KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Enter the Matrix Video Game *Spoilers*

Enter the Matrix Video Game *Spoilers*
Started by: Nameless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nameless

Enter the Matrix Video Game *Spoilers*

I have completed the game with the main characters, Niobe, Captain of the Logos and Ghost, Weapons Expert and crewmate. Here are the main plot points for anybody who is interested but doesn't want to spend the 10+ hours completing the game.

This is MOST of the stuff I can remember off the top of my head and it may not be EXACTLY chronological but really close and all the really juicy stuff is here so enjoy. I would love to hear your comments.

1. Ghost and Niobe picks up the package in the Matrix from the Osiris which contained the first information that the Machines were going to attack Zion, the package of photos and video are shown in the sewer meeting.

2. After the filmed sewer meeting in the film, there is a scene where agents break up the this meeting. Ghost and Niobe run through the sewers and end up at a dead end with an Agent coming toward them. The Keymaker opens a door and helps them escape. After the Keymaster explains who he is another door in the white hallway opens with two of the Merovingian's vampire henchman. They grab the "Source" key and close the door. They Keymaster opens another door and sends them to the great mansion shown in the film to retrieve the key.

3. Depending on the character you play with in the game, there is a cut scene where Niobe/Ghost has to kiss Persephone in order to find Ghost/Niobe (they are captured in that level depending on the character you play), similar to the scene with Neo and Persephone in the film. This part of the game also explores fighting with vampires, werewolves, and zombies, which was lightly mentioned in the film. Watching Persephone and Niobe KISS is worth the price of the game alone smile

2. In the film Ballard (Ray Jones Jr.) told Morpheus he would keep his ship in the Matrix broadcast just in case the Oracle was trying to contact them. In the game there is a filmed cut scene with Ballard meeting Seraph, they have a fight similar to the tea house scene in the film and he meets the Oracle to inform him that she wanted to speak to Neo.

4. After saving Niobe/Ghost they reach a subway to find the phone to get back to the Logos. Ghost answers the phone and returns to the Logos. Before Niobe picks up the phone a homeless man comes toward her repeating "72 Hours and Zion will Fall, That Was How It Happened Last Time", and then he disappears into the dark.

5. There is a scene with Ghost and Trinity, where the battle each other in a construct training program mirrored as a Japanese garden. There is a scene in the game where it is revealed that Ghost has been in love with Trinity since the beginning but knows (Oracle tells him) that she will always love you, but only as a brother and that is something he will have to face.

5. Niobe and Ghost return to Zion and there is a scene with Locke and how he deliberately removed the Logos from the planned defense. Niobe gets angry and then it cuts to the scene in the film where she volunteer's her service to find the Neb.

6. After saving Morpheus on the filmed Freeway scene and blowing up the power plant she runs into Seraph because the Oracle has a message for her. She fights Seraph and then talks to the new Oracle (Mary Alice). The Oracle explains to Niobe that the Merovingian was angry that she helped Neo find and retrieve the Keymaker so he stole her original body and this was her new form. She told Niobe that Neo found the Source but in essence it was the end. Neo's MIND AND BODY were seperated from the Matrix after he went out of the source meaning his MIND was still in the Matrix while his body was in the real world!

7. The final scene of the game is them returning to their ship. They are being chased by the destroyers but they managed to outrun the bomb that was shown in the film. The bomb still damaged their ship but not completely. They EMPed the rest of the destroyers and that was the end of the game.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:01 AM
Nameless is currently offline Click here to Send Nameless a Private Message Find more posts by Nameless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tmoxey2000

have you foundout how to be neo?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 11:58 PM
tmoxey2000 is currently offline Click here to Send tmoxey2000 a Private Message Find more posts by tmoxey2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Thanks for that Nameless. smile

Why is everyone obsessed with trying to play as Neo? Get a patch if you have it on the PC. If you don't you're screwed...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 12:10 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emilio30

Nameless,

In the game, the scene where Ballard meets the Oracle, which actor do you see? Gloria Foster or Mary Alice?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 04:18 PM
emilio30 is currently offline Click here to Send emilio30 a Private Message Find more posts by emilio30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Neither he just walks off to see her and it switches to another scene.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 04:21 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Mary Alice...it is Mary Alice all throughout the game.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 04:59 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emilio30

The reason I ask is because it would be a plot hole if you SEE Mary Alice since the meeting with Ballard occurs BEFORE Neo meets with the Oracle(Gloria Foster) in Reloaded. Seeing Mary Alice after the meeting w/ Neo either in the game or the movies is ok. It would also be ok and not a plot hole if you just hear the voice of Mary Alice in the game in the scene w/ Ballard.

In the game I also heard there is a cutscene where Seraph first meets up with the Oracle and he says something like "I am forever in your debt". Do you SEE Mary Alice there or just her voice?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 06:29 PM
emilio30 is currently offline Click here to Send emilio30 a Private Message Find more posts by emilio30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

if anybody wants to play neo, go to the "hacking the matrix"-thread. there you found out (i hope)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 06:52 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emilio30

bump city

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 02:22 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

They've made it so that that doesn't happen. You never see the oralce until after the meeting.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 02:29 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

What I would like to know is did anyone else find the story to be a bit odd to be writen by the wackatoski bros.? By this i mean that it contradicts itself by who got the package, who ran away from Smith etc.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 02:31 PM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

No, u can look at it either way. In one scenario, it could hav been Ghost. That's y we will never here about that in Revolutions. Its something that can help u understand how it could hav happened. smile

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 11:04 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
What I would like to know is did anyone else find the story to be a bit odd to be writen by the wackatoski bros.? By this i mean that it contradicts itself by who got the package, who ran away from Smith etc.

It doesn't really contradict itself. After Ballard got the message from the Oracle, he, Bane, and the other guy were most likely attacked by Agent Smith and got separated. Bane and the other guy took the message and then Bane gets infected after the other guy leaves.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 02:39 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Nicely put. yes

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 02:41 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Thank you.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 08:54 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Except that is not what was meant- they were talking about the ambiguity of whether Niobe or Ghost did those things, not anything to do with Bane or Ballard.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 11:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

What stuff? If you're talking about the message from the Osiris, then Ghost/Nioee did it. If you're talking about the message from the Oracle, then Bane and Ballard did it.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 07:09 PM
Plasma
Irrevocably Human

Re: Enter the Matrix Video Game *Spoilers*

quote:
Originally posted by Nameless
....doesn't want to spend the 10+ hours completing the game.

it took u ten hours, i was done in 4!

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I've realized that you are not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment. But you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague.
And we are... the cure.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 08:07 PM
Plasma is currently offline Click here to Send Plasma a Private Message Find more posts by Plasma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by The Unknown
What stuff? If you're talking about the message from the Osiris, then Ghost/Nioee did it. If you're talking about the message from the Oracle, then Bane and Ballard did it.

It is very simple. The question was in the parts of the game where Ghost and Niobe are doing the SAME things, who ACTUALLY did it in the plot?

It's not important but it is a fair point and NOTHING to do with Bane and Ballard.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 26th, 2003 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 10:48 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Oh, sorry, didn't understand what you were saying.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 11:33 PM