: Trinity.

Architect: Appropos, she entered the matrix to save your life, at the cost of her own.

Neo: No...

Architect: Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end.
There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Source, and the salvation of Zion. The door to your left leads back to the matrix, to her and to the end of your Species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already, I can see the chain-reaction--the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason--an emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth...she is going to die, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Architect: Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.

Neo: If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

Architect: We won't.

Neo exits out of the left door.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 12:49 PM
mariosgr12 is currently offline Click here to Send mariosgr12 a Private Message Find more posts by mariosgr12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

this is one masive spoiler....and i don't see no spoiler tags. Besides..this is already posted somewhere.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 07:29 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well hopefully someone who hasnt seen the film could read the title of the thread and realize it is a big time spoiler, i hope.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 09:26 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Thanks for posting that.
Now can someone explain it pleasewink

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 09:47 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wauzer

Smile

Thanks mariosgr12 for that text. I saw the movie but had a hard time following that segment in the movie(English is not my first language) but none the less opened my eyes to understanding the matrix and its origin.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 12:36 PM
Wauzer is currently offline Click here to Send Wauzer a Private Message Find more posts by Wauzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

and why did we need to read the conversation between architect and neo?

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 09:10 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

because it is relevent to alot of the questions and theories people have been coming up with

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 09:13 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

oh right. the movie wasn't that hard to understand.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 09:22 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

ya i dont think it was too hard either, but it has left the door wide open for what is going to happen next and that is what everyone is kind of trying to come up with.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 10:38 PM
chico
chopper style

I dont think it was hard to understand, but I did post this text earlier because I thought that scene was going by a little fast. I got some requests to dig up more so I posted a few other imprtant moments in another thread.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 24th, 2003 04:21 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Who plays the architect?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post May 24th, 2003 05:26 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GPUSboy

Neo chose the left door so according to the architect this "will result in a cataclysmic system crash, killing everyone connected to the Matrix".

did the architect lie about this? if not, do we assume that this crash has already occurred prior to Revolution?

Old Post May 25th, 2003 03:40 PM
GPUSboy is currently offline Click here to Send GPUSboy a Private Message Find more posts by GPUSboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trilight

Why will a cataclysmic system crash occur? Is it a slow event or fast?

Old Post May 25th, 2003 03:55 PM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FuKungLee

Smile

thanks man. its helps 2 understand d movie better since i lost track of wat he was saying midway:P

i think d matrix varies in complexity depending on wat u think of d movies. if u think its simple its simple but if u think 2 much abt it of cos u can find deeper meanings n themes tat even d wachowski brothers didnt meant it 2 b. apparently d first was alot more straight forward n its so simply becos no 1 knew tat d movie was gonna b such a big hit n if it flopped its a nice sort of ending. but d 2nd movie ends jus like back 2 d future 2 or 2 towers so u know 4 sure tats not d end but only LOR has been from d beginning 3 parts supposed 2 b in 1 n its a literature classic.

Old Post May 26th, 2003 07:00 AM
FuKungLee is currently offline Click here to Send FuKungLee a Private Message Find more posts by FuKungLee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It would be a slow event. The Matrix has not been corrected in the way the Architect wants so therefore the anomaly will grow until the whole system crashes.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 26th, 2003 09:08 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Why did he give Neo the option?

Why not just say, "off you go through the 'right' door".

Old Post May 26th, 2003 01:57 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The doors were only choices. I guess the whole thing falls apart if Neo doesn't choose what he wants.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 26th, 2003 02:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

What I meant to say was, why give the option to kill off everyone? It doesn't make sense...to me anyway.

Old Post May 26th, 2003 02:20 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because Neo's love for Trinity means that he isn't actually interested in saving the human race. Selfish bastard. So in that sense the doors were a represenation of the dilemmas in his own mind, rather than a literal decision the Architect was presenting to him. Neo knew at that point he could either save humanity or try to save Trinity and I think that was so whether the Architect mentioned it or not. It is all getting rather conceptual at that stage

BtVS

Old Post May 26th, 2003 02:34 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Strange he can't do both.

Old Post May 26th, 2003 03:49 PM