KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The machines need humans.

The machines need humans.
Started by: Glipt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Glipt

The machines need humans.

I was just thinking. If the Matrix is destroyed, the machines will still exist. The Matrix was created to house and controll the energy supply. Machines don't live in the Matrix. The free humans would now face the physical war their ancestors lost a long time ago. With much less resources now they don't stand a chance.

In fact the more I think about it the more I don't buy the whole human battery thing. The Sun is not the only energy source. Geothermal energy, nuclear energy, heck even fossil feuls are not dependant on the sun to produce. Why don't the machines use them? I think they need humans. They are interested in real life because it is the one thing they can never create. The Matrix somehow satisfies a curiosity. Incidentally how is Zion powered? Is there a Mini Matrix powering it? If the inhabitants of Zion dug a little deeper under the power generating room they might be in for a nasty surprise.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 02:03 AM
Glipt is currently offline Click here to Send Glipt a Private Message Find more posts by Glipt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Re: The machines need humans.

quote:
Originally posted by Glipt
I
In fact the more I think about it the more I don't buy the whole human battery thing. The Sun is not the only energy source. Geothermal energy, nuclear energy, heck even fossil feuls are not dependant on the sun to produce. Why don't the machines use them? .

Thats interesting! Why dont they indeed?Maybe its not powerful enough?Any ideas? wink cool

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 02:13 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

since fossle fuels will not be around forever maybe the supply i s depleated since its spossed to be way in the future

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 03:35 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Good one!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 03:38 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glipt

The Matrix would have to be tens of thousands of years old if not more to have depleted all fossil fuels.
Billions of years old to deplete geothermal energy (the core of the earth would have to cool down which may be impossible as the compression created by gravity is what keeps things warm, and you actually only need to go a few miles down to get sufficient heat for geothermal energy).
Trillions of years old to deplete nuclear energy (by which time the universe may be totally destroyed anyway).
Don't get me wrong, the movies ROCKED and I can't wait to see it in IMAX. Maybe i'm just being too picky or maybe there is anothr reason for human batteries.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 08:21 PM
Glipt is currently offline Click here to Send Glipt a Private Message Find more posts by Glipt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It has been often suggested that the machines should have been able to find a power supply but frankly I would not worry. Hang the sense of it, is is a basic point of the film that they need the humans for power for whatever weird sci-fi reason

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 08:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Well you have to admit that using humans as a power source makes for a more interesting plot line than machines consuming fossil fuels.

On a more imaginative note, I think the machines use the humans as energy simply because they don't know what else to do with them. Maybe they figured that it was best to create a regulated system by which they could turn an otherwise useless creature into something useful.

Now, I'm no geologist but I think that the energy sources listed above (nuclear, geothermal...) would not last trillions of years probably a lot less but still more than long enough to last thousands of years. Plus it's important to realize that the sources of fuel are non renewable (although they do get produced VERY slowly).

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 09:28 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Well here is a simpler one, the humans where trying to destroy the machines so the machines turned them into bateries and stoped the humans from destroing them. They killed 2 rabbits with one blow!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 10:05 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But logically the would quickly find a far less troublesome power source and kill all the humans if such a source were available.

But as I say, best to ignore the logic of it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 10:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote