KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » THE END of the movie

THE END of the movie
Started by: apple

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
apple

Barf THE END of the movie

Letīs explore the end of the movie. There are thousands of different interpretations.
Here goes mine:
In the end, Zion was destroyed for the sixth time and the Matrix was reloaded in the form of the real world. Thatīs why Neo kept his "powers". Actually, when they run away from the spaceship and Neo stops those machines, everybody is still plugged, but nobody realized that... except for Neo.
And thatīs why the only survivor of the Zion destruction was that virotic copy of agent Smith. He also realized the Matrix was reloaded as the real world.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 03:13 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reep

If the matrix was reloaded as the real world, then how did the people who were not plugged in at the time of the reloading make the jump? Also, what makes you think Zion was already destroyed?

Old Post May 29th, 2003 04:21 PM
Reep is currently offline Click here to Send Reep a Private Message Find more posts by Reep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

Good points. I think the people who were not plugged in at the time are agents in the new Matrix.
What regards to Zion.. well, I think, in the end, someone said that the man lying beside Neo was the only survivor of the Zion destruction.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 04:40 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UofMguy

I thought the man lying next to Neo(Smith in humans body) was the only survivor of the planned counter strike of the machine at the perometer or whatever.

I believe that the machines haven't reached Zion yet and that Smith sabtoaged the counterstrike.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 05:29 PM
UofMguy is currently offline Click here to Send UofMguy a Private Message Find more posts by UofMguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

OR....

It is Smith who will destroy Zion.

Question: Who was the "implant" going to kill? Was it really Neo? Was it actually going to assassinate Morpheus? Is it Morpheus who is the rogue program and that Neo was "sent" to flush him out and the "implant" Smith in desguise there to kill him. Shut him down so to speak. That would be the end and the Matrix would reset itself, flushing all the rogue programs and obsolete human baggage and Reload itself with a fresh crop. In the process start Zion all over again along with other "colonies" of humans around the globe.

This would be the Revolution. Revolving. Evolving. In order for the Matrix A.I. to Evolve it has to flush its systems and Reload and start another cycle of symbiotic human crops. big grin

Last edited by maul's woman on May 29th, 2003 at 06:50 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2003 06:48 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

Thanks UofMguy. Some people told me that. I really didnīt catch that information in the movie. Everything happened so fast in the end...
But the main point still stays on.
Everybody is still plugged in!
If the Matrix was reloaded, probably Zion was destroyed (if what the Arquitect said was acurate). I think that will kind of be the beginning of the next movie...
Anyway, people are saying that the real world is another Matrix. I donīt think so. Thereīs only one Matrix. The fact is that the old one was reloaded as the real world. I think that is a clever way to finally kill the rebels, because they wonīt be able to use their "powers" (because they donīt know they are in the Matrix).

Old Post May 29th, 2003 07:00 PM
zimbo
The craziest man ever

There's moment in the movie where zion is shown with hundreds of sentinels in it, and the place where machines started to dig deeper underground

''If any of you so much as pass gas in my direction and upset my delicate nasal passages, your testicles will become my private property''.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 07:30 PM
zimbo is currently offline Click here to Send zimbo a Private Message Find more posts by zimbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Higgypop
Randomness personified

Very very interesting stuff!
I would love to know the answer but I don't think we're gunna.
I don't think there were ever 2 matrix or Neo would have noticed before but they must still be pluged in, we didn't see them leave for one.
May be all the humans in Zion have been picked up and reinserted, may be Neo etc have been reinserted themselves, they would still now how to bend the rules once reinserted.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 07:38 PM
Higgypop is currently offline Click here to Send Higgypop a Private Message Find more posts by Higgypop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

The Sentinels... phages tearing down the old and making way for the new. Making way for the Reload. All those plugged in has to "told" that Zion is dead and that humanity has to start over again from the ashes of the destruction. In reality the system is purging used up human bodies and replacing them with fresh ones. Reloading.

An entire systems reloading and reset. That would also include scrapping useless intelligence programs for a more evolved writing. big grin

When I said that the Matrix spans several dimensional levels I don't mean an alternate Matrix... I mean't the SAME A.I. spanning several realities in real time and in the Matrix generated time/space reality.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 07:44 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

Interesting points Maulīs Woman. But tell me: why do you think that the reloading process of the Matrix includes replacing used up human bodies?
They donīt need to replace human bodies. The energy is useful till the body is dead. If everyone in the Matrix was an old-timer, then I would say they need a new crop. But that is not the case. The bodies are replaced as life goes on. People die, people are born...

Old Post May 29th, 2003 07:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Why do so many people think that Zion has already been destroyed? The film makes it abundantly clear that it has now happened yet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
paulgrimes

I do not believe in the Matrix in a Matrix possiblity. I believe that the reason the machines went down is because the other ship sent a pulse. I also believe that Neo is actually a Machine. He is unaware of this, but it explains how he has his powers, can see the future, and can hear the other drones. In the first Matrix, Neo was technicaly dead when his ship sent a pulse which is why he was not effected by it.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:25 PM
paulgrimes is currently offline Click here to Send paulgrimes a Private Message Find more posts by paulgrimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Just as an endgame Ushgarak. The endgame is the regeneration of the human community and final reloading of new and more advanced A.I. programming. But to the humans it would look like a massacre and the breeding anew of the human flock.

Well Apple, from what I understand, we get old we also get cold. Why do you think so many old people wear sweaters and jackets when it isn't that cool out. There are other bio-function attributed with aging and getting old that impairs the functions of the A.I. systems in general. You don't have to wait for the battery to be totally used up with the needle at zero in order to throw it away. Humans live roughly 80 years (give or take). A.I. would prefer getting younger body for the better energy output. Diseased bodies would act the same as old bodies and they are cast out and fresher ones are put in.

There is also another thought... A.I. has jump up the human species to a more advanced physical level. A body/energy output evolution. The distruction of Zion may be because there is a "new" human model being harvested. big grin Able to produce higher energy output and longer. big grin

Last edited by maul's woman on May 29th, 2003 at 08:30 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:27 PM
Higgypop
Randomness personified

The one thing the confuses me about the whole thing, why bother with such an elaporate system, why not just keep humans in a perptual sleep and use there energy, they would have to kill humans off early then through deaths in the matrix and they'd be able to live out their whole lives and maximise the energy that the machines get from them.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:39 PM
Higgypop is currently offline Click here to Send Higgypop a Private Message Find more posts by Higgypop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zimbo
The craziest man ever

What kind of movie would be that?!!!

''If any of you so much as pass gas in my direction and upset my delicate nasal passages, your testicles will become my private property''.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:41 PM
zimbo is currently offline Click here to Send zimbo a Private Message Find more posts by zimbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Higgypop
Randomness personified

True true

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:45 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If they could just use comatose humans they could probably just use organic slabs or cattle. It seems to be a fundamental point of the film that for the process to work they need humans with properly active brains and for that the brains need the stimulation ofa proper life.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:45 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Higgypop
Randomness personified

Anyway, sorry, I dragged us off the point there.
Back to the end....

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:56 PM
turin

In the trailer for the revolutions it is said they have 24 hours till the destruction of zion.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 09:07 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atomicbits

Miffed

Agreed ! Zion is not destroyed at the end of "Reloaded" only the humans trying to intercept the sentinels were killed. The only survive was Bane ( the human occupied by Smith ) As for how Neo stopped the attacking sentinels, what he did looked a lot like an ECM and then he fell into a coma. If you recall, bane was responsible for a lot of the human loss with an early ECM. Coincidence ? Hmmmm...

I think Bane/Smith and Neo are connected in some way.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 12:37 PM
atomicbits is currently offline Click here to Send atomicbits a Private Message Find more posts by atomicbits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote