KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Thomas A Anderson----->thomas A Eddison

Thomas A Anderson----->thomas A Eddison
Started by: redhotchilis2k

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

Warning Thomas A Anderson----->thomas A Eddison

This only came to me when I was doing my physics work the other day and as I was flicking through my book I say the name THOMAS A EDDISON printed in bold and I thought it had said THOMAS A ANDERSON (neo) so I went back to that page and realised otherwise.

And i realised there was a link between NEO's real name and eddisons full name... Then it struck me, eddison invented the lightbulb and the lightbulb is a very primitive form of fusion (correct me if i am wrong) and the machines create power through (as morpheus quoted in the fist film) a form of fusion?

THERE HAS TO BE A LINK... SURELY? big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:29 PM
redhotchilis2k is currently offline Click here to Send redhotchilis2k a Private Message Find more posts by redhotchilis2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rat

Errr...no.

I read somewhere a reason for his names. Anderson is because it means 'son of God' or somesuch. The others have reasons too but I can't for the life of me remember what they are. Ill post again when I have the article

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:32 PM
The Rat is currently offline Click here to Send The Rat a Private Message Find more posts by The Rat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

Where was the article from? I think it was more than a coincidence that he is THOMAS A ANDERSON and there is a THOMAS A EDDISON!big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:48 PM
redhotchilis2k is currently offline Click here to Send redhotchilis2k a Private Message Find more posts by redhotchilis2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

I just read up about what the meaning of Anderson is... it means son of Anders it is a scandanavian name. So err...no to u! big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 12:59 PM
The Rat

I'll need to get the article off my friend cos i don't have it.

I have to say that your Eddison link is a tad tenuous. Not only because the name isn't that similar considering loads of folk probably have the name 'Thomas A.', but because the fact that he invented the light bulb has sweet FA to do with anything in the Matrix. Light bulbs don't work with fusion and even if they did the fact that the humans are used like batteries has nothing to do with fusion.

Old Post May 27th, 2003 01:20 PM
The Rat is currently offline Click here to Send The Rat a Private Message Find more posts by The Rat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

The power is made from the humans in matrix using a form of fusion, so try and contradict me all you want but i am sure there is a link! big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 01:33 PM
The Rat

Even if you were right, this is what you're saying:

Neo's real name sounds a bit like the guy who invented the light bulb which uses power in a sort of fusion way which is sort of like the way that the machines use humans.

Wow! Great link! Anyone else come up with a good one?

What has the machines' use of sort of fusion power got to do with Neo anyway? Sheesh!

Old Post May 27th, 2003 01:41 PM
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

I am tryin to make that link... SHEESH!!!! Look you are trying to make this complicated. Neos name sounds just like the scientist who created the lighbulbs name and lightbulbs use a form of fusion as do the machines in the matrix. big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2003 01:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, lightbulbs do NOT use a form of fusion, see?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2003 07:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

Lightbulbs work on this principal.

Chem/Physics 101

Everyone know about the solar system model of the atom right? If you don't, it's pretty much the nucleus of an atom is like the sun, and the electrons are the plantets (they orbit the nucleus)

When an atom recieve energy from any type of source, light, heat, electricity...etc. the electrons become excited and jump from a low level to a higher level by aborbing this energy. (farther out from the nucleus. it's a bit more complicated than this, but i'm trying to keep it short and simple). But nature likes to keep things with the lowest amount of energy possible, so the electrons "want" to return to the lowest energy level they possibly can, ie. they want to get back as close to the nucleus as they can. The only way this is possible is for them to release their newly absorbed energy. They do this and then go back to where they were before they became energized.

The light bulb works on the same principal. The electricity (energy) runs through the fuse and excites the electrons, they jump but want to go back to a low level energy state so they release their energy in the easiest way possible, light and heat....this happens a gazillion times a second...and that is how the light and heat is produced from a light bulb.

Fusion is like nuclear stuff. Its when a neutron is taken and sent at a very high velocity to hit and split apart an atom, releasing a huge amount of energy. IE Atom Bomb

I think you misinterpreted what Morpheus meant.

"...25000 btu's of body heat. Combined with a form of fusion, the machines had found all the energy they would ever need."

I think that they found a way to convert bio electricty and body heat into something they could use....either that or they use the bio electrity and body heat to power nuclear power plants.

But the Light Bulb DOES NOT use fusion

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:54 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

OK... sorry, i was misunderstood. Oh well, i try to look into stuff with as much detail as i can... better luck next time for me! big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 28th, 2003 02:38 PM
Dexx
wingless

light bulbs....fusion...oh christ.
but..whatever it might be...did you ever consider that these details might be just COINCIDENCES?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 08:09 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
squarn

how about aNdErsOn

FNORD

Old Post May 29th, 2003 09:00 AM
squarn is currently offline Click here to Send squarn a Private Message Find more posts by squarn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
squarn

btw tom anderson is the old man in Beavis And Butthead who trailer they have been whacking

FNORD

Old Post May 29th, 2003 09:01 AM
squarn is currently offline Click here to Send squarn a Private Message Find more posts by squarn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
squarn

there is also a thomas anderson that is an Associate Professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering University of Washington Seattle, WA
doesn't that have to do with the principles of the matrix

FNORD

Old Post May 29th, 2003 09:16 AM
redhotchilis2k
MR ANDERSON

Squark... you made my day with those posts!!! lol. Finally someone looking at the brighter side of the ideA big grinbig grinHappy DanceHappy Dance

Old Post May 29th, 2003 03:20 PM
Tevesh

haha....hey Dexx, as Morpheus said, "...I do not see coincidence, I see providence."

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 29th, 2003 07:07 PM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HiroProtagonist

Thought it was more a "Doubting Thomas" thing until he belives he is the one...

Old Post May 31st, 2003 02:49 PM
HiroProtagonist is currently offline Click here to Send HiroProtagonist a Private Message Find more posts by HiroProtagonist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xanyuser

NEO by any other name

Isn't Keanu Reeves playing a super-hacker called Neo, a messiah whose coming was foreseen by the prophets, a Christ figure that is reborn, baptized, murdered and resurrected? Isn't his real name Thomas Anderson (Greek "andras" for man, thus "son of man")? Doesn't a character named Trinity save him?

Isn't Neo's teacher Morpheus a John the Baptist figure? Why is their ship called the Nebuchadnezzar? And it's a "Mark III, no. 11." Perhaps that is Mark 3:11, which says of Jesus: "Whenever the unclean spirits saw him, they fell down before him and shouted, 'You are the Son of God!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 08:20 AM
xanyuser is currently offline Click here to Send xanyuser a Private Message Find more posts by xanyuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caliden

ok squarn good point with the aNdErsOn hmmmm

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega" - Agent Smith- enter the matrix

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 07:18 PM
Caliden is currently offline Click here to Send Caliden a Private Message Find more posts by Caliden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote